Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #41  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
That too.
Did you hear the new US Christmas? I seem to remember their last one making your 2010 list?

Only an honourable mention for me, but it's still an awesome CD.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:35 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Right, let's get this rolling. Shouldn't take long. First batch is numbers 16-20. The first couple appeared in my best Doom Metal of 2011 thread. The other three are definitely not doom.

20. Orchid
Capricorn
The Church Within Records

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/orchid-capricorn/



19. Krux
III: He Who Sleeps Amongst The Stars
GMR Music

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/kru...gst-the-stars/



18. Thalamus
Subterfuge
Transubstans Records

Bluesy hard rock from Sweden very similar to The Quill in many respects. Surprisingly better than their 2008 debut Beneath A Dying Sun, it's all big, heavy, bluesy riffs, proper solos, proper choruses, low on the cliche-factor. Along with The Quill's record they make up two of the five best hard rock albums of the year. It will probably be found on outstanding US label Grooveyard Records in North America.



17. The Quill
Full Circle
Metalville

Losing Magnus Ekwall on vocals could have been disasterous, but what a choice in recruiting Magnus Arnar from Ground Mower. He's absolutely perfect for them and they've heavied up considerably, giving them a bit of a fuzzier edge but losing none of their massive riffs and chorus hooks.



16. Riotgod
Invisible Empire
Metalville

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/rio...isible-empire/

__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-04-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Did you hear the new US Christmas? I seem to remember their last one making your 2010 list?

Only an honourable mention for me, but it's still an awesome CD.
I did, and I liked it. It was better than their last full-length, in my opinion. Don't know yet where it will fall on my list, but obviously it's not in the top twenty-five (which isn't necessarily a negative for the album, since I listened to so much great stuff this year).
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I did, and I liked it. It was better than their last full-length, in my opinion. Don't know yet where it will fall on my list, but obviously it's not in the top twenty-five (which isn't necessarily a negative for the album, since I listened to so much great stuff this year).
Well no, it's not in your top 20 because it's not in any of our top 20s. See, it turns out, you're the hipster of the group. Your top 10 is the only one which contains at least one entry from each of the other four top 10s

In before you say that's because you're right
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,874
Blog Entries: 1
Ravenheart likes teh doom & many other styles of methul.

Cool.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Second batch, numbers 11-15.

15. Burden
A Hole In The Shell
Van Records

Very easy to sum up. This is what Crowbar's album should have been.



14. Arch Enemy
Khaos Legions
Century Media

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/arc...khaos-legions/



13. Artillery
My Blood
Metal Mind Productons

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/artillery-my-blood/



12. Bloodiest
Descent
Relapse Records

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/bloodiest-descent/



11. Kruk
It Will Not Come Back
Metal Mind Productions

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/kru...not-come-back/

__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Predictions on the top 10, anyone?

To help narrow it down, it consists of: 2 x prog, 1 x doom, 1 x thrash, 1 x blues, 1 x acoustic, 1 x heavy metal, 1 x rock, 2 x hard/retro rock
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Well no, it's not in your top 20 because it's not in any of our top 20s. See, it turns out, you're the hipster of the group. Your top 10 is the only one which contains at least one entry from each of the other four top 10s

In before you say that's because you're right
Any of the folowing responses will do:
  • That's because I can sniff out the gems from the garbage in each of your weak, pathetic lists.
  • That's because each of your lists contains as many as nine pieces of poop.
  • That's because I like a variety of music and not just one or two genres.
  • That's because I'm awesome.
  • That's because I'm right.
...and since when did the word "hipster" become synonymous with the word "copycat"?

Are you on drugs, son?

Oh, and one more thing...WHERE'S THAT FUCKING LIST?!?
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,816
...and I'm guessing the doom album is Funeral.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
...and I'm guessing the doom album is Funeral.
Nope, that one gets dropped because its old material.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008