Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Altars of Radness

The Acacia Strain -- Anaheim, CA -- November 11th, 2011

After seeing Terror in October I really wanted to see them again, so I planned to catch one of their shows with The Acacia Strain at Chain Reaction. When I got to the venue I noticed a sign at the box office that said the show was sold out. I walked inside while Harm's Way was playing and the place was already packed. They were pretty good, but I was only able to catch the last couple songs of their set. After them was Stray from the Path, a band I really don't care for. It seemed like most of the crowd didn't care for them either. The vocalist asked for people to move up three times and nobody did.

Next was the band I came for, Terror. I got a spot at the front of the stage and waited while they did their soundcheck. I noticed one of the guitarists was playing the riff from "Redneck Stomp" by Obituary. After a little bit they were ready and Scott came out from backstage as their intro started. People were already stagediving before they had started playing. They went into "Stick Tight" and from then on it was endless stagedives. At almost any point in the set there were multiple people diving at the same time. Vogelisms weren't even necessary, as the crowd kept up the energy the entire set. After one of the songs Scott stopped to say that they've been playing at Chain Reaction for nine years and that this was one of the best shows they've played there. The song choices were great and of course they sounded incredible. During "Keepers of the Faith" I got the mic and screamed the chorus before jumping back into the crowd. Despite the fact that they played a headlining length set, I wanted more. You can never get enough Terror.
  1. Stick Tight
  2. One with the Underdogs
  3. Push it Away
  4. Out of My Face
  5. Overcome
  6. Your Enemies are Mine
  7. Betrayer
  8. Lowest of the Low
  9. Always the Hard Way
  10. You're Caught
  11. Spit My Rage
  12. Keep Your Mouth Shut
  13. Keepers of the Faith

I was pretty drained after that, so I just stayed on the side for The Acacia Strain. I wasn't expecting much from them. I had already seen them twice earlier this year and was not too impressed. Vincent just doesn't hold up live. He doesn't bother to pronounce any of the lyrics, so it all sounds slurred together. Even during the songs I knew the lyrics to I couldn't understand him. With that aside, the rest of the band sounded good and they did play a good selection of songs. During one of the songs there was a fight in the pit and security threw a guy out. A bunch of people followed the guy outside, probably to continue the fight, but I didn't go and look. After they finished "Carbomb" the crowd chanted for another song and they came back and played "Skynet". It seems like they don't play it often, so that was a nice surprise. Even though they're mediocre live I did still enjoy their set. All in all it was a fun show, but I feel like seeing The Acacia Strain after Terror was anticlimactic.
  1. Dr. Doom
  2. Whoa! Shut it Down
  3. See You Next Tuesday
  4. The Hills Have Eyes
  5. Beast
  6. Brown Noise
  7. Ramirez
  8. 4x4
  9. Passing the Pencil Test
  10. Balboa Towers
  11. The Impaler
  12. JFC
  13. Carbomb
    ---
  14. Skynet
Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

You miss most of Harms Way but see all of acacia!?
10/23-Raven/Night Demon?
10/31-King Diamond
Old 11-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

This was tonight? FUCK!!!! My friend and I were talking about going and forget when it was
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
I like Acacia, but backed! I can't wait to see Harms Way.

Dude. DUDE. Dude. I would kill to see Terror play Chain Reaction. I think it's fair to say that's the heart of the best hardcore scene in the world right now, with probably the premeir hardcore venue. Sounds incredible. Can't wait to see the youtube vids of this.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:36 AM

I was gonna go to this but don't know why I didn't end up going. Not a fan of the bands but sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. My friend went to this though. He said it was pretty crazy and that he stage dived a lot. He's black and I don't know if there were many other black people at the show so maybe you saw him
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Hey you missed ALL of Harm's Way. But yeah, I was disappointed that they were already playing when I got there.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
This was tonight? FUCK!!!! My friend and I were talking about going and forget when it was
They're playing again tonight! And when I looked last night they still had tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Dude. DUDE. Dude. I would kill to see Terror play Chain Reaction. I think it's fair to say that's the heart of the best hardcore scene in the world right now, with probably the premeir hardcore venue. Sounds incredible. Can't wait to see the youtube vids of this.
Move here my friend. I also noticed Madball is playing at Chain next month!

Tags
terror, the acacia strain