Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Rats off to ya

8. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

I've grown very fond of punk over the past 2 years and these days i'd say I like it just as much as metal. What sucks is that new punk albums I like don't come out very often. David Comes To Life is probably my favorite punk album released in the past few years. This album clocks in at almost 80 minutes and though I'm not always gonna want to listen to this in one sitting the whole thing is enjoyable. I understand this is a concept album about some guy falling in love with a woman then she dies or something but I never looked in to it too much. This album definitely made me a fan and I plan to get around to checking out their other stuff. Definitely check this one out.

Recommended tracks:
Turn the Season
Serve Me Right
The Other Shoe

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 12-18-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

I really wasn't expecting to see this on anyone's list but DethMaiden's. Everything I read about it makes me really wish I could get into it...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Rats off to ya

7. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual

For the longest time I ignored this band because I thought they were a deathcore band after hearing one song that was pretty deatchore-ish. When this album came out I noticed it was getting a lot of praise and a lot of it was from people who didn't like deathcore at all so I decided to give this album a chance. After giving these guys a good listen I realized they aren't deathcore and that they're actually a damn good melo-death band. This is the best melo-death album I've heard this year and it's just what I neede after being disappointed by the likes of Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom. This is one of those albums that just blows you away the fist time you listen to it. If you're a fan of melo-death there's no reason not to love this.

Recommended tracks:
The Window
Moonlight Equilibrium
A Shrine To Madness
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I'm not a fan of TBDM, but I did give Ritual a shot earlier in the year because it got a lot of attention so I figured it was worth a spin. I found it extremely subpar. I'd say bad even, but it wasn't like unlistenable or unpleasant... just something I would have no desire to listen to more than once. I guess I just don't get it.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
8. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

I've grown very fond of punk over the past 2 years and these days i'd say I like it just as much as metal. What sucks is that new punk albums I like don't come out very often. David Comes To Life is probably my favorite punk album released in the past few years. This album clocks in at almost 80 minutes and though I'm not always gonna want to listen to this in one sitting the whole thing is enjoyable. I understand this is a concept album about some guy falling in love with a woman then she dies or something but I never looked in to it too much. This album definitely made me a fan and I plan to get around to checking out their other stuff. Definitely check this one out.

Recommended tracks:
Turn the Season
Serve Me Right
The Other Shoe

Hidden World is where you wanna go next. The Chemistry of Common Life rules, but there's flutes and prog and shit.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
7. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual

For the longest time I ignored this band because I thought they were a deathcore band after hearing one song that was pretty deatchore-ish.
Yeah I have no fucking idea what song you're talking about

Also I think I'm one of the only TBDM fans who wasn't very impressed with Ritual. Although I do agree with your 3 recommended tracks. Those 3 stood out most to me especially The Window.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-19-2011, 04:13 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
Yeah I have no fucking idea what song you're talking about

Also I think I'm one of the only TBDM fans who wasn't very impressed with Ritual. Although I do agree with your 3 recommended tracks. Those 3 stood out most to me especially The Window.
I forgot what song it was but I just remember hearing a song that sounded like deathcore. That and their shirt designs led me to believe they are deathcore.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
I forgot what song it was but I just remember hearing a song that sounded like deathcore. That and their shirt designs led me to believe they are deathcore.
Yeah, I could definitely see how somebody would think they're deathcore if they only listened to the beginning of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbZDHfMyXM and looked at their merch store. Some of those shirt designs... man.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Yeah, I could definitely see how somebody would think they're deathcore if they only listened to the beginning of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbZDHfMyXM and looked at their merch store. Some of those shirt designs... man.
Yup, that's the song I heard.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Rats off to ya

6. Red Fang - Murder the Mountains

When I first picked up this record around the time it first came out I instantly enjoyed but I honestly didn't expect it to be this high on my end of the year list. This record just got better every time I listened to it. Red Fang are heavily influenced by Mastodon and Kyuss but they are far from being rip offs. These guys have a distinct personality to them that differs from the bands they draw influence from. The more I listened my favorite track kept changing. Instantly my favorite was the lead single "Wires" but now my favorite song has got to be "Dirt Wizard". When that song kicks is my favorite moment on this album . I consider this my underdog album of the year.

Recommended tracks:
Dirt Wizard
Wires
Human Herd