Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

2012 thread has turned into grammar Nazi's and people criticizing others habits on listening to music.

Let's get back on topic people.

Apparently Three Day's Grace had a new album and it leaked, the site I saw it on has it listed as Alt. Rock. Weren't those guys considered hard rock at one point?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 AM
We're dying on the inside

New Indesinence is tremendous. UK death/doom as it's meant to be.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Car Bombs new album is so fucking good.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Buahahahahaha

I think The Seer changed my life. It was like being in solitary confinement.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
11/06 Intronaut
Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
[lengthy diatribe filled with butthurt, misdirection and sarcasm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I just think its funny that it actually matters.
It's not about Muse. It's not about you not liking something that I like, or vice versa. It's certainly not about your fucking job (the statement I made was merely a response to your lame excuse of being too busy to have listened to the whole album).

This whole shitstorm is about one thing, and one thing only - you railed on an album, and then on the band who made the album, based on listening to a fraction of the album's content. That is lame. You should have just kept your thoughts to yourself if you didn't have all the information. That's what intelligent / mature people do.

Furthermore, it's fairly easy to tell why you gave up on this album so quickly...and that's the preconceived bias you have towards dubstep (or whatever you choose to label with that term, which clearly extends beyond what dubstep actually is). The proof of this is that you claimed that the album was filled with dubstep, when in fact it is only present to a significant degree in one song.

So like I said, you slammed something without having all the info. That's lame. If you're gonna criticize something - no matter what it is - I suggest you have some facts to back that shit up or else you're just gonna keep having limited credibility and getting flamed by people who can see through your bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Do both of you realize that you are fighting because one of you did not give the new Muse album a fair chance?
As explained above, this is not about Muse - or even musical taste in general. It's about MPF talking shit about something without having all the facts and while having a clear bias against it to begin with, so instead he should have just helped himself to a nice hot cup of shut the fuck up and went about his business. You might want to take some notes.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Muse sucks

/discussion

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I didn't think my post about Muse would lead to a huge fight like this. Carry on.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 AM
N00B

Enslaved is great as expected. I'm almost running out of stuff to look forward to this year!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
It's not about Muse. It's not about you not liking something that I like, or vice versa. It's certainly not about your fucking job (the statement I made was merely a response to your lame excuse of being too busy to have listened to the whole album).

This whole shitstorm is about one thing, and one thing only - you railed on an album, and then on the band who made the album, based on listening to a fraction of the album's content. That is lame. You should have just kept your thoughts to yourself if you didn't have all the information. That's what intelligent / mature people do.

Furthermore, it's fairly easy to tell why you gave up on this album so quickly...and that's the preconceived bias you have towards dubstep (or whatever you choose to label with that term, which clearly extends beyond what dubstep actually is). The proof of this is that you claimed that the album was filled with dubstep, when in fact it is only present to a significant degree in one song.

So like I said, you slammed something without having all the info. That's lame. If you're gonna criticize something - no matter what it is - I suggest you have some facts to back that shit up or else you're just gonna keep having limited credibility and getting flamed by people who can see through your bullshit.

As explained above, this is not about Muse - or even musical taste in general. It's about MPF talking shit about something without having all the facts and while having a clear bias against it to begin with, so instead he should have just helped himself to a nice hot cup of shut the fuck up and went about his business. You might want to take some notes.
I know its peril at this point but I checked out the second half of The 2nd Law, if nothing else just to shut you up already. Save Me is the closest thing to a good song on the album. I think a lot of that had to do with Bellamy not writing and singing on the song. Other then that. I was right in face the 2 song suite at the end was even more unbearable then what I've heard other reviews say. To my ears, its bad. If they kept up the style of Save Me, I'd say it's closer to progress in the right direction, but its still not very good to me.

There, can you be done bitching now, or are you just going to bitch about how I should have done this in the first place?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Like I've said repeatedly, it was never about Muse.

I'll be done calling you out for talking shit whenever you decide to stop doing it.