Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014

Old 11-24-2011, 04:31 AM
N00B

Judas Priest -- Lowell, MA -- November 20th, 2011

So this show was amazing. Lady Starlight was the guest DJ, although the dance moves she performed during the songs were dumb, she did pick some good tunes, Fast as a shark, couple of motorhead tunes, etc.

There have been some mixed reviews for Thin Lizzy on this tour, I'll take the side that they kicked ass. The crowd however wasn't really into them, I think I saw maybe 4-5 people in my section actually head bang/sing along, during the first few songs. The later in the set it got the more people started to get into them, especially after Ricky Warick told everyone to stand up. They had a basic stage setup, with a light up banner that lit up different colors during the set. The band was really tight and blasted through the set list:
Are You Ready
Waiting For An Alibi
Jailbreak
Massacre
Emerald
Killer On The Loose
Rosalie/Cowgirl's Song
Black Rose
Cowboy Song
The Boys Are Back In Town

After Thin Lizzy got off stage a giant Black Label Society banner came down in front of the stage, I can honestly say more of the crowd were excited about the banner then they were for the first couple of Thin Lizzy songs. BLS were great, I've always wanted to see them live but always missed out. The band was great, and the crowd loved every minute of it, except for the 10 minute guitar solo. I think it was during fire it up that beach balls were thrown out into the audience, other then that it was a basic stage set up, with the SRNTS banner in the background.
Crazy Horse
Funeral Bell
Bleed for Me
Suicide Messiah
Overlord
Parade of the Dead
Fire it Up
Guitar Solo
Godspeed Hell Bound
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

After Black Label finished the Epitaph banner came down, and it was time for the Priest. As soon as War Pigs hit the PA my friend and I had the adrenaline hit us hard, and as soon as the lights went down and the crowd went ballistic. The Priest were absolutely phenomenal, Rob was perfect, and Ritchie played K.K's parts perfectly. For the next couple of hours their was tons of pyro, costume changes, background movies and album cover banners, lasers, the motorcycle, everything you would expect at a Priest show.
Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Heading Out to the Highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never Satisfied
Diamonds & Rust
Dawn Of Creation/Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
Beyond the Realms of Death
The Sentinel
Blood Red Skies
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
Breaking the Law
Painkiller
Encore:
The Hellion/Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Living After Midnight

Ratings:
Thin Lizzy: 9/10
Black Label: 8.5/10
Judas Priest:10/10
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 11-24-2011, 05:09 AM
N00B

I've been reading alot of reviews of this tour and the crowd giving it up for BLS and not TL makes no sense to me. What BLS songs get played on the radio? How is a Judas Priest audience (Which, in American, is middle-age nostalgia seekers) even aware of them?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
I've been reading alot of reviews of this tour and the crowd giving it up for BLS and not TL makes no sense to me. What BLS songs get played on the radio? How is a Judas Priest audience (Which, in American, is middle-age nostalgia seekers) even aware of them?
One word, Ozzfest

A lot of old heads got into BLS after the bands several stints on that tour
Mayhem
Kiss/Def Leppard
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
How is a Judas Priest audience (Which, in American, is middle-age nostalgia seekers) even aware of them?
My guess is it has something to do with Zakk playing guitar with Ozzy for so many years. That will get you noticed in the music world. Ozzy and Priest for the most part have the same kind of fans. BLS's fanbase grew out of the one Ozzy had already built for himself. Let's not forget how many times BLS has opened for Ozzy and been on Ozzfest and the number of other major national tours they've played on. BLS has had way more national exposure because of that. That's how they've gained such a following even though they've never had any hits, unless you wanna count "Stillborn" as one.

Sure, Lizzy had two big radio hits 30 something years ago but nobody really remembers them too well since the band pretty much ended when Phil died. They haven't done enough in recent years to keep or expand their North American fanbase. At least the current incarnation of Lizzy is trying to do something about that and getting the music out there again. But they're pretty much like a sports franchise in a rebuilding stage right now.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

I agree with the OP... Except that based on earlier posts, I decided to enjoy the performance of another beer at a local pub rather than Thin Lizzy!

As for Zakk's solo.... oh man... every time I see BLS that thing gets a little longer and a little more pointless!

Here's my pics from the show:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d03645a184

Last edited by toolfansat; 11-25-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
I agree with the OP... Except that based on earlier posts, I decided to enjoy the performance of another beer at a local pub rather than Thin Lizzy!

As for Zakk's solo.... oh man... every time I see BLS that thing gets a little longer and a little more pointless!

Here's my pics from the show:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d03645a184
He's a very good guitarist, but it IS very pointless.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16

Tags
black label society, judas priest, thin lizzy