Supercrush
Kingdom
Stand
Jullar
----
Color Your World
The Greys
Deep Peace

*Review tonight after As I Lay Dying, which I guess is starting pretty soon. I gotta get my ass in gear.*
Old 12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
How you gonna rip it like this, son?!

Ugh, basically everything he played at the headlining show in October minus a few good ones. Yeah I don't think I'll be going to his show tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Very similar to what he did on his first headlining tour
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

Eau Claire? What venue did he play?

Also, my dad is having car problems so we gotta miss AILD. Not the end of the world since we've seen them 5 times
Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
N00B

Hey, does anyone have the 'Deliver Us' box set? I was thinking about asking for it for Christmas, but can't tell if it'd be worth the $80.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
not the mama

the Deliver Us box set IS my christmas present

Dunno if it's worth it since I don't have it yet but my mom offered to buy it so why not
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
That Guy

Uploading pictures now. The review will be with the pictures.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
That Guy

*PICS*

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9590458&type=1

* I have an epic picture of myself, Dev, and Ziltoid that will hopefully be uploaded soon, as soon as I get the picture I will post it*

Devin Townsend playing EASILY the smallest show he's done outside of the VIP acoustic shows since he got back into tour. Eau Claire is a small town. a college town, but it is small.

As you can tell by the pictures. There was no guardrail, and I was standing about 2 inches away from Dev at times. as one good friend. He was at perfect dick sucking level.

The first band that played was a local MN thrash band called Deretla. Very thrashy, almost Power Metal sound with Death style vocals. Very killer stuff. a perfect opener. and really cool guys.

the second band up was a Death Metal/Deathcore band called Mors Mortis Machinatio. Being there was a lot of breakdowns and stuff, it was hard to differentiate their sound and what was going on (That happens with some openers) but they knew how to play and they got the crowd going. The first mosh pits of the night.

Then for the 3rd time in 5 months. I saw the almighty Hevy Devy. Ryan Van Poederooyen recognized me right away in the crowd and gave me the devil horns and peace sign anytime he saw me. He's such a cool guy, It's an honor to call him a friend.

The setlist, while not varied much from the last two times of seeing them. I can't complain a bit. Hearing By Your Command for a 3rd time....WHO CARES? It fucking rocks every fucking time! Dev was at his most hilarious as well. all the random jokes, and improv banter made the night complete. He also said into the mic that he will give me a pick. Which He did as you'll see in the pictures.

THe thing with Devin is you will never get the same show twice, even if you are sick of hearing Supercrush or Life or whatever (I never will be) Dev makes up for song you've heard before with being the coolest frontman in all of Metal.

For those that have seen Dev since Deconstruction. You know that Ryan doesn't play the blasts perfectly like Dirk does in Juular (Wanna complain, try playing them yourselves once), but Ryan got the closest he has ever gotten. Those blasts in Juular are so damn hard to play. Ryan is nailing is perfectly now.

Hearing Color Your World/The greys back to back, was so fucking epic!

Between The Greys and Deep Peace. Dev jumped off stage and started jamming all over the venue. from the bathrooms to the bar back to the stage.

After the show, of course is where all the fun began. I grabbed Beavis' setlist, and Dev handed me a pick and thanked me for coming again to see them live. Once Ryan got from behind the kit, we talked for a good 10 minutes about possible upcoming songs for the next tour (COUGHSTORMCOUGH). and his new china cymbal he just got that sounds thunderous and perfect.

Once the crowds died down. I got my picture with Devin and the Ziltoid puppet I bought. That picture is so epic, once I get it back I can't wait to show it off then for the first time. I got Dev to do a station ID for me show. so now my life is complete

After everything settled down, I was invited to go party with the guys in the Devin Townsend Project 5 blocks away. I regretfully had to decline. Simply because I didn't drive to the show that night. I went with my bassist and he had to get up at 5am. But don't fret. It will happen next time. And there will be a next time....next year

Check out the pics!

Last edited by MPF; 12-07-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

If his headlining set in Toronto this Saturday is this I'll be happy.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

By chance, did he place a place called House Of Rock? I'm wondering because that's where Wishbone Ash played a few years back.

Nevermind. I found out that is in fact where he played. That's pretty cool for sure.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 12-08-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Tags
devin townsend project