Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014
Norma Jean -- Lansing, MI -- August 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Anthrax -- Buffalo, NY -- November 15th, 2011

An otherwise uneventful Tuesday yielded yet another stacked thrash show at the Town Ballroom. A lively crowd and some balls out metal made for a great night. All three bands were in top form and a huge, raging pit swirled throughout much of Anthrax, consuming most of the floor a few times. Near the end of the show they did the first few verses of I'm The Man complete with Joey on drums.... I was loving every minute of it. Next up is Judas Priest tonight so my aching back is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Damn I wish every week could be like this

Earth On Hell
Fight Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In The End
Got The Time
NFL
------------
Among The Living
Madhouse
Metal Thrashing Mad
I'm The Man/Refuse Resist tease
I Am The Law
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar

Last edited by HackedUpForBBQ; 11-16-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 AM
N00B

I wish every week could be like that too!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Review time

I'm not familiar with Death Angel's stuff but they did a good job of getting the crowd going and everyone there was appreciative of their performance. They only did about 6 or 7 songs so i'm guessing they played the same set they've been doing this tour. Really good pit during the last song.

Testaments set was the same it's been all tour except that they added in Practice What You Preach after Envy Life. They did a very good job and most of the crowd was into them. The Pursecuted Won't Forget totally killed live and there was a good pit going during it. The same with most of the older stuff, especially Over The Wall and Into The Pit. I like that Chuck's mic stand with the blue and red lights on it. It looked like a mini lightsaber and since i'm a Star Wars nerd I thought it was cool. Musically they were right on and Chuck sounded great.

So after 21 years of being a fan I finally got to Anthrax with Joey. Their performance was nothing short of phenomenal. People were into the new stuff and singing along with it which i'm always happy to see. The pit during CIAM and the wardance in Indians were among the best i've ever seen at a show. The reaction to the all the old stuff they did was unbelieveable. Antisocial got the weakest reaction of the older material but it's still a fun song to sing along to. From the new album Fight Em and In The End got the best responses from the crowd.

Joey sounded great, almost near perfect. He was running around the stage jumping up and down on the moniters in front and the steps leading up to Charlie's drum kit. He helped get the crowd going and he really put a ton of energy into his performance. It kinda makes you wonder why they got rid of him in the first place. I still say that Scott and Charlie are idiots but what do I know One funny thing is every time Joey went to stand up on the moniters in front he could never seem to keep his blance for more than a few seconds before going back down. He was singing too good for him to be drunk so he must have some equillibrium problems of some kind The rest of the band played great to, Frank and Scott had a ton of energy as always and were into it. John Petrucci Jr.... oh, wait I mean Rob Caggiano was like a statue most of the time and showed very little enthusiasm during the show. I guess when you have Joey, Frank and Scott he doesn't really need to do much but play anyways.

The reaction to Among The Living was just about the best of the night. The crowd was absolutely insane for it. Which makes me wonder why the hell isn't the song a staple? It just doesn't make sense to me. It was funny when they started I'm The Man and they tried to get the crowd to sing it but it died off right around the first chorus because hardly anybody was singing along with it. Personally, I haven't heard that song in almost 20 years and don't even remember how most of it goes. After the show last night I guess i'm not the only one who doesn't care about that shitty song.

Scott gave a little intro before Metal Thrashing Mad. He pointed to a few people in the crowd and said "this song is older than you and you" Then he pointed to another guy and said "this song isn't older than you. For that to happen it would have to be from Judas Priest" Which got a lot of laughs from the crowd.

Scott's Priest referrence reminds me that i'm doing the same as the OP here and seing them in Rochester tonight. Honestly, I don't remember ever having two shows back to back like this in my concert going years. Anthrax is back and in top form, so hopefully they continue with this lineup until they decide to retire. After last night's show and the success they've regained with Joey coming back and Worship Music it would be fuckin moronic to try and change it again.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-16-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
After the show last night I guess i'm not the only one who doesn't care about that shitty song.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
N00B

Good reviews... Joey was unbelievable.. Probably the best frontman still going today! Awesome that he gave a shout out to RJD and played Long Live Rock 'n' Roll over the PA as they tore down...

Anthrax should NEVER be without Joey again..
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
somebody somewhere

Sucks I missed this tour when it was out here. Priest, Anthrax, and Primus all played the same night in my area. I have only seen Anthrax with Dan Nelson when they opened for Maiden.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
Good reviews... Joey was unbelievable.. Probably the best frontman still going today! Awesome that he gave a shout out to RJD and played Long Live Rock 'n' Roll over the PA as they tore down...

Anthrax should NEVER be without Joey again..
Ya, he is an amazing frontman, but I wouldn't say he's THE best still going. He definitely ranks up there with Bruce Dickinson, Brian Johnson, Rob Halford and of course he he was still alive, RJD.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Sorry but unless you're in high school or haven't grown up at least a little bit since then, I don't understand how you can think I'm The Man is funny or a good song in any way. Sure, it was funny back when I first heard it 20 something years ago but after a handful of listens it's not anything special at all. Plus, if i'm going to see Anthrax I want to hear fuckin metal and not that garbage. Thankfully, the audience felt the same way as the sing along died a quick death.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Sorry but unless you're in high school or haven't grown up at least a little bit since then, I don't understand how you can think I'm The Man is funny or a good song in any way. Sure, it was funny back when I first heard it 20 something years ago but after a handful of listens it's not anything special at all. Plus, if i'm going to see Anthrax I want to hear fuckin metal and not that garbage. Thankfully, the audience felt the same way as the sing along died a quick death.
Well I am still in high school but it appears you have a stick up your ass. When I saw them most of the crowd was excited to hear the song and sang along to it. There's nothing wrong with a little humor in music.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
There's nothing wrong with a little humor in music.
No there isn't. That's what we have Weird Al Yankovic for

Tags
anthrax, death angel, testament