Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

New SOULFLY Album Due Early 2012

Quote:
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.

Commented Ryan: "It's an honor to receive a call from someone you had pictures of on your wall as a kid asking you to be on a new album of theirs. I literally had a picture of Max [Cavalera, SOULFLY mainman] and Gloria [Max's wife and manager] holding [Gloria's son] Richie in her arms that I ripped out of a copy of Metal Maniacs on my wall when I was 15 or 16. Now they're asking for my artistic hand in one of their creations; [it] just doesn't get much more surreal than that. Very honored and the song is very 'death metal-ish' and completely crushes. Happy to be a part of it!"

The producer of SOULFLY's new album, Chris "Zeuss" Harris (HATEBREED, SHADOWS FALL, THE RED CHORD) stated about Travis' contribution, "The vocals fucking rule!!!! Fits the song perfect… Very refreshing for me to hear these days."

SOULFLY's new CD was recorded at a Phoenix, Arizona studio and will feature an additional guest appearance by DEVILDRIVER/COAL CHAMBER frontman Dez Fafara. The follow-up to 2010's "Omen" was described by SOULFLY's new drummer, David Kinkade (BORKNAGAR, ARSIS, MALEVOLENT CREATION), as "crushing, fast thrash, blasting, tribal and fueled by extreme burrito fury. . . The record is sounding fucking SICK. Thrashy as fuck... totally 'Arise' [referring to SEPULTURA's classic 1991 album] on crack and speed."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=166247
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.
I just think I died a little....Why would Max ever consider this?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I just think I died a little....Why would Max ever consider this?
He just did a tour with Otep, at that point I stopped understanding his mindset
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Wasn't this announced over a week ago?

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
#Controversial

This should be good. Omen was killer

The Oceano thing is gay but thankfully they got someone awesome instead
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit.

But I do love me some good ol' "Schizophrenia" or "Beneath the Remains"
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit.

But I do love me some good ol' "Schizophrenia" or "Beneath the Remains"
Your name and your statement is such a paradox. My mind is going to explode.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Your name and your statement is such a paradox. My mind is going to explode.
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-20-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
That Guy

Quote:
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.
Sounds like every married couple I know. You can't blame him for that. Although she is the Yoko Ono/Sharon Osborne of Death/Thrash/Groove Metal.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
I understand wanting to meet someone really bad and when you do you have a bad experience. I'm lucky I've never ran into that personally but I know it happens. Its tough bc it does sound bad but I've found it unfair to label someone w/o knowing them. Idk. I've always tried to keep perspective when meeting someone. I know they are more public figures & its part of the job and everyone has bad nights. Just my 2 cents.