Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
08 Mr. Big - What If?

I've never been a huge Mr. Big fan, always more of a casual admirer because of the talent within the band - I've loved some of their songs, but most of the albums on the whole are underwhelming. This comeback album still isn't a perfect 10, but I genuinely feel it may be the best complete record they've ever made, as the grand majority of the tracks are very enjoyable. I'd say there's still a few fillers, but the bottom line is that "Undertow" and "I Won't Get in My Way" are two of my most-played songs of 2011, hands-down.
Featured Track: "I Won't Get in My Way"
Scrolling quickly + that album cover = me thinking there's a band calling Mr. Pig.

That's my only contribution to this thread
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
In Search of Truth

#24:
Saxon - Call to Arms

After 32 years, Saxon are soldiering on about as strong and consistently as ever. They've done better, but it's still everything that makes a solid Saxon album. The band went for a slightly more "retro" feel, returning to their late 70s/early 80s British metal roots, as opposed to the more European, modern approach of some of their more recent stuff. There's a dud track or two (I'm looking at you, "Chasing the Bullet"), but overall it's another damn solid Saxon album, proving why they are one of metal's most enduring and unsung bands.
Featured Track:
"Mists of Avalon"
Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 AM
In Search of Truth

#23:
Charred Walls of the Damned - Cold Winds on Timeless Days

CWotD's debut album showed some promise, but ultimately didn't exactly blow my mind. I felt like if they corrected a few things about it, they would have a great project - and I have to say that most of those things have been fixed. The songs here seem a bit more well-composed and memorable than the majority of what's on their self-titled debut. The style is still basically tech-death with Tim Owens singing instead of having harsh vocals. Outstanding playing, and some really strong and surprisingly melodic songs. My biggest complaint is that the album just feels too long - it should have been 10 tracks instead of 12.
Featured Track: "Zero Span"
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Cool artwork.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-09-2011, 10:43 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

I have heard other projects Tim Owens has done and they are not that good IMO. His vocals are still good but I feel he did his best vocal performances with Judas Priest and Iced Earth, Framming Armaggedon(Iced Earth) being the best. Doubt he will top that again.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
In Search of Truth

I really didn't care for his solo album outside of 1 or 2 songs, didn't care for Beyond Fear at all, and think the 2nd album he did with Yngwie blows. But the first one is solid, and Charred Walls of the Damned is definitely good stuff, worth checking out.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

I like Scream Machine from Beyond fear, that's what I want to hear from Tim Ownes, but the rest of the album wasn't like that song.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
#24:
Saxon - Call to Arms

After 32 years, Saxon are soldiering on about as strong and consistently as ever. They've done better, but it's still everything that makes a solid Saxon album. The band went for a slightly more "retro" feel, returning to their late 70s/early 80s British metal roots, as opposed to the more European, modern approach of some of their more recent stuff. There's a dud track or two (I'm looking at you, "Chasing the Bullet"), but overall it's another damn solid Saxon album, proving why they are one of metal's most enduring and unsung bands.
Featured Track:
"Mists of Avalon"
Cool song and even better solo. Gotta check this out STAT
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Cool song and even better solo. Gotta check this out STAT
Coincidentally I saw Saxon play down in Baltimore, MD (near you) this past October. It was an outstanding show (as always from them) and they played that song.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Coincidentally I saw Saxon play down in Baltimore, MD (near you) this past October. It was an outstanding show (as always from them) and they played that song.
Yeah I missed that show due to that night being a big party night of some sort. Halloween maybe? I remember being out and thinking how much more fun i'd be having seeing Saxon for the 1st time in 15 or so years.
1/28 - Machine Head