Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
DJENT band PERIPHERY makes a new song clip that sounds like DJENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7bfUTZBuYlU

Attention: Periphery is making a new song that sounds like Periphery. Rejoice. New album soon, too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,644
Blog Entries: 19
>they play a clip
>the clip is literally just one big breakdown with no changes

why do people like this band again
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
DJENT IS NOT A DJENRE
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
>they play a clip
>the clip is literally just one big breakdown with no changes

why do people like this band again
It sounds exactly like Meshuggah!

I don't like Meshuggah, though.

*flameshield*
*doesn't really work*
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:25 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,644
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
It sounds exactly like Meshuggah!

I don't like Meshuggah, though.

*flameshield*
*doesn't really work*
I don't either.

In fact, every song I've heard of theirs is really repetitive, boring, and basically one big breakdown as well.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I don't either.

In fact, every song I've heard of theirs is really repetitive, boring, and basically one big breakdown as well.
Finally, someone gets it.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,236
The one time I actually put up a metaphorical flameshield, people agree with me! What is this
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Seventhzealot's Avatar
Seventhzealot Seventhzealot is offline
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,771
I've never cared much for Meshuggah or any of the djent bands either.
__________________
A Broken Plane
A Broken Dream
A Broken Heart
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,690
This whole thread is just a gigantic fail.

They played one riff. WOW, that's something to really bitch and make ironic posts about.

It's not even just this thread. I like Periphery, and don't care that anyone makes fun of them. but this place has just gotten really shitty in the last 3 months. What the fuck is going on? seriously?

It would be too easy to blame Magson for this, but there's been others just like him, getting banned, some not banned, just making this place fucking annoying.

The stupid shit is going to stop eventually right?
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:01 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,644
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
This whole thread is just a gigantic fail.

They played one riff. WOW, that's something to really bitch and make ironic posts about.

It's not even just this thread. I like Periphery, and don't care that anyone makes fun of them. but this place has just gotten really shitty in the last 3 months. What the fuck is going on? seriously?

It would be too easy to blame Magson for this, but there's been others just like him, getting banned, some not banned, just making this place fucking annoying.

The stupid shit is going to stop eventually right?
I actually wasn't being ironic.

The clip they played was dumb, because it was one riff repeated and was one big breakdown. I understand that's not the whole song, but I've listened to them before. That's pretty much all djent is to me.

I'm not trolling. Please show me where I'm trolling.

If you can't handle legitimate criticism of a band you like, then stop going on the internet.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008