Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
In Waves isn't that bad. I enjoyed it to some extent. You just insulted everyone who liked it though, which is fucked up.
I had no intentions of insulting anybody that. Sorry if you found something I wrote offensive.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Good review.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
I had no intentions of insulting anybody that. Sorry if you found something I wrote offensive.
I didn't
But you basically insulted everything related to the album instead of saying why you didn't like it.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

INNNNN WAVVVESSS CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
I didn't
But you basically insulted everything related to the album instead of saying why you didn't like it.
Please, there's at least one album every year that makes each one of us do that.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

I dunno man, I really enjoyed reading that In Waves review
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
I didn't
Quote:
In Waves pretty much takes all that is bad about the current metal scene, sans the synths, and wraps it into to gargantuan shit burrito. All the songs are incredibly uninspired and they’re all just even shittier versions of shitty metalcore songs that we’ve already heave 1,000 times before.
That's why I didn't like it. It takes all of the things I don't like about the current metal scene, with the exception of synth pop, and meshes it into one record. It takes all the bad things about genres like metalcore and puts into one record.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Buahahahahaha

45) Indian Ė Guiltless
These guys sure are some noisy motherfuckers, thatís for sure. Indian make a very interesting form of sludge metal, combining heavy-as-hell-riffs with blackened vocals and lots of noise. They actually have a band member who has been assigned the duty of providing noise. And that, I think is my main gripe with this band. Not that they have a special noise dude, but their love for noise. The production is a too noisy for my tastes, and seems to come off as this faux-lo fi thing. One might think, ďA metalhead complaining about a sludge record being too noisyĒ? Damn right I am. Iím all for bands getting a colossal sound. But, loud noise =/= colossal sound. But if you enjoy yourself some angry/noisy sludge metal, Indian is the band youíre looking for.
No Grace

San Francisco doom metal band, Castle, have a sound that is not unlike some of their neighboring doom metal brethren. I know a comparison to Acid King might seem inevitable due to the fact that both bands are female fronted, but itís not my fault both bands write catchy doom metal songs featuring excellent riffs and groove. But Castle also sound like Saviours, in they way they some times speed things up a bit, and arenít afraid to get on the thrashy side of things. So, if youíre looking for a versatile doom trio who kick-ass at all speeds and tempos, Castle are for you.
Devil's Castle

43) Havok Ė Time Is Up
Havok are a good thrash metal band. While itís one of a the few thrash metal albums I listened to this year, Time is up is definitely better than most of the material nu-thrash bands have been releasing these last few years. With Time Is Up, Havok have written a good collection of thrash songs that showcase good riffs, interesting drum parts, and excellent solos. Thatís pretty much all I can say about these guys for now. I think they have the potential to become a great thrash metal band, but for now, theyíre only good.
Killing Tendencies

42) The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Bleeding The New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis In Manibus Armis)
The Project Hate make the most interesting death metal Iíve heard. For starters, their two vocalists provide quite the contrast. On one hand, youíve got punishing gutturals and on the other youíve got beautiful clean, female vocals. Musically, they combine elements of death metal, groove metal, and industrial. While Iím not a fan of the industrial, it definitely adds a creepy vibe, which Iím pretty sure is what theyíre going for. Their more metal components are awesome. They write heavy death metal with a great sense of groove. But the thing is, most of these songs stretch past the 10 minute mark, and there isnít much change going on from track to track. So, getting through this 65 minute behemoth is a little grueling if youíre not a rabid fan.
A Revelation of Desecrated Heavens

Irelandís Primordial create an interesting mix of celtic, doom, and black metal on Redemption At Puritans Hand. The album is full of lengthy songs that go through many different feelings and textures. They combine both powerful clean vocals and black metal vocals, the guitars are playing huge, full chords, and the drums keep a pounding groove throughout most of the album. On paper, this seems like a kind of music Iíd really like, but I often find myself getting bored about half way through album. Again, this is a long one, so itís not that easy to get through if you donít already love these guys. But, Primordial showcase excellent songwriting on the album, so Iíll give Ďem that.
No Grave Deep Enough
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Buahahahahaha

So is this thread only interesting when I talk shit on albums?
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:

42) The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Bleeding The New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis In Manibus Armis)
The Project Hate make the most interesting death metal Iíve heard. For starters, their two vocalists provide quite the contrast. On one hand, youíve got punishing gutturals and on the other youíve got beautiful clean, female vocals. Musically, they combine elements of death metal, groove metal, and industrial. While Iím not a fan of the industrial, it definitely adds a creepy vibe, which Iím pretty sure is what theyíre going for. Their more metal components are awesome. They write heavy death metal with a great sense of groove. But the thing is, most of these songs stretch past the 10 minute mark, and there isnít much change going on from track to track. So, getting through this 65 minute behemoth is a little grueling if youíre not a rabid fan.
A Revelation of Desecrated Heavens
@ early 40's
booooooooooooooooooooo