Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

  #1  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
New SOULFLY Album Due Early 2012

Quote:
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.

Commented Ryan: "It's an honor to receive a call from someone you had pictures of on your wall as a kid asking you to be on a new album of theirs. I literally had a picture of Max [Cavalera, SOULFLY mainman] and Gloria [Max's wife and manager] holding [Gloria's son] Richie in her arms that I ripped out of a copy of Metal Maniacs on my wall when I was 15 or 16. Now they're asking for my artistic hand in one of their creations; [it] just doesn't get much more surreal than that. Very honored and the song is very 'death metal-ish' and completely crushes. Happy to be a part of it!"

The producer of SOULFLY's new album, Chris "Zeuss" Harris (HATEBREED, SHADOWS FALL, THE RED CHORD) stated about Travis' contribution, "The vocals fucking rule!!!! Fits the song perfect… Very refreshing for me to hear these days."

SOULFLY's new CD was recorded at a Phoenix, Arizona studio and will feature an additional guest appearance by DEVILDRIVER/COAL CHAMBER frontman Dez Fafara. The follow-up to 2010's "Omen" was described by SOULFLY's new drummer, David Kinkade (BORKNAGAR, ARSIS, MALEVOLENT CREATION), as "crushing, fast thrash, blasting, tribal and fueled by extreme burrito fury. . . The record is sounding fucking SICK. Thrashy as fuck... totally 'Arise' [referring to SEPULTURA's classic 1991 album] on crack and speed."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=166247
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.
I just think I died a little....Why would Max ever consider this?
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I just think I died a little....Why would Max ever consider this?
He just did a tour with Otep, at that point I stopped understanding his mindset
__________________
Fishbone
It Dies Today
Boysetsfire
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,315
Wasn't this announced over a week ago?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
metallicbrian666's Avatar
metallicbrian666 metallicbrian666 is offline
#Controversial
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 852
This should be good. Omen was killer

The Oceano thing is gay but thankfully they got someone awesome instead
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,535
Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit.

But I do love me some good ol' "Schizophrenia" or "Beneath the Remains"
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit.

But I do love me some good ol' "Schizophrenia" or "Beneath the Remains"
Your name and your statement is such a paradox. My mind is going to explode.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Your name and your statement is such a paradox. My mind is going to explode.
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-20-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.
Sounds like every married couple I know. You can't blame him for that. Although she is the Yoko Ono/Sharon Osborne of Death/Thrash/Groove Metal.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.
I understand wanting to meet someone really bad and when you do you have a bad experience. I'm lucky I've never ran into that personally but I know it happens. Its tough bc it does sound bad but I've found it unfair to label someone w/o knowing them. Idk. I've always tried to keep perspective when meeting someone. I know they are more public figures & its part of the job and everyone has bad nights. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008