Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Blaze Bayley -- St. Paul, MN -- November 2nd, 2011

OMG!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! YOU MUST SEE HIM IF HE COMES TO YOUR AREA!!!!!!!!

His show was one of the MOST energetic, amazing, incredible performances I have ever seen in my ENTIRE life!!!!!!!!!! There may have been less than 50 people there, but he acted like he was playing in front of 50 thousand people!!! He got the crowd going by pumping his fists in the air many times and he also had them sing parts of songs a lot! Also, he would go from have one side of the stage do then the right. One time, he even went from left to right slowly at first then speeding up a bit and just went crazy with it! And his vocal performance was BEYOND AMAZING!!! He sounded much better than on the studio versions and actually went an octave higher than normal on some parts and still hit the notes!!! And the rest of the band were very energetic too!!! They would run back and forth, switching spots all the time! And during one of the songs, the lead guitar player came out into the audience and jammed out right in front of us!!! The show concluded with a big bombastic ending similar to the way AC/DC ends their songs! WOW!!! What an incredible evening!!!

Also, he took time to meet everyone after the show. The pics are on my dad's phone so I'll post those later when he moves them off.

And sadly because the tour is doing so poorly, PLEASE try your very best to see him and bring some friends along if possible. He really could use the support.

I'm pretty sure his set was exactly the same as the NY show so I'll just copy and paste that here.
1. The Brave
2. Futureal
3. Lord of the Flies
4. When Two Worlds Collide
5. Voices From the Past
6. The Launch
7. Steel
8. Killing Machine
9. Virus
10. Look for the Truth
11. Kill and Destroy
12. Blood and Belief
13. Man on the Edge
14. Manhunt
15. Robot
16. The Clansman
17. Stare at the Sun
18. I Like it Hot

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 11-03-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I find it sad that he plays in front of a few dozen ppl in the states. I understand why he doesn't tour in north america more now. That means he doesn't make any money out of it, too bad, how discouraged he must be

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 PM
N00B

I saw him when he played in Foxboro,Mass last week , I can honestly say it wasa great performance and he sounded amazing, and it was a very sad turnout maybe around 50 people but he performed as if he was in front of 2000 people
Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
MY LEG!!

As much as it may be discouraging, it's very clear that he truly appreciates the support of those who do show up; it doesn't look like he cares about the money, he cares about those who care about and support him, and that even if just one person showed up he would be happy. And I think that's what made the night so awesome was that it was so personal and he was so genuine.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
N00B

As I may have said before, The X Factor is Maiden's best album. Blaze has a great voice. Maiden didn't get a lot of attention from the states during the Blaze era. Here is the aftermath. Sad. He's much better than Di'Anno.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
As much as it may be discouraging, it's very clear that he truly appreciates the support of those who do show up; it doesn't look like he cares about the money, he cares about those who care about and support him, and that even if just one person showed up he would be happy. And I think that's what made the night so awesome was that it was so personal and he was so genuine.
Very much this.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Holy fucking titballs, he got the crowd fist pumping and singing along? No. Fucking. Way.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Holy fucking titballs, he got the crowd fist pumping and singing along? No. Fucking. Way.
This entire review reads as though it was written by someone who had never been to a concert before.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This entire review reads as though it was written by someone who had never been to a concert before.
pretty much

I'm guessing he just wasn't expecting Blaze to be capable of having a crowd clapping and sing along.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

With that small of a crowd, I didn't think he and the band would have been that motivated to perform that well and with so much energy so I was quite taken back by it. Also, the only other frontman I've seen who is that exciting to watch on stage is Bruce Dickinson. In fact, Blaze really overdid it a bit, but it was still great to watch.

Tags
blaze bayley