Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

  #21  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Yeah, I liked the Swedish one a lot and have consistently heard every critic I respect call this one "competent but worse," so I'm not in a hurry.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
They are fucking wrong. You'll be sorry.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,612
Saw Dragon Tattoo tonight and in short. Holy shit it was awsome.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Saw Dragon Tattoo tonight and in short. Holy shit it was awsome.
Yeah, Brad's not gonna watch it - or at least if he does, he'll never admit it on here. Once he's made his statement for the record, he'd rather suck a bag of dicks than change his position or admit he was wrong in the first place.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,612
I went into it with a open mind having read the book a long time ago and it blew me past my expectations. They both deserve best actor/actress and best picture for sure along with best soundtrack.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I went into it with a open mind having read the book a long time ago and it blew me past my expectations. They both deserve best actor/actress and best picture for sure along with best soundtrack.
Yeah, I was a fan of all three of the original Swedish films, and was only cautiously optimistic at best about the U.S. version. The remake did just what you said, though - surpassed my expectations. Also, I think you're right on track with some of the movie's strengths - the soundtrack was awesome (and no, not just because it's by a guy who's loosely connected to the metal world), and the acting by Mara and Craig was great. As I've stated before, I also liked Skarsgard and Plummer better than the actors who were cast in the original roles, and I've had quite a few folks agree with me there, too.

It was just a great film. I'm sincerely shocked that some critics are choosing to bag on it (although it currently has an 86% tomatometer score and a 71% score on Metacritic, which are both good scores), but I do know that it can be fun - not to mention easy - to write bad reviews about something that other folks are digging.

Oh well - at least you and I and a bunch of other folks got to see it and enjoy it.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 01-04-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, Brad's not gonna watch it - or at least if he does, he'll never admit it on here. Once he's made his statement for the record, he'd rather suck a bag of dicks than change his position or admit he was wrong in the first place.
I'm going to see it, but definitely not in theaters.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, I was a fan of all three of the original Swedish films, and was only cautiously optimistic at best about the U.S. version. The remake did just what you said, though - surpassed my expectations. Also, I think you're right on track with some of the movie's strengths - the soundtrack was awesome (and no, not just because it's by a guy who's loosely connected to the metal world), and the acting by Mara and Craig was great. As I've stated before, I also liked Skarsgard and Plummer better than the actors who were cast in the original roles, and I've had quite a few folks agree with me there, too.

It was just a great film. I'm sincerely shocked that some critics are choosing to bag on it (although it currently has an 86% tomatometer score and a 71% score on Metacritic, which are both good scores), but I do know that it can be fun - not to mention easy - to write bad reviews about something that other folks are digging.

Oh well - at least you and I and a bunch of other folks got to see it and enjoy it.

I feel like once award show season gets closer the movie will again alot more popularity by the average movie goer.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:27 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,839
Blog Entries: 1
I've only seen two movies in 2011, in the cinema that is.

Mostly lack of time, but also because I HATE 3D with a passion.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,032
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Well, it certainly doesn't hurt that Rachel McAdams is the female lead. I've got a weakness for that gal that I can't quite explain.
I'm continually surprised by how much we have in common.

For a number of years now I've been more attracted to Rachel McAdams than any other actress in Hollywood. She gives off some sort of vibe that just draws me to her. The only reason I didn't go see Sherlock Holmes was because I read they killed her off near the beginning of the movie.
__________________
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008