Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger -- Chicago, IL -- November 13th, 2011

Okay so for anyone that doesn't know Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger are the keyboardist and guitarist of "The Doors"!

So this was at The Congress theater and arrived there at around 530 or so with doors opening at 630 and show at 8. There were already around 150 people or so in line I'd guess. Although they opened doors early! Yes House Of Blues please take note of that! So we made it up to second row behind the rail. Super close and we picked Ray's side to be on (amazing choice). Also I'd feel safe saying that place was PACKED! Close to sell out at least.

Also no opener! This was one of the shows where its so amazing that you don't need one. Although they did come on at 8:20 and after standing there all that time we were getting antsy.

Setlist :

Roadhouse Blues
Break On Through/She Get High/Dead Cats, Dead Rats
Strange Days
Crystal Ship
Changeling
Waiting for the Sun
Soft Parade
Backdoor Man (with Rick Manzarek on guitar)
Crawling King Snake
Not To Touch the Earth
Touch Me
Five to One
L.A. Woman

Encore:
Light My Fire

First off, wow was this show loud! I mean like not only the loudest band I've seen but the crowd was insane. Everyone was singing so loud it almost overpowered the band. And the band was amazing. Their new singer sounds almost dead on like Jim and their drummer is actually quite good. Also they had a guy from stage crew do symbols and bongos for a few songs well the drummer was going at it. Quite awesome.

Onto the main guys : Ray and Robby. Both were insane. Ray is a monster on keys and had some awesome crowd participation. A bit of a foul mouth though that I didn't expect. Plus he's from Chicago so we got a call out. Robby is also pretty crazy on guitar and its even crazier that he doesn't use a pick. Although he had like spotted clown pants on.

Also they extended a few of the songs most noticeably their encore : Light My Fire. That song alone was 15 minutes that I recorded and had to keep still. Everyone had a solo during it plus they all kinda danced around the stage with various instruments and had a good time. It was amazing to see some of those songs played.

Also one of the coolest parts was my dad standing behind me singing having the time of his life. He never thought he'd get to see guys from his one of his favorite bands ever so that was also awsome.

So overall they played for about 2 hours and I must say if they come near you GO SEE THEM! I had alot more fun that expected.

I have tons of videos and pictures which I plan on uploading later.

UPDATE :

I put this review up on my site with some great pictures so check it out!

http://dcmetal108.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/174/

Last edited by dcmetal108; 11-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned Asshole

They used to come here once or twice a year, but the past couple years, nothing.... I've been waiting to see them on their return here, but of course, no
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 AM
N00B

I saw them 10 days ago in Philly and they were great. My only complaint was that they only played 13 songs. (They played 19 songs when I saw them last year.) They did mix up the songs though, so that was nice.

That's awesome that they played Crawling King Snake, I would love to hear that live.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

I mean it lasted two hours and at their age they had tons of energy onstage.

Tags
ray manzarek and robby krieger