Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
Cheapest tickets are $60 before ticketbastard fees.

No thanks.
Well this is typical for Tool, but it brings up a good point. I look at this tour or whatever it is this way:

Either they'll be playing new stuff, or they won't. If they don't, then they'll probably be playing a set that's a hell of a lot like what I've seen them do before, with a few possible exceptions, but still. Not sure I'm all that interested in that.

If they DO play new stuff, I won't have heard it before and won't be sure how to react to it. By definition, Tool makes the kind of music that's good to be able to digest first before seeing it live so that it can be fully enjoyed.

So either way, I'm now thinking that I'd rather wait until they're officially on tour for the new album and see them then. The only thing is, they likely won't have IntrOnaut with them at that time. Luckily for me, I've seen IntrOnaut live before, but still - any opportunity to see them again is one I'd rather not miss.

So basically what I'm saying after all that explanation is that I'd be OK with missing this if it weren't for IntrOnaut. Weird.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 12-18-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I already came about this everywhere on facebook but yeah HOLY FUCK IM FINALLY SEEING TOOL! I really hope they play for like 2 hours at least

And with Intronaut opening
Intronaut's opening?!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Intronaut's opening?!
Yes, read the damn thread!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Yes, read the damn thread!

Man, I can't wait to see where this next year of touring takes them. I haven't seen them yet, but at this point I'd probably rather hear new stuff live. I got into Tool right when 10,000 days came out, and they were the first real "heavy" band I got into past Metallica or Slipknot. I guess seeing them live means a lot to me, so I'd pay up a ton to get on the floor. If they come to Chicago soon, that is.

Also: what do you guys think the new stuff is gonna sound like?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:49 AM
N00B

Quote:

Man, I can't wait to see where this next year of touring takes them. I haven't seen them yet, but at this point I'd probably rather hear new stuff live. I got into Tool right when 10,000 days came out, and they were the first real "heavy" band I got into past Metallica or Slipknot. I guess seeing them live means a lot to me, so I'd pay up a ton to get on the floor. If they come to Chicago soon, that is.

It's gonna sound like Tool.

Also same for me. They were one of the first metal bands I fell in love with and I have yet to see them live.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:

You do not want to be on the floor. Let me repeat that - you DO NOT want to be on the floor. Tool use the entire stage - and in fact, the entire arena - to convey the sensory overload that is a Tool show. If you're at floor level, you're going to miss a lot. Plus, being close to the band members doesn't mean much with this band, as they're actually not that emotive on stage (save Maynard, but only some of the time). The only exception I could see is if you were a drummer and wanted to witness Danny doing his thing up close.

Otherwise, a Tool show is definitely better appreciated a reasonable distance from the stage. If they play an arena, get a seat that's just slightly up off the floor. Nosebleeds are crappy, yes, but being a little way up off the floor gives you a better view, and the sound is likely to be better, too.

Trust me on this one. Do not get floor tickets. You'd be wasting your money.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
You do not want to be on the floor. Let me repeat that - you DO NOT want to be on the floor. Tool use the entire stage - and in fact, the entire arena - to convey the sensory overload that is a Tool show. If you're at floor level, you're going to miss a lot. Plus, being close to the band members doesn't mean much with this band, as they're actually not that emotive on stage (save Maynard, but only some of the time). The only exception I could see is if you were a drummer and wanted to witness Danny doing his thing up close.

Otherwise, a Tool show is definitely better appreciated a reasonable distance from the stage. If they play an arena, get a seat that's just slightly up off the floor. Nosebleeds are crappy, yes, but being a little way up off the floor gives you a better view, and the sound is likely to be better, too.

Man, I would die to be up close and see Danny doing his things, seeing as I'm a drummer. I mean I've already met Maynard, so I don't really need to be up close to him I was thinking the same thing though. I had the problem with the Roger Waters tour, I got floor and while it was awesome being up close, it was a pain in the ass to see everything. So I will probably take your word for it. Thanks for the advice, even if it was towards JD
Old 12-18-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

Duly noted. Thanks for the solid advice, as always, Nat.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:06 PM
not the mama

yeah I think I'm gonna sell my floor ticket to some tool and use the money to buy a great seat. I already did the floor Tool experience at a festival and it really wasn't as great as it could've been.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:31 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
yeah I think I'm gonna sell my floor ticket to some tool and use the money to buy a great seat. I already did the floor Tool experience at a festival and it really wasn't as great as it could've been.
I've always found it kinda funny how diehard Tool fans are tools