Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 11-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

DCMETAL108's Top 15 Of 2011 (+2 EP's!)

There aren't huge reasons for every cd as I don't feel like writing them as I've reviewed half these cds already.

Also the layout is much better and theres pictures on my site.
http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2011...5-cds-of-2011/

Man this list was hard to make. This year alone I've heard at least 120 cd's that were released this year alone across all genre's. Now not everyone is metal and there are some ones missing but this is made up of my choices and sure the list could change but I feel quite good with this list. Sure there will be some ones that will make people freak and / or question my musical tastes but oh well!

Top Albums Of 2011

15. Scurrilous - Protest The Hero

To start off is Protest The Hero. This album continues with their weird songs. Quite catchy but still very weird.

14. Until I Feel Nothing - Carnifex

Anyone that knows me knows that I like Carnifex and while their newest album is really good and by far the best and heaviest it does get over too quickly.

13. Home School Valedictorian - Adelitas Way

Quite a odd thing that I band that I never heard of until half way through the year made it here. Would I normally listen to this, no, but my dad is a huge fan of them and overtime I've grown to like it. Sure its softer on cd but still good radio rock.

12. HiLion - Big Chocolate

DUBSTEP! This is catchy and fun live. But really this cd shows that he has skill and its really just fun to listen to.

11. Instinct - As Blood Runs Black

This is by far my favorite ABRB cd. Its full of tight songs and good breakdowns. Resist might be my favorite breakdown song of the year too.

10. My Damnation - Chelsea Grin

This cd surprised me. Not having been a huge fan of their previous work they really turned it up this cd. Sure after a while its all the song but its good job and shows they can improve their stuff.

9. Disguises - Aiden

This is not metal at. Still its an EXTREMELY good alt-post metal-rock (insert various genres) cd. Every song is catchy and it'll make you listen to it over and over.

8. Worship Music - Anthrax

No surprise here really. Their newest cd is full of headbanging songs that we all have known from Anthrax.

7. Against The World - Winds Of Plague

WINDS OF PLAGUE! WINDS OF PLAGUE! This cd is addictive. They have some of the catchiest songs and while it may not be insane music or complicated its a fun cd with alot of great songs.

6. Balls Out - Steel Panther

I knew this would be awsome. Every song is great and they have a great way of making original songs with funny over the top lyrics work.

5. This Is Where It Ends - All Shall Perish

ASP new cd just starts off brutal and doesn't let go. Full of BDM like songs with breakdowns that aren't bad its one insane cd.

4. The Human Romance - Darkest Hour

This is my surprise of the year. Listened to Darkest Hour before and never thought twice and then heard this cd and wow. Words can't describe how good this cd and how it shows that a band can really change.

3. Dead Throne - The Devil Wears Prada

From the opening beats of Dead Throne you can tell DWP has changed. Here we get a much heavier, angrier sound that has matured alot. Its a great turn and the songs sound amazing live.

2. The Hymns Of A Broken Man - Times Of Grace

Featuring members of KSE this is great mix of softer and heavier songs. Most are overly catchy while remaining thoughtful. Has the nice KSE sound to it and remains to be a good album.

1. Ritual - The Black Dahlia Murder

My favorite band ever. Enough said.

Top EP's.

1. Abominable - Kingdom Of Giants

Really good new metalcore style up and coming bands. Has the mix of heavy with amazing clean vocals.

2. Recorrupted EP - Whitechapel

Actually this is alot better than expected. The new song and the cover are good and the remixes and acoustic are well done.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

No comment.

Is that better?

But seriously man, since you're fairly new on this site no one's going to come outright and say "that list sucks." That's probably why nobody's commented.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Yeah, I'll cut you some slack.

But I will say I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed Ritual.
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

'Worship Music' will be on my list too. Loved it.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
...no one's going to come outright and say "that list sucks."
I was thinking about it, but now I can't - thanks to you.

So I'll just say this: not enough variety and way too much deathcore.

Plus, you shot your whole load in just one post. You've got to learn how to work that shit a little bit, man.

On second thought, considering the content of the list, I'm glad you got it over with quickly.

...but on a positive note, I spent last weekend in your fair city and it fucking rocks balls (as always). Dinner on Friday was at Gino's East on Wells St., and lunch was at Al's right across the street. Wednesday night was an awesome show at the SubT (that's still waiting for a review by yours truly ). Fucking hell, I love the Windy City.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Buahahahahaha

It upsets me Scurrilous is the lowest album on the list. ;-;
12/07 Pallbearer
12/19 Lil B 'The Based God'
Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
It upsets me Scurrilous is the lowest album on the list. ;-;
WOP, ABRB, and Chelsea Grin are all higher than it too! ;___;
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I was thinking about it, but now I can't - thanks to you.

So I'll just say this: not enough variety and way too much deathcore.

Plus, you shot your whole load in just one post. You've got to learn how to work that shit a little bit, man.

On second thought, considering the content of the list, I'm glad you got it over with quickly.

...but on a positive note, I spent last weekend in your fair city and it fucking rocks balls (as always). Dinner on Friday was at Gino's East on Wells St., and lunch was at Al's right across the street. Wednesday night was an awesome show at the SubT (that's still waiting for a review by yours truly ). Fucking hell, I love the Windy City.
Did you have deep dish from Ginos? And yea Al's is fucking great too. Never been to the SubT yet but next time your up here tell me. Theres some cool spots you should check out.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Did you have deep dish from Ginos? And yea Al's is fucking great too. Never been to the SubT yet but next time your up here tell me. Theres some cool spots you should check out.
I used to live in Northwest Indiana (aka Hoosier Hell) for a couple of years - that's where my wife and I met. Her family is still there, so we make the road trip every couple of months for visits. In the last few years I've seen bands such as Meshuggah, Cynic, Arch Enemy, Exodus, Giant Squid, Grayceon...and of course Yakuza and the other bands on last week's bill. I've been to many of the music venues (both metal and otherwise) in town, and a shitload of the restaurants - Chicago has such awesome food, it's fucking disgusting - but I could always use some more tips from the local crowd.

Oh, and I've been to several of the more metal-oriented record stores in town, too. The place above Reggie's comes to mind, as well as Reckless of course, and a few other joints - mainly on the north side.

AND FUCK YES OF COURSE I HAD DEEP DISH AT GINO'S
Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
That Guy

Some albums are making me go What The Fuck? but overall cool list.

I'm actually going to see Protest The Hero tonight. If I can snag a setlist I'll post it.