Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
If they were smart they would have jumped on that Anthrax tour like originally planned
Reading your posts makes my head hurt.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Reading your posts makes my head hurt.
Id love to know what's so bad about an Anthrax/Testament/Overkill/Death Angel tour

For one it'd be a lot bigger venues than the ones they keep headlining every year, you know, playing to the exact same crowd year in year out
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Altars of Radness

Could you please tell me where I stated that would be a bad tour? You clearly misinterpreted my post. I was alluding to your ignorance, not that the tour would be bad. Overkill has taken that time to write their next album, if you were unaware. They had conflicting plans, it's not like they just decided to cancel because they wanted to do their own tour. And FYI, Overkill is playing at the same venue Anthrax did on their LA date, so do you really think they needed to be on that tour in the first place? Anthrax isn't nearly as popular as they were in the late '80s and early '90s, so it's not like it was going to open them up to a giant new fan base; it was a classic thrash tour for classic thrash fans.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
They don't sell enough tickets. I like Overkill but its true.
Fine, so put together a package that makes sense.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Overkill is playing at the same venue Anthrax did on their LA date, so do you really think they needed to be on that tour in the first place? Anthrax isn't nearly as popular as they were in the late '80s and early '90s, so it's not like it was going to open them up to a giant new fan base; it was a classic thrash tour for classic thrash fans.
Also true here. Anthrax are here in March and are playing the same venue Overkill has headlined the last three years running.

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Also true here. Anthrax are here in March and are playing the same venue Overkill has headlined the last three years running.
Well here they aren't even coming around this time after in recent years not being able to fill up a venue less than a quarter of the size of the once Anthrax just played

And if they were working on a new record that tour would have introduced them to new fans who would then buy the album when it was released. Instead of just retreading the same territory over and over.
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 12-04-2011, 12:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Fine, so put together a package that makes sense.
Which is exactly what the Anthrax/Testament tour would have been.
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 12-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Well no, the Anthrax tour situation would only make sense to Anthrax, not to Overkill. Overkill will make more money headlining the same territories than they will playing third fiddle on the Anthrax tour. Playing bigger venues is basically irrelevant if you're not seeing the financial return for it, which they won't be. That money is going to Anthrax and Testament.

And reaching new fans doesn't enter into either. You and I both know people don't watch the first two bands, no matter who it is, unless they're already fans. And if Overkill don't have many fans in those areas, that isn't going to change by being on early in the evening.

Their decision to not be on the Anthrax tour still makes the most sense for them. I don't see how Death Angel benefit from this tour either.

However, putting together a Killfest bill of bands who don't suit it is just silly. Here the Killfest bill had three thrash bands on it, including Destruction. The sensible thing to do was to bring someone like Kreator over on a co-headline and take out someone like Havok as the opener. Or bring over bands US fans don't get to see too often. Gama Bomb (who suck), Suicidal Angels, Angelus Apatrida, Korzus, someone like that.

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
N00B

Quote:
Well no, the Anthrax tour situation would only make sense to Anthrax, not to Overkill. Overkill will make more money headlining the same territories than they will playing third fiddle on the Anthrax tour. Playing bigger venues is basically irrelevant if you're not seeing the financial return for it, which they won't be. That money is going to Anthrax and Testament.

And reaching new fans doesn't enter into either. You and I both know people don't watch the first two bands, no matter who it is, unless they're already fans. And if Overkill don't have many fans in those areas, that isn't going to change by being on early in the evening.

Their decision to not be on the Anthrax tour still makes the most sense for them. I don't see how Death Angel benefit from this tour either.

However, putting together a Killfest bill of bands who don't suit it is just silly. Here the Killfest bill had three thrash bands on it, including Destruction. The sensible thing to do was to bring someone like Kreator over on a co-headline and take out someone like Havok as the opener. Or bring over bands US fans don't get to see too often. Gama Bomb (who suck), Suicidal Angels, Angelus Apatrida, Korzus, someone like that.

It benefitted Death Angel because they were playing to bigger crowds who actually might not know them. And I completely disagree with the comment about not watching the first couple bands unless I know them. More often then not I'm at the venue early and am obviously seeing who is on first. In the past I have been turned on to bands through seeing them open for other bigger names. That and any of those bands mentioned wouldn't be enough of a draw. Hell Exodus and Kreator did a coheadliner here a few years back and the venue was GIVING tickets away.
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour

Last edited by Steev; 12-04-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

The only way I wouldn't watch every band is if I know that I wouldn't like one of the openers.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores