Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

I guess I'm more of the inverse of the complaints in that I'm waiting for my favorites to show up but in a just world you have to wait til the end to see them. So it's a "necessary evil" of impaitience.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

27. Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)

Group: Digable Planets
Artist: Butterfly, Doodle Bug, Mecca the Lady Bug
Recorded: 1992-1993
Released: 1993
Ablum Title: Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)

Digable planets is a very jazzy, groovy, soulfull and very laid back hip hop album that was released in 1993. These 3 jazz cats are so groovy and laidback that it would be a crime to label these guys anything else. A lot of people are probably familiar with "Return of the Slick" which was the single of this album(and its appeared on some video games as well). Just like a tribe called quest, these guys were all about anti-violence, just grooving out to the funk of it and chillin with your peepz down the underground. Lady Buggs chillax flow with Butterfly and Doodle buggs grooved out lyrics keeps you boggin your head beat after beat as they groove out to some of the most jazziest and laid back tunes since this side of "alternative hip hop". They talk about a wide arrange of things from the groovyness and coolness that they were born with on the classic "Rebirth of the Slick", abortions "La Femme Fatel", Comparring herb with classic Funk music on the classic "Nickel Bag", ect. Also the beats on this album a very very HEAVILY Sample based, almost everything on this album sounds like it came from a Kool in the gang record. Great hip hop record and definitely one of the most grooviest most laid back rap albums to come out of "Alternative hip hop".

Good To Be here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OgtXynwTEg

Rebirth of the Slick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTXogy3WepM

Jimmy Diggin' Cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRaTyccRt5E

@JRA. Your favorite hip hop albums happen to also be some of my favorite hip hop albums too. 2 OF THOSE ALBUMS played a huge important role for me during my early teen years when I was living in the Middle East(Tehran/Iran). INFACT, Since I started out as a member on this board back in october, me and you have had many random conversations on these two albums(last time I checked, one of those records happens to be your favorite hip hop album of all time...it also happens to be one of mine as well good sir) But meh Will get into those messy rants once those albums appear on the list
Speaking of which...If it wasn't for these two records, Chances are I would have never gotten into real hip hop. and more importantly, it was INFACT THESE TWO ALBUMS that exapanded my horizens and showed me a new path, a new door to open and check out....these two albums by themselves opened the door and showed me that there is something out there and its called real hip hop....And i have to thank these two albums Immensely because if it wasn't for these album I wouldn't be the hip hop/metal head fanatic that I am today.....but like i said...will get into those albums later...

anyways, INB4 "IMMADBECAUSEMYFAVORITEALBUMDIDN'TMAKEITONTHEL IST"
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-21-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

^ Oh fuck yes. I used to own that schmoove-ass record. Shitchyeah.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
^ Oh fuck yes. I used to own that schmoove-ass record. Shitchyeah.
REALLY? You of all people? Never really pictured you to be into this type of stuff. Good stuff man. It's cool seeing other people such as yourself that actually dig this music(especially seeing how you're an old timer that has seen some of the greatest metal bands of all time and more importantly, you got to see them in their prime!). so, for that I give you a
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Still don't get why people like this guy.
Try living a few hours away from & going to shows in Kansas City. They dude is treated like the 2nd coming. If Manks actually read this thread he'd agree.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Try living a few hours away from & going to shows in Kansas City. They dude is treated like the 2nd coming. If Manks actually read this thread he'd agree.
I don't know how many douchey white kids there are in Kansas City, but here in Phoenix you can pretty much find all of them at the Tech N9ne show when he's in town. Despite the fact that he's a fantastic performer, you'll never find me at another Tech show just because of all the douchey, degenerate fucking white kids.

I don't really listen to him anymore anyway, that was a bit of a phase for me. Once in a while I'll play it just for the nostalgia, it brings back memories of lots of great parties and drunken nights with friends. Fuckin' Caribou Lou!
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 AM

26. The INFAMOUS

Group: Mobb Deep
Members: Prodigy and Havoc
Produced:Havoc, Q-Tip
Recorded: 1994-1995
released: 1995
Album: The Infamous

"The Infamous is the second studio album by the American hip hop duo Mobb Deep, released on April 25, 1995, on Loud Records. The album features guest appearances by Nas, Wu-Tang Clan members Raekwon and Ghostface Killah, A Tribe Called Quest member Q-Tip, and close Mobb Deep affiliate Big Noyd. Embedded with hyper-visual lyricism, dark soundscapes, gritty narratives, and hard beats, it marked Mobb Deep's transition from a relatively unknown rap duo to an influential and commercially successful one.

The album's haunting style, defined by its evocative melodies, rugged beats, and lyrics dealing with crime and poverty in inner-city neighborhoods reflected the dark side of New York's urban landscape in a manner that receiveed special recognition and critical praise. Along with albums such as Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Illmatic and Ready to Die, The Infamous is widely credited as a major contributor to the East Coast Renaissance. Furthermore, the album is credited with helping to redefine the sound of hardcore hip-hop, using its production style, which incorporated eerie piano loops, distorted synthesizers, eighth-note hi-hats, and sparse bass lines"

meh I'm pretty lazy from work... dont really feel like making a long rant so ill make it quick..kina

When Mobb Deep first blew up in the rap scene they were just two lil' juvinile delinquents who released a shitty childish and pretty forgettable debut album in 1993. Prodigy and Havoc scrapped that B.S and recorded the INFAMOUS from 94-95 in which we see two much older and much more mature Havoc and Prodigy. More importantly we see the two mcs talking about the raw gritty hard times living in New york, brooklyn(home of the coffins as Prodigy would call it). What really makes this album epic is the way these two cats spit about the scary hard rugged trife life that they go through and if you dont know what the fuck "Trife life" is or the meaning then check out the classic and parnoia masterpiece that is "Trife life", or The gritty deep bassed jazzy ruff depressed tunes in "Cradle to the Grave", or what about them rapping with q-tip from a tribe called quest about their good all days with E&J and all their favorite liquor of sorts on the q-tip produced "DRINK THE PAIN AWAY", Fuck the haters who say this shouldn't be on the list, this is ONE of many classics that took east n.y rap to a whole other level and put EAST N.Y hip hop and importantly THE EAST COAST on the map for Hip hop along with Wu tang and biggie smalls. It's horrible of whats become of Prodigy and Havoc(selling out and joining G-unit and ect )but goddamn did they released two epic records and you cannot deny Havocs skills. Holy shit that man can dig through some dusty fucking crates as he pulls out some of the darkest, most haunting and chillest Instrumentals I have ever heard on a fucking record or hip hop album alone. Havoc is a definite top producer, as a rapper he's not bad and does have some really deep stuff to say but you just leave that mostly to prodigy and speaking of which...That fool can spit hard like the bite you get from a snake piercing through your arm, feeling the venom as its spewing inside your skin. Basically to put simply.. PRODIGY is a wicked mc and one of top to hold it down during the early era of East NY/Hardcore hip hop. THE INFAMOUS is exactly what it is...it is infamous and a record no hip hop head should go with out. this and "hell on earth" are Mobb deeps magnum opus and some of the best hip hop music ever put on a record.

All these songs must be played at maximum volume

An Eye For An Eye Feat Raekwon the Chef & Nas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmoX5o7cbXA

Right back at you feat Ghost face killah & Raekwon the Chef
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDe6UxghxKA

Cradle to the Grave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPE7pfcEkwA

Trife Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rve9-hrt_E

Drink away the Pain Feat Q-tip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PANWkHTT8

41st Side(the start of your ending)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0JR...0%27none%27%3B

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ZykEJuFrI

Shook Ones Pt II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEnDRp4-idQ
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-26-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:42 AM
with his arms outstretched

I support this thread as long as Wu-Tang Clans '36 Chambers' is in the top 5. Preferably #1.

03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Sep you had a good thing going. 26 was almost a month ago. Want more!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Sep you had a good thing going. 26 was almost a month ago. Want more!!!!!
Sorry my brotha. but this thread is gonna be on hold for awhile. I already have the last 25 planned out. I could just PM you the last 25 albums, but that would spoil all the fun now would it?

Anyways folks, sorry to be dickhead but I'm a put this thread on "an extended vacation" as JRA would put it. But this thread should be done by the summer hopefully. Probably not, I donno. But it will be finished some day.