Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014

Old 01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

You guys have to remember that this VH1 classic and with that they won't put any death or black metal on there. It is all about the old stuff. Anyways, I enjoy most of Sam Dunn documentaries and even on his first DVD Headbangers journey he does a segment about Black and Death metal even if it is very short.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedX14 View Post
You guys have to remember that this VH1 classic and with that they won't put any death or black metal on there. It is all about the old stuff.
Which totally explains the presence of the nu-metal episode.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Couple of thoughts on this show:

First episode was best bc I learned most from it because a lot of it was stuff I didn't know and I loved the blues stuff they talked about. Definitely a genre I need to get into.

The NWOBHM was a great episode outside of Dunn actually using NWOBHM as a word instead of just saying what the letters stand for.

Thrash episode was great. But somehow towards the end they talked and interviewed LOG. I personally have no problem w/ them but why the hell are they in the thrash episode? No Municipal Waste? Toxic Holocaust? Why not interview newer thrash bands?

A death/black episode would be nice but cmon people. This is vh1, I'm just grateful there's actually a metal series being done. We can still hope for a season 2 as there's a ton that'll be left out. Still fun watch.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Couple of thoughts on this show:

First episode was best bc I learned most from it because a lot of it was stuff I didn't know and I loved the blues stuff they talked about. Definitely a genre I need to get into.

The NWOBHM was a great episode outside of Dunn actually using NWOBHM as a word instead of just saying what the letters stand for.

Thrash episode was great. But somehow towards the end they talked and interviewed LOG. I personally have no problem w/ them but why the hell are they in the thrash episode? No Municipal Waste? Toxic Holocaust? Why not interview newer thrash bands?

A death/black episode would be nice but cmon people. This is vh1, I'm just grateful there's actually a metal series being done. We can still hope for a season 2 as there's a ton that'll be left out. Still fun watch.
1. This, I cringed everytime he pronounced "Nwobhm"
2. Municipal Waste are right in Richmond with LOG, he couldn't have stopped by?

Anyway, I do think it's an enjoyable series if you don't take all the details, classifications, errors, etc. to heart.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
1. This, I cringed everytime he pronounced "Nwobhm"
I think he did that because that's how Bruce pronounced it as a humorous afterthought in the "Number of the Beast" episode of the Classic Albums series. Still it was a little much, but so is saying New Wave of British Heavy Metal every single time.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Rats off to ya

The shock rock episode was pretty disappointing. He had the nerve to say Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and Rammstien are the furthest shock rock has gone and didn't even mention GG Allin. I felt like turning it off in rage when after talking about Venom and King Diamond he skipped over the rest of the 80's and started talking about Manson. They should have had segments about GWAR, The Mentors, and GG Allin.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Buahahahahaha

I'll probably get mad too, but I'm just happy to see King Diamond on there.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Rats off to ya

They covered:
Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Arthur Brown
Alice Cooper
Kiss
Venom
King Diamond
Marilyn Manson
Slipknot
Rammstien

I know they cant talk about everybody but they needed to cover GG at least because he is the single most shocking artist in the history of rock n' roll.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 AM
N00B

Is Canada one week ahead or something? I just saw the Power Metal episode and it was great. If anything, it proved that we need a full-length Power Metal documentary and then tons of bonus features where they cover a whole bunch of bands (like in Get Thrashed).
8/20 - Skid Row
Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Is Canada one week ahead or something? I just saw the Power Metal episode and it was great. If anything, it proved that we need a full-length Power Metal documentary and then tons of bonus features where they cover a whole bunch of bands (like in Get Thrashed).
I guess so. This is not the first instance I've heard about an episode ahead airing before what's scheduled.

And good to know the Power Metal episode was worthwhile.