Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I'm sorry, but this is kind of stupid. If you can't tell the difference between a drummer and a vocalist then you aren't a musician and there's probably no reasoning with you. People can play through shitty vocals - big deal. Good luck trying to play with a guy who can't keep a steady beat on the drums though. Or doesn't know where he is in a song. Or who can't reliably perform the set due to health or whatever else.

Plus, from the practical business side, yeah, sure, fire Ozzy. And let's bring back Sabbath's second most successful vocalist?

Oh right.
Bingo. Ozzy's inconsistent sure, but I'll take a patchy Ozzy over a derping drummer any day. A bad drummer can ruin any band, even one with the riff lord on guitar. Bill's parts are forceful yet intricate, it's easy to make small mistakes and fuck it all up, just ask anyone who's ever learned to play War Pigs or Supernaut. That's why Bill had to really simplify his parts on the last few tours, and even then he was barely keeping up. Tommy Clufetos looks like a buffoon (seriously, what the hell is up with his arms?!) but he is doing more justice to Bill's parts than Bill himself could muster right now.

And yeah, without Ozzy and Dio, Iommi and Geezer basically have no career. And even then, Heaven & Hell wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the initial Ozzy reunion bringing the Black Sabbath name back into the public eye. Honestly, I'm fairly sure Ozzy, Iommi and Geezer are just doing this for fun now. They could probably retire now and live comfortably for the rest of their lives, at least Ozzy could for sure. It's also easy to see how they want to end Black Sabbath on a positive note, with one last really great album and a tour wherever they can hit. I don't think any of them want to die knowing that Black Sabbath was unfinished.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Studio version of End Of The Beginning can be found here.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:01 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is kind of stupid. If you can't tell the difference between a drummer and a vocalist then you aren't a musician and there's probably no reasoning with you. People can play through shitty vocals - big deal. Good luck trying to play with a guy who can't keep a steady beat on the drums though. Or doesn't know where he is in a song. Or who can't reliably perform the set due to health or whatever else.

Plus, from the practical business side, yeah, sure, fire Ozzy. And let's bring back Sabbath's second most successful vocalist?

Oh right.
The drummer is the guy at the back hitting stuff with sticks, right?

Dude, I've been playing guitar for 19 years (admittedly not much at all lately, but having a kid tends to fuck with your free time) so I understand that having a solid drummer is more important than having a strong vocalist. Ozzy's awful though. He's shit. Aren't they playing Symptom of the Universe as an instrumental? Fuck that. His vocals on God is Dead? make me cringe. I'm sure Iommi and Geezer could find many better projects to lend their talents to, albeit with a (much) smaller paycheck. Then again, I guess that's the answer right there, isn't it?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Man, there's mad all over this shit.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Everyone seems to forget the fact that Bill was originally involved in the Heaven and Hell reunion as well.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

No Bill = No mediocre drumming in it for the sake of money
Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quality > Sentiment
Old 05-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Oh right.
Yes, let's let Ian Gillan be in both Deep Purple & Black Sabbath simultaneously.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Probably the best post of your day - Black Sabbath's 13 is streaming in it's entirety on itunes. Check it out!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
N00B

1:35 into the album and so far, so good!