The division manager of my company went hunting with Ted Nugent

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Four graves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Their new album is more singing than screaming. Focuses more on the catchy chorus' I think.
Lame.
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Altars of Radness

The new Gojira album was disappointing. It's not really that it's bad, it's just nowhere near as good as the last two albums. There aren't any songs that come close to the awesomeness that is Backbone, Heaviest Matter in the Universe, Toxic Garbage Island, etc. I'm going to listen to it more to see if it grows on me, but as of now it's not high in my rankings like I expected it would be.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I once drank beer and got stoned with Trent Reznor at a house party before he was ever famous. Some of my friends at the time actually knew him pretty well. Does that mean I'm as cool as Brad and Cameron?
Johhny Plague gave me a ride home from a show once and my girlfriend hung out at his pad one new years and his mom made her drinks, does that count?
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 06-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Based on the advance info I read online about the album, I was expecting to feel that way, too. Luckily for me, I decided to suspend my judgement until I actually heard some of the material. Both of the songs they played on tour with Meshuggah were much better than I expected them to be. Thus, I'm relieved and hopeful for the new album at the moment.

Optimism...try it sometime.

EDIT: These aren't that great in terms of quality, but they should give you an idea. I know at least one of these songs is posted in HQ on YouTube.

March To The Sea

Take My Bones Away

EDIT2: OK, so the second one isn't great. I do like "March" a fuckload, though. It could easily have been on Blue Record.
Eh I've heard them both and I don't like either of them. I disagree that March sounds it could've been on Blue Record. Way too poppy to be on that record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
If they dropped that shitty clean singing they'd be pretty good. Their guitarists are pretty good and write some decent riffs. Without the clean singing they'd probably sound a bit like August Burns Red.
I agree. Their screaming vocals aren't bad either and they have some talent, but the vagcore clean vocals kill the whole thing.

Note: Vagcore is a term I use to describe bands that use the incredibly whiney clean vocals that 13 year old girls tend to worship (i.e We Came As Romans, A Skylit Drive, Like Moths to Flames).
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

HOLY SHIT!!! Everyone needs to check out Soen - Cognitive! It sounds like Tool! Well a softer Tool, like mixing Tool with the softer Opeth songs...
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots

Last edited by christopher; 06-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Bringer of Darkness

OK after listening to it a couple of times this week, twice today being to most recent. I have to say the new Baroness is terrific, blows The Hunter and Spiral Shadow completely out of the water. Reason I'm comparing it those is all three were southern sludge bands that went a more accesible route wheater it was intentional or not. I really do believe in Baroness's case thats it wasn't, you could liken it almost to Opeth and Heritage. It's just the record John needed to make at this moment, and while it definetly is not metal it's 100% Baroness. The yellow half of the album is easily the best part and worth attention alone. All tracks on it are solid and flow really great together. I love how they seemingly blend all of these different genres and eras of rock together and still have that Baroness edge. Like on Little Things which sounds alot like something Killing Joke or The Cure could have done. Or Sea Lungs that has that 90s alternative grunge feel. Cocainium sounds like something from the mind of Josh Homme and Eula is Floyddian all the way. The green half is where the album drags though and seems to get really bloated. Most of it is either folkish style stuff or indie experimental crap. Save for a couple cool songs like Board Up The House or The Line Between that sound like Torche could have written them. It gets a great rating from me though just for Yellow and the stuff I dig on Green. I will right a in depth review in a couple of days when I get all of my opinions on it down. Which I will post here but for now I thought Id share my thoughts.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
OK after listening to it a couple of times this week, twice today being to most recent. I have to say the new Baroness is terrific, blows The Hunter and Spiral Shadow completely out of the water. Reason I'm comparing it those is all three were southern sludge bands that went a more accesible route wheater it was intentional or not. I really do believe in Baroness's case thats it wasn't, you could liken it almost to Opeth and Heritage. It's just the record John needed to make at this moment, and while it definetly is not metal it's 100% Baroness. The yellow half of the album is easily the best part and worth attention alone. All tracks on it are solid and flow really great together. I love how they seemingly blend all of these different genres and eras of rock together and still have that Baroness edge. Like on Little Things which sounds alot like something Killing Joke or The Cure could have done. Or Sea Lungs that has that 90s alternative grunge feel. Cocainium sounds like something from the mind of Josh Homme and Eula is Floyddian all the way. The green half is where the album drags though and seems to get really bloated. Most of it is either folkish style stuff or indie experimental crap. Save for a couple cool songs like Board Up The House or The Line Between that sound like Torche could have written them. It gets a great rating from me though just for Yellow and the stuff I dig on Green. I will right a in depth review in a couple of days when I get all of my opinions on it down. Which I will post here but for now I thought Id share my thoughts.
This is a milestone: This is the first time I've ever read a really positive review and it pretty much confirms my thoughts that the album is garbage. Experimental folk and songs that sound like The Cure on a Baroness album
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
This is a milestone: This is the first time I've ever read a really positive review and it pretty much confirms my thoughts that the album is garbage. Experimental folk and songs that sound like The Cure on a Baroness album
Really this is the only positive thing you've read on Yellow & Green? All I've seen so far are mixed to positive. With the majority being somewhat positive. I think if you came across this as not coming from the same band you might enjoy it. Seems like you're judging it to hard on their other albums. From what you post I know you enjoy some good rock and this is exactly what this is. Beats radio shit by fucking miles.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Buahahahahaha

That mini-review has me excited for the new Baroness. I doubt I'll like it as much as Red or Blue, but I think Baroness has the ability to experiment with genres like alt rock, indie, and folk and still make it feel like Baroness. Thought I was initially disappointed by the first two released tracks, I will admit I am digging them now. Which brings up the question are March and Bones on Yellow, Green or one on each?