Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

They should make the show in IL just to piss you all off.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
They should make the show in IL just to piss you all off.
You probably wouldn't go, because you'd find out Emmure were playing the same day
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Just a wild Guess..

But I'm pretty certain that Black Sabbath will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival which will take place on August 16th-18th of this year in West Hollywood. Mark my words.

Sharon said that this one Date would take place in August. Makes total sense to me. And more importantly, I can't see BLACK SABBATH playing There one and only show without a shit load of bands opening up for them, I REALLY REALLY can't see them playing this ONE date without having a fuck tun of bands opening for them . Infact, having a fuckton of bands and being an all day out door music fest makes total sense to me. Yeah, i thought it was ozz fest at first but when I look back..

They still haven't announced the line up for the Sunset Strip Music Fest yet. And the fact that it takes place in late august, and sharon said that black sabbath would be playing a show in august. And the fact that this will be an all day out door-in the open-festival in the blazing heat makes total sense to me for them to choose this for their reunion. Oh and don't get me started with the 20+ bands playing before them as well. And if they do get sabbath they will probably headline the last day of the show. The 18th of August.

Anyways that's my 2 cent. who knows, lets see as the coming days unravel.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-04-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
You probably wouldn't go, because you'd find out Emmure were playing the same day
True. Or if Sabbath somehow got Emmure to open. That would be
Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Just a wild Guess..

But I'm pretty certain that Black Sabbath will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival which will take place on August 16th-18th of this year in West Hollywood. Mark my words.

Sharon said that this one Date would take place in August. Makes total sense to me. And more importantly, I can't see BLACK SABBATH playing There one and only show without a shit load of bands opening up for them, I REALLY REALLY can't see them playing this ONE date without having a fuck tun of bands opening for them . Infact, having a fuckton of bands and being an all day out door music fest makes total sense to me. Yeah, i thought it was ozz fest at first but when I look back..

They still haven't announced the line up for the Sunset Strip Music Fest yet. And the fact that it takes place in late august, and sharon said that black sabbath would be playing a show in august. And the fact that this will be an all day out door-in the open-festival in the blazing heat makes total sense to me for them to choose this for their reunion. Oh and don't get me started with the 20+ bands playing before them as well. And if they do get sabbath they will probably headline the last day of the show. The 18th of August.

Anyways that's my 2 cent. who knows, lets see as the coming days unravel.
Yeah you're probably right. Ozzy played the first one in 2009. I don't even want to imagine what shitty artist is going to be playing at the same time as Sabbath on the East stage. I remember I was seeing Smashing Pumpkins there and Kid Cudi was playing the same time
Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Yeah you're probably right. Ozzy played the first one in 2009. I don't even want to imagine what shitty artist is going to be playing at the same time as Sabbath on the East stage. I remember I was seeing Smashing Pumpkins there and Kid Cudi was playing the same time
Kid Cudi! Yikes!

But yeah man, Black Sabbath will be playing at the SSMF in West Hollywood later this year, I can't see why they wouldn't. I mean i can't think of any where else they would play(other than canada). Oh and I'm sure there will be tons of shitty artists/bands that we will have to endure to see the mighty sabbath, no doubt about that. And it doesn't help that it's going to be on the Hot sunny blistering heat in the middle of august. Makes perfect sense for them to choose this fest. As much as i would love to see Black sabbath just play by themselves with like one or two opening acts, they just won't take that route. Sharon said they are going to play one show in August. She said they can't announce it because the Promotors will. SSMF hasn't even announced the line up yet but the festival is set to take place August 16th to the 18th. I'm pretty sure They are going to play one of the dates of that fest, and when they do

I'M GETTING MY TICKETS FASTER THAN FLIES ON SHIT MY NIGGA

Plus West Hollywood/sunset is like 45-50 minute for me.....2 hours when stuck in horrific traffic...especially on the 101
11/14 - Slayer
Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

If I have to, I will make a trip to LA to see what's probably my last chance to see Sabbath ever.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

New video interview: http://www.nme.com/nme-video/black-s.../1665702100001

You can really see what I meant here about Tony. Less hair, definitely thinner, but otherwise looks in quite good shape.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Update from Metal Injection (whichever guy it is there who also DJs on Sirius?)

"My buddy (and fellow SiriusXM Liquid Metal DJ) Jose Mangin went down to the studio to record audio snippets for OZZY OSBOURNE's SiriusXM channel, Ozzy's Boneyard, and was accompanied by RockMyWalls.com photographer, Sonny Guillen. Sonny was nice enough to give us a few tidbits of information about the status of the new album.

The band is currently in the studio recording vocals with Rick Rubin. There are 15 songs that have been written, and according to Geezer Butler, 12 of them will make the record, most likely with the additional three serving as bonus tracks for different special editions.

Apparently, guitarist Tony Iommi completed all 15 guitar tracks during the band's sessions in England earlier this year, and judging by the way most bands record, that would mean drums are done as well. Ozzy and Geezer are working to complete the tracks in five song increments, with the first five being worked on currently.

Ozzy is tracking vocals, with bassist Geezer Butler writing all the lyrics. One song title has been confirmed and it's 'God Is Dead'.

As for guitarist Tony Iommi, Ozzy mentioned that he spoke to Iommi recently and he is in good sprits and recovery is coming along very well from his cancer scare earlier this year."

Interview was apparently conducted with Ozzy and Geezer at the same time, and will begin airing on Ozzy's show on Sirius next week.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Ugh, another band ruined by the CD curse of writing more than 8-9 songs for an album.