Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

I'm glad that all of the EPs from my list made it on yours
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhzealot View Post
I'm glad that all of the EPs from my list made it on yours

The only EP I heard that I didn't like was Adrenaline Mob, so I figured I might as well throw it in as well. But yeah, every other EP I definitely dig. Hopefully you'll find some Gems in there as well that you haven't heard yet.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
That Guy

Just noticed this got knocked off the first page....the fuck?

I guess I might as well skip the local bands and just save that for my facebook page and go straight for the Top 20 (ALL of these albums will be represented on my Top 20 of 2011 show that will air New Years Day)

I'm going to do this....20-16, 15-11, 10- 6 and finally 5-1.

20.) Anthrax- Worship Music
I will be the first guy here to always say Bush>>>Belladonna. I got into Anthrax during the Bush years, John Bush is my my kinda singer and We've Come For You All is their best album (haters gonna hate) That said. Belladonna and Anthrax in general stepped up their game on this one. I was fully expecting this one to go over like Chinese Democracy because of all the controversy surrounding it. I was happily mistaken. Killer thrash and Hard Rock are fully represented on this one. And I dare say one of the best Thrash Albums of 2011.

19.) Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Terror And Everything After
One of the red-headed step children albums on this list, and it very well deserves to be in my top 20. These guys cover everything there is in Rock music, from Alternative to Hard Rock, to Folk Rock and everything in between. No two songs sound the same and overall...it's just a kickass Rock album. Metal purists, even you will admire the musicianship that goes in this album. It's too good to ignore just because it's not tr00 and kvlt.

18.) Primordial- Redemption at The Puritian's Hand

Having only discovered these guys this year. I'm pissed at myself for not finding out about them earlier. Primordial is the perfect Irish Folk Metal/Black Metal band. Mostly Blind Guardian style clean vocals with the occasional Black Metal backups or screams in verses. The music....HOLY FUCK....IT IS EPIC! If you love true evil heavy metal, this album is for you. I will give anything for Primordial to tour in 2012.....ANYTHING!

17.) Devin Townsend- Ghost

Devin Townsend is my musical god for a reason. He can be pure fucking metal, a prog Metal icon, a fake Punk, or in this case a folk Rock master. THose tht know me will be shocked to see Ghost this low in my top 20. THe biggest Reason being. I love this album to death, but Unless I need some meditation or a peaceful break/sleep. I can't listen to this album all the time. It's too peaceful to enjoy over and over again. As a Rock/Metal fan, peaceful music calms me down and it's great to sleep too (I mean that in a very good way) but for Ghost it proves that Devin can play anything he sets to mind to, and god damn, he created his second most beautiful album to date (Nothing tops Terria....ever!)

16.) Pagan's Mind- Heavenly Ecstasy
Pagan's mind is always going to be in one of these two categories: 1.) better then Dream Theater or 2.) Worse then Dream Theater. It's undeniable. There is a lot of similarities. DT will forever be my favorite band, but Pagan's Mind....it's idiotic to ignore these guys. They have the perfect Progressive Power Metal touch. On Par with Symphony X and a fuckload better then Circus Maximus. Eyes of Fire is one of my favorite songs of 2011 for a reason...just listen to this masterpiece of a song, and you'll understand why. It hit me like a ton of bricks and does to this day.

COMING UP NEXT TIME.....15-11!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post

20.) Anthrax- Worship Music
I will be the first guy here to always say Bush>>>Belladonna. I got into Anthrax during the Bush years, John Bush is my my kinda singer and We've Come For You All is their best album (haters gonna hate) That said. Belladonna and Anthrax in general stepped up their game on this one. I was fully expecting this one to go over like Chinese Democracy because of all the controversy surrounding it. I was happily mistaken. Killer thrash and Hard Rock are fully represented on this one. And I dare say one of the best Thrash Albums of 2011.
I like that Anthrax album, and number 20 is probably about where it should be, but if that's a thrash album, I have a two-foot dick.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:44 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
16.) Pagan's Mind- Heavenly Ecstasy
Pagan's mind is always going to be in one of these two categories: 1.) better then Dream Theater or 2.) Worse then Dream Theater. It's undeniable. There is a lot of similarities. DT will forever be my favorite band, but Pagan's Mind....it's idiotic to ignore these guys. They have the perfect Progressive Power Metal touch. On Par with Symphony X and a fuckload better then Circus Maximus. Eyes of Fire is one of my favorite songs of 2011 for a reason...just listen to this masterpiece of a song, and you'll understand why. It hit me like a ton of bricks and does to this day.[/b]
I have to disagree about Circus Maximus - I don't think Pagan's Mind have ever put out an album as great as Isolate. I love Pagan's Mind a lot, obviously - but this comment about CM distresses me a little, haha.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I like that Anthrax album, and number 20 is probably about where it should be, but if that's a thrash album, I have a two-foot dick.
The ladies must love you.

But how is this NOT a Thrash album? Just because a couple songs AREN'T Thrash?. I never said it was a pure Thrash album, even in the review I said it was Hard Rock as well. Which some songs are Hard Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have to disagree about Circus Maximus - I don't think Pagan's Mind have ever put out an album as great as Isolate. I love Pagan's Mind a lot, obviously - but this comment about CM distresses me a little, haha.
I've never gotten into Circus Maximus. I tried. I tried a lot. But I can't get over their DT Ripoffs to enjoy anything else about them. I have both CM albums and anytime I try to get into either album. I have to switch it off after a song or tow....I just can't do it.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
This. It isn't a thrash album in the least.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 12-18-2011, 01:21 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
This. It isn't a thrash album in the least.
Read above
Old 12-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Read above
I read it. I'm saying you're wrong

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 12-18-2011, 01:24 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I read it. I'm saying you're wrong
I'm wrong in saying that it's a Thrash/Hard Rock album? Oh you.