Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > The Starving Musician

Old 12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Yeah, it worked out pretty well. I manually lined up your solo tracks to the song, but I think they sound mostly in phase with the rest of the song. In a perfect world I would've made it out to Pennsylvania to track your solo directly into Pro Tools, but either way, it's awesome you contributed. I think the song really deserved an epic solo, and you delivered!
Thanks! It was honestly a lot of fun to do it. I love writing and recording solos - I especially love when I can contribute to something someone else wrote. I'm so used to being the driving creative force behind everything that I forget how much I enjoy it. It's great to just get to add something to something where someone else is putting the hard work and believes in you.

Also, for any curious parties, in addition to what I already mentioned:
I played an Epiphone Les Paul Studio with original pickups and Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

That's bitchin'! I love creating songs like that, me and my buddies do it all the time, just writing and recording nearly on the spot just for the fun. I have a solo EP on its way, hopefully early next year, and its being done through Reaper with a Line 6 Pod 2.0, basic, but efficient set up. Maiden33, have you tried Reaper? Its the free, older brother of Audacity!

Anyways, I won't clog this thread up with discussion away from the song, as it deserves to be heard! Great job again!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Damn. Not really a fan of this type of music, but this is really cool. Or maybe I am a fan of this genre after all...?

Vocals are so awesome, solo very impressive.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Damn. Not really a fan of this type of music, but this is really cool. Or maybe I am a fan of this genre after all...?

Vocals are so awesome, solo very impressive.
Thanks.

A few of you have mentioned it's not your style/genre. I'm curious, what genre would you consider it/what bands would you compare it to? I'm genuinely curious
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Thanks.

A few of you have mentioned it's not your style/genre. I'm curious, what genre would you consider it/what bands would you compare it to? I'm genuinely curious
Would you call this progressive metal, perhaps with a hint of traditional metal?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 AM
In Search of Truth

To me this is basically Traditional/Progressive metal, but the vocals do give it this sort of slight gothic overtone to it.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Would you call this progressive metal, perhaps with a hint of traditional metal?
Yeah, that's probably what I'd consider it. I wasn't sure if that's what others would consider it though, especially since I assumed (maybe that's the problem) that people here generally like traditional metal

I like the "gothic overtone" comment

I wasn't sure whether the vocals fit the idea of traditional metal or not. I wish I had a version with my buddy using his real singing voice. He sings opera, but he was deliberately trying to suppress some of that style when he sang on this song.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
especially since I assumed (maybe that's the problem) that people here generally like traditional metal .
Yeah, at this point that's probably an incorrect assumption, haha.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

I also don't usually post on this stuff, believing in Thumper's words, but this is really really good. I've found myself listening to this twice, which is a lot for a random internet song, if you will. This actually sounds different from most stuff now-in-days, and the voice is certainly a part. The key changes work great with the song, and it all ends up flowing quite nicely. Very catchy indeed. Good luck with continuing the project (if those are your plans).
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I also don't usually post on this stuff, believing in Thumper's words, but this is really really good. I've found myself listening to this twice, which is a lot for a random internet song, if you will. This actually sounds different from most stuff now-in-days, and the voice is certainly a part. The key changes work great with the song, and it all ends up flowing quite nicely. Very catchy indeed. Good luck with continuing the project (if those are your plans).
Wow, thanks. I'm glad you like it! Since people are enjoying the song I'm hoping we will do more music like this in the future, but who knows