King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Top 5 Live Performances Of 2011

5. Korn -- Graspop Metal Meeting -- June 24th, 2011

One thing these guys are is consistent live, this was the third time I've seen them, and it was fucking AWESOME. One of the best shows of the festival, everything from the performance to the crowd was perfect, and the setlist, man the setlist was as perfect as an hour of Korn gets these days, in my opinion. Even the dubstep tune, Get Up, sounded HUGE live.

4. Gama Bomb -- Dublin, Ireland -- May 28th, 2011

Gama bomb are one trick ponies when it comes to thrash, there is no denying it, however, I will say, put them in a tiny venue like Fibbers in Dublin, and they will tear the place apart. Boasting attendance of near 200, the place was jammed, and the pit felt it, from the second Gama Bomb took the stage, to the end of their set, the place was going nuts. I had a serious bangover from this, and it was totally worth it, if you get the chance to see Gama Bomb in a similar setting, take the chance, it won't cost much and it will be a fun evening!

3. Napalm Death -- Dublin, Ireland -- December 5th, 2011

My first time seeing Napalm Death after almost a decade of waiting, they did not disappoint! Absolutely crushing, they did what they do best, and the setlist was as good a setlist as anyone could hope for. Napalm Death are an institution of underground metal and grindcore, and after over 20 years, to still play with that level of conviction is amazing, they are a band to behold live.

2. Slipknot -- Graspop Metal Meeting -- June 26th, 2011

This year's Slipknot was very special, for obvious reasons, and this performance was intense to say the least. Slipknot are a band who have yet to struggle with remaining relevant to the current trends, and this performance proved why. Regardless of your opinion of their output, they are a force to be reckoned with live, with the antics, pyro and sound all being spot on. This was huge, and it felt huge as well.

1. Thin Lizzy -- Dublin, Ireland -- February 17th, 2011

I was as skeptical as anyone going into this show, and this band proved me wrong at every turn. They have never sounded better since Phil's unfortunate departure, and this performance was a sight for sore eyes. The sound was perfect, the atmosphere was electric, and the band were just startling. Go see Thin Lizzy right now.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:30 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

10. Deicide - To Hell With God

I realize I made a statement earlier about the Hate Eternal album versus the current Deicide and Cannibal Corpse, and I meant it. That being said, the fact this album could have been better, or was out done by Hate Eternal, in my opinion, does not stop it being a tour de force of great death metal. Deicide have needed this I think, Til Death Do Us Part was not well received, and with their European promoter dropping them because of cancelled shows, this was one of many make or break points for Deicide, and they delivered thankfully! Ralph Santolla RIPS it up on this album, and the song-writing and hooks are there that have made Deicide and institution in death metal. There is a definite thrashy edge to this record, but that only helps the intensity and aggression in my opinion, and the album feels like a good death metal record should, like a fucking jackhammer.

To Hell With God - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzVkFfni9M
Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

9. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs

I've always found it hard to describe Radiohead with any kind of decency in a review, I simply can't do the band justice. This is a great Radiohead record, with a bit more of an emphasis on the looping and synth than before, but with the typically AWESOME song-writing from the band. Just listen to the whole thing, the link is for track 1, listen to them all in order and see what I mean.

Bloom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9bMTh9rdQ
Old 12-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
9. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs

I've always found it hard to describe Radiohead with any kind of decency in a review, I simply can't do the band justice. This is a great Radiohead record, with a bit more of an emphasis on the looping and synth than before, but with the typically AWESOME song-writing from the band. Just listen to the whole thing, the link is for track 1, listen to them all in order and see what I mean.

Bloom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9bMTh9rdQ
Psychedelic artwork!

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

8. Times Of Grace - Hymn Of A Broken Man

The reunion of Jesse Leach, Adam D and Joel Stroetzel in a full time band was something I didn't care about at first because, well, the last KsE album bored me to tears, so I was starting to write off Adam and Joel's writing. This album definitely exceeded and surpassed that expectation by every means possible, and proved to be one of the best metalcore releases I have ever heard, and breathe some new life into the music style with some post-rock and ambient influences thrown into the mix. The album contains some absolute stormers, like the opener Strength In Numbers and Hope Remains, and some really somber numbers as well, like The Forgotten One, which is one of my favorite songs ever written and is in my opinion one of the best metalcore songs ever, and it all feels like a great complete package when listening from start to finish. Indeed, this is how KsE SHOULD sound now, and only goes to solidify the belief that Jesse should be back at the front of that band. It may never happen, but with this album, we can dream!

The Forgotten One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XajkCT-eFlw
Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

7. All Shall Perish - This Is Where It Ends

With deathcore sucking (sorry jdizzle!), I hadn't given these guys a chance before. Then this album came out and people liked it, so I decided, fuck it, lets see what these dudes are worth. This rules, surprisingly enough! While there are breakdowns and half tone pre-bends on the low B string galore, there's also song-writing, hooks and musicianship, and more than enough of it to tie the album together. Songs like The Past Will Haunt Us Both and The Death Plague are really memorable, in my opinion, and the guitar solos are just awesome, if a little tasteless melodically at times. Perhaps this is the start of a bright future for the deathcore trend to move onto better things in the future? Stranger things have happened!

The Past Will Haunt Us Both - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uHrViJuag
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

6. Primordial - Redemption At The Puritan's Hand

Celtic black metal at it's finest this. Priomrdial, now into their 20th year, take the newbies to school with this one. This is a powerful, powerful record, with hooks as big as they come, and Primordial proving endlessly why people still care about them. No Grave Deep Enough opens with the band on fine form, storming ahead in a way only they know how, and this only continues, with absolutely HUGE anthems like Bloodied Yet Unbowed really showing how great this band are. Forward the band marches, through songs like The Mouth Of Judas and The Black Hundred, proving time and time again these guys are an old reliable, but also capable of showing some new ideas, these songs feel exciting. The Puritan's Hand is next, before the big ending that is Death Of The Gods, this album is just awesome, with plenty to chew on for old and new fans. Great shit, lets hope the last track isn't very prolific!!

Bloodied Yet Unbowed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb92nw_FF08
Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Any predictions for my top 5? They have remained completely unchanged since the start!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:27 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Deicide + ASP - fuck yeah

07/21-Devourment (?)
07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
Old 12-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
1. Thin Lizzy -- Dublin, Ireland -- February 17th, 2011
They sucked so hard at the High Voltage Festival

9/7 Sebastian Bach
11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond