Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

Slayer - July 20 : Sovereign Center - Reading, PA

Long ass road trip for this one. Don't know how much longer the ol' dudes will be around, so I gladly took this trip. It was the first show of the tour w/ Rob Zombie, so I wasn't sure what the setlist would be. I think it can really make the show better when you don't know the setlist, and you're pleased w/ it. Slayer sounded great, their light and smoke show was better than usual, the crowd had good energy, and the Tom sounded FUCKING AMAZING. Had a fun time meeting up w/ a buddy from PA and pounding a few Beck's. I go to so many shows alone, it's become a treat when one of my friends comes w/ me, or I can meet up w/ a buddy from out of town. Just an overall great show, one of the top 3 Slayer shows I've been to.

World Painted Blood
Postmortem + Dittohead

Mandatory Suicide
Black Magic
Great video of Kerry King shredding that solo in Black Magic
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Great video of Kerry King shredding that solo in Black Magic
Black Magic was epic that night!

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 12-26-2011, 09:21 PM

Metallica - 30th Anniversary Night 3 : December 9 : The Fillmore - SF, CA

I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to attend 2 of the 30th Anniversary shows. Night 4 was better, but Night 3 was still amazing. The Metallica Museum was awesome, tons of cool stuff. When I get home, I will post some pics of some of the stuff. Night 3 had a solid setlist (as did all the shows), and some great guests such as Jerry Cantrell, Rob Halford, Pepper Keenan, and Glenn Danzig. I know some you elitists here will give me shit, but Metallica has the best fans in the world. I've never seen people so passionate about a band, it was a real treat to see. Unfortunately, I got busted filming, and only got the first 43 minutes, which of course were none of the rare songs! But the overall atmosphere of not just the show itself, but the pre-show parties, the Met Club gathering at Alcatraz, it was just a once in a lifetime experience and I'll never forget it!

...And Justice For All

Of Wolf And Man

03/08-Suffocation (?)
Old 12-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

Metallica - 30th Anniversary Night 3 : December 9 : The Fillmore - SF, CA

I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to attend 2 of the 30th Anniversary shows. Night 4 was better, but Night 3 was still amazing. The Metallica Museum was awesome, tons of cool stuff. When I get home, I will post some pics of some of the stuff. Night 3 had a solid setlist (as did all the shows), and some great guests such as Jerry Cantrell, Rob Halford, Pepper Keenan, and Glenn Danzig. I know some you elitists here will give me shit, but Metallica has the best fans in the world. I've never seen people so passionate about a band, it was a real treat to see. Unfortunately, I got busted filming, and only got the first 43 minutes, which of course were none of the rare songs! But the overall atmosphere of not just the show itself, but the pre-show parties, the Met Club gathering at Alcatraz, it was just a once in a lifetime experience and I'll never forget it!

...And Justice For All

Of Wolf And Man

Of Wolf and Man is proabably my favorite Black Album track! Sounds punishing live.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

Of Wolf and Man is proabably my favorite Black Album track! Sounds punishing live.
I agree, OWAM is a great tune. Probably my 2nd favorite, after The Struggle Within.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 PM
N00B

Great thread so far man. I hated In Waves at first as well, and I'm a pretty big Trivium fan. But after 5 or 6 listens, I really like it. Some great guitar work on this album by Matt and Corey.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Great thread so far man. I hated In Waves at first as well, and I'm a pretty big Trivium fan. But after 5 or 6 listens, I really like it. Some great guitar work on this album by Matt and Corey.
Thanks. Ya know, there really is some great guitar work. I guess what really kills that album for me are the arena rock-ish sections, and too many whiny, gay vocals.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
Old 12-26-2011, 10:55 PM

The Big 4: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax : September 14 - Yankee Stadium

An epic day of metal. No particular set was anything amazing, but the overall atmosphere and aura of the show really made it special. Just like Metallica's 30 Year Anniversary, there were people from all over the world at this show. Seeing all these white metalheads on the train to Yankee Stadium, . The locals were not impressed in the least!! Anthrax opened up w/ lot's of energy and got the crowd going, although thousands had yet to arrive. Megadeth was MUCH, MUCH better than they were earlier in the year at Mansfield (see earlier in thread - my worst show of the year). Dave's voice was actually listenable! Slayer was probably the best band of the night. Just as it was almost completely dark, the red lights hit the crowd and the Darkness of Christ intro starting. I get chills just thinking about it. And as was the case in Reading, Tom sounded awesome. I think how sounds as good now as he did in the late 80's. Seriously. Listen to some live recordings from the early 90's. He DEFINATELY sounds better now. Slayer killed as always. And of course, Metallica was Metallica. A long ass set as always, a decent setlist, and the fact that Yankee Stadium was fucking packed, was so awesome.

Megadeth
Sweating Bullets

Slayer
Disciple
Psychopathy Red
Angel of Death

Metallica
Creeping Death
All Nightmare Long
Enter Sandman
Overkill (w/ members from all bands)

03/08-Suffocation (?)
Old 12-27-2011, 12:29 AM

Terror : NEMHF April 15 : @ The Palladium - Worcester, MA

This is the 2nd most intense show I've been to, as far crowd movement/moshing and shit (Slayer - Poughkeepsie '07 being the 1st). The Upstairs room at The Palladium supposedly has a capacity of 500, but it seems like it would hold less than that. We went up for Trapped Under Ice, and watched like 4 rows back from the tiny ass balcony, and the place was utter chaos during their set, so we knew what to expect from Terror. We moved down to floor, and it was suffocatingly (is that a word?) tight. Once I started moshing, most dudes stopped (I'm a big guy), but one guy, I could see the fucker outta the corner o' my eye, sucker punched me right in the jaw. Then took off. Piece o shit. The place soon after was just chaos everywhere. Scott was demanding that people dive not only from the stage, but from the massive speaker hanging from the roof. A bunch of people did, then some idiot young girl, probably 18-19 did a fuckin Swanton Bomb off of it, landing CLEAR on her head, knocking herself out cold. I'mm an EMT, so I was gonna help her, but before I could by buddy picked her up and carried her out to security. Nice guy, huh?

03/08-Suffocation (?)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 PM

Metallica - 30th Anniversary Night 4 : Dec 10 @ The Fillmore - SF, CA

Another amazing night. Forgot to mention in the post about Night 3 that tickets were sold to people in 38 different countries. That's pretty fuckin cool if you ask me. Also, I have another thing to touch on in relation to Metallica fans being so passionate. This one dude behind would actually strat crying intermittently throughout the set. Never seen a male do that at a concert. This was the culmination of their Anniversary week, and the atmosphere was even more electric than Night 3. Setlist was good. I don't give a fuck what anyone here thinks, I like St Anger and was thrilled they played 2 songs from it. Was the best night of guests, too. In addition to Jason being there every night, Ozzy + Geezer Butler were there, along w/ Dave Mustaine and Ron McGoveny, and even Lloyd Grant (guy who played the solos in Hit The Lights on the original Metal Massacre compilation) played a couple songs at the end. A very, very cool way to end an amazing week of shows.

Rebel of Babylon
Dirty Window
Sabbra Cadabra w/ Geezer Butler
Whiplash w/ Jason Newsted
Jump In The Fire w/ Dave Mustaine
Hit The Lights w/ Dave Mustiane, Ron McGoveny, Lloyd Grant

03/08-Suffocation (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-28-2011 at 12:12 AM.