Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 AM
In Search of Truth

#21:
Presto Ballet - Invisible Places

I admit that even though this is this band's 3rd or 4th album, I actually hadn't really heard them before. However I knew the band consisted of founding Metal Church guitarist Kurt Vanderhoof and last vocalist Ronnie Munroe - who I had never really cared for in Metal Church, which is probably why I hesitated at first. Big mistake. This band does an outstanding job with the whole 70's prog rock sound, really reminiscent of Kansas and Yes at times. If it weren't for the production, you could fool me into thinking this came out in 1976. I usually don't care too much for the whole neo-prog thing, but this band really does it for me, and every song on this disc is very enjoyable.
Featured Track: "Between the Lines"
Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 AM
In Search of Truth

#20:
Anthrax - Worship Music

Hopefully this will get some conversation going on in this thread. As much as I really love this album, I want to get one thing out of the way - I don't really consider this a "comeback" album. I'm in the extreme minority who actually really enjoyed We've Come for You All and John Bush in Anthrax for the most part. Thus I'm not in the group of people who act like the band haven't put out a good album in 20 years. The only way I consider this a comeback album is in the sense that it's been 8 years since the last record. I also genuinely believe that this album would've worked just as well with John Bush on vocals, especially songs like "The Devil You Know". All in all it's just a pretty fantastic record with only one or two small low points. Even though I do like Bush-Anthrax, it's my favorite thing they've done since Sound of White Noise, and one of the better records they've done, period. Also, I've been singing the praises of Rob Caggiano for years, I'm happy to see him finally get some respect with this album.
Featured Song; "The Devil you Know"
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Concert Veteran

Worship Music is close to the top of my list for album of the year. I agree with what you said about though. Joey does a good job with it but the album was certainly written for John Bush to sing on. In fact there's some songs on here like the first three, The Giant, The Constant and Revloution Screams where I think "this song kicks ass but it would be even better if Bush sang on them". That's not a knock against Joey's performance it's just the album wasn't written for his voice.

Still, it's a great album but the next one they do, or should I say if they do another one with Joey, I think it will be more like the old Belladonna albums since he'll be with them from the strat of the whole process. But I still believe that Bush is the singer that Scott and Charlie really want to be fronting Anthrax.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 12-12-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I like the Bush era too but I love this album and I'm glad Joey is the one fronting them now.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
#20:
Anthrax - Worship Music

Hopefully this will get some conversation going on in this thread. As much as I really love this album, I want to get one thing out of the way - I don't really consider this a "comeback" album. I'm in the extreme minority who actually really enjoyed We've Come for You All and John Bush in Anthrax for the most part. Thus I'm not in the group of people who act like the band haven't put out a good album in 20 years. The only way I consider this a comeback album is in the sense that it's been 8 years since the last record. I also genuinely believe that this album would've worked just as well with John Bush on vocals, especially songs like "The Devil You Know". All in all it's just a pretty fantastic record with only one or two small low points. Even though I do like Bush-Anthrax, it's my favorite thing they've done since Sound of White Noise, and one of the better records they've done, period. Also, I've been singing the praises of Rob Caggiano for years, I'm happy to see him finally get some respect with this album.
Featured Song; "The Devil you Know"
I liked all the albums in between too. But this is still better than all of them. Right now it's my favourite Anthrax record and I think it's going to make my top 5 for the year.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I liked all the albums in between too. But this is still better than all of them. Right now it's my favourite Anthrax record and I think it's going to make my top 5 for the year.
I don't think that's a crazy thought at all. Honestly I'd say it's my 3rd or 4th favorite Anthrax record, easily.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't think that's a crazy thought at all. Honestly I'd say it's my 3rd or 4th favorite Anthrax record, easily.
Totally agree. Also, probably the highest rated release from any of the big 4 for the last 5 years for me.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
In Search of Truth

#19:
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events

This was probably one of the most anticipated albums of 2011 in the large Prog metal circle. In 2010 Dream Theater parted ways with co-founder and seemingly eternal drummer Mike Portnoy, which raised some serious questions about their future. Not only was Portnoy unarguably one of the best drummer's in the world, but people were very curious how much of the writing was his. People like myself had an optimistic outlook, as I had long-thought that Portnoy was the source of most of the influence in the band I did not care for - and I have to say this album makes me feel very vindicated. Outside of the surprisingly bad "Build Me Up, Break Me Down", this is a great record, filled with all the hallmarks that make Dream Theater a great band. Sometimes the songs are a little less outstanding than they should be, but ultimately this album restored my faith in the band to shed some of their negative influence and attempt to get back to just writing great Progressive Metal in the style of their old stuff. I'm pretty comfortable saying this is my favorite post-Scenes From a Memory Dream Theater album, and if not, it definitely wins my vote for the most consistent.
Featured Track: "Bridges in the Sky"
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Rats off to ya

I like Sound of White Noise more then Worship Music and WCFYA isn't far behind.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Concert Veteran

The new Anthrax is my fourth favorite album from them. POT, STD and ATL will always be the top three though. Worship Music just edges out SOWN and WCFYA and I like both of those a lot to.

Dream Theater's new one is in my top five of the year. In fact i'm wondering how it got ranked so low on your list and i'm interested in seeing the other albums you got over it. The album is easily their best work since Six Degrees.