Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 AM
welp

One thing I could hope for from this is that he'd play some SYL... Not holding my breath though.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
One thing I could hope for from this is that he'd play some SYL... Not holding my breath though.
He said it's an accumulation of his ENTIRE career so that should mean there's gonna be SYL songs.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
He said it's an accumulation of his ENTIRE career so that should mean there's gonna be SYL songs.
I'm assuming he's doing at least a couple.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
That Guy

To make things even better. Devin is coming back to my neck of the woods December 6th (2 and a half weeks) to Eau Claire , WI

https://www.facebook.com/events/263624753689262/

December 6th is going to be one of the worst days of my life, but will be one of the best nights of my life.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 PM
N00B

He'll have to come back to Atlanta sometime, right? RIIIGHT?! Enjoy the show, this guy never disappoints.

As for the Slappy comparison: Book covers > TV show. The TV show Slappy was only creepy because of his voice. The version from the book covers is creepy aesthetically. Good lord, how I miss Goosebumps...
Old 11-20-2011, 06:40 PM
That Guy

I know this isn't for the London show, but if anyone wants to hear my work. I was asked to make a promo spot for the Eau Claire, Wisconsin show December 6th.

Check it out and see how good/shitty I do at making commercials

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/dev...end-commercial
Old 11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I know this isn't for the London show, but if anyone wants to hear my work. I was asked to make a promo spot for the Eau Claire, Wisconsin show December 6th.

Check it out and see how good/shitty I do at making commercials

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/dev...end-commercial
It's pretty good dude, aside from that shitty edit where you (or whoever did the voiceover) say "All the awesome metal". But overall not bad. I'd probably have a part where you had just the music playing (just a short clip with some of Devy's vox) and no voiceover. I liked how you put the "OMFG" intro at the end haha.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
It's pretty good dude, aside from that shitty edit where you (or whoever did the voiceover) say "All the awesome metal". But overall not bad. I'd probably have a part where you had just the music playing (just a short clip with some of Devy's vox) and no voiceover. I liked how you put the "OMFG" intro at the end haha.
That was all me.

I totally forgot to add that I fixed it up for the real version. I fixed that part up right after I heard it. I put up this version and have the official one fixed up for FM play. I guess for some reason I can't put the FM version up even thought I made it.

The only reason I didn't add any Dev singing music clips is because I had to get all of that said in the commercial, and keep it under a minute. 2 seconds of Dev singing is too much of a cock tease to enjoy. haha

I put in the Ziltoid and OMFG parts in myself. I thought they would make the commercial a lot more fun to listen to.

But thanks for checking it out.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 AM
That Guy

Updated Tour Poster for the rest of 2011. The band, Today I Caught The Plague has been added to the bill:

Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Renowned multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, producer and now ringleader, Devin Townsend is gearing up for one of his biggest accomplishments to date: The Retinal Circus. Set to take place on October 27 at London, England's historic Roundhouse venue, this one-night-only event will be recorded for both DVD and Blu-ray, likely to be released sometime in the second quarter of 2013 via InsideOut Music.

The Retinal Circus has been sold out for over a year now; however, fans worldwide can still watch this event live online, thanks to Northern Music Company and InsideOut Music in association with Live Music Stage.

To watch Devin Townsend's The Retinal Circus online, go to this location to purchase your tickets (tickets can be bought now for 7.99, which is roughly $13 and 10; PayPal and all major credit cards are taken). Then on October 27 at 7 p.m. GMT (8 p.m. CET / 2 p.m. EST / 11 a.m. PST / 2 a.m. Perth / 3 a.m. Tokyo / 5 a.m. Melbourne time), head back over to the same location, log in with your ticket number and watch the folly unfold.

Devin describes The Retinal Circus as "a retrospective of my career in music to date, with the central theme being a metaphor of how life and the adventures therein are a 'circus' of sorts. The show involves a cast of characters and guests that support this theme through carnival type performances. A story about how a troubled young man dreams of fantastic scenarios, (illustrated through the music of my back catalogue), which ultimately crests in the characters realization that life is all about the relationships we have with each other. This is the first opportunity I have been given to make theatrical representations of my music."

This three-hour-plus performance will include:

* A retrospective of Devin Townsend's entire career
* Full choir and theatrical cast
* Visual and aural enhancements unlike any show Devin has done to date
* Several special guests
* Circus and carnival performances and cast
* Art exhibit of Devin's albums, including explanations of each album
If I wind up not going to Napalm Death i'll tune in to the stream. $13 is kind of a rip off but I really want to see this.