The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw_Kurosaki View Post
Blaze bayley played 18 songs nearly 2 full hours! And that was to a group on 35 people in minnesota. And he gave it his all. I don't see why bigger names like anthrax wont so more for there fans. Its sad to see that the british bands like maiden priest and even blaze bayley do more for fans musicly then american bands.
I can't say it's an American thing. Foo Fighters and virtually all the Seattle bands Pearl Jam, Soundgarden always play 2+ hours. I personally think Anthrax are clueless when it comes to pleasing their fans live. I saw them with the Misfits years ago fully texpecting them to headline and instead they opened and play 8 songs, 4 covers. The fact that I've even considered seeing them again live after that is baffling but I'll give them 1 more chance. Be All, End All is a song I want to hear live 1 more time but no Among The Living or AIR is idiotic.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I personally think Anthrax are clueless when it comes to pleasing their fans live.
I think it's more Scott and Charlie being cluless than the whole band because the setlist selection has been a problem for ages. If you ever read or see any interviews with Joey or Frank they are very fan friendly and they seem to have a good idea what the fanbase is like and what they want. Unfortunately Scott and Charlie call the shots with the band and seem to be in another world when it comes to that.

They're great live and they always have a kick ass show. But they can certainly give Metal Thrashing Mad and Got The Time a break and play Among, KIITF or IMW in it's place. With only 14 songs there's no way they can say their isn't room to add in AIR as a regular.

I saw Joey solo about 7 or 8 years ago and he played Among, AIR, Medusa, In My World and Keep It In The Family. At least he gets it, but unfortunately he doesn't have the final say. Which is strange because with him back Anthrax is relevant again and he pretty much has the band by the balls. If he leaves again they'll be fucked worse than they were before he came back.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Altars of Radness

Anthrax sets have always been shitty. Take a look at these two.

1991 Persistence of Time tour:
  1. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
  2. Got the Time
  3. Caught in a Mosh
  4. In My World
  5. Indians
  6. Antisocial
  7. Be All, End All
    ---
  8. I'm the Man
  9. I Am The Law

1991 Bring the Noise (co-headlining with Public Enemy) tour:
  1. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
  2. Got the Time
  3. A.I.R.
  4. Parasite
  5. Keep It in the Family
  6. Caught in a Mosh
  7. Indians
  8. Antisocial
    ---
  9. I'm the Man
  10. Too Much Posse
  11. Bring The Noise
Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I can't say it's an American thing. Foo Fighters and virtually all the Seattle bands Pearl Jam, Soundgarden always play 2+ hours.
This. Metallica still plays for at least 100 minutes as well, with a rotating setlist that can stretch some shows into the 2 hour range.

To be fair, the Seattle bands aren't playing thrash and Metallica can travel in luxury, but there are other "intense" bands that find a way to play longer than 75 minute sets as a headliner.

Anthrax is a wicked intense show, I dunno if I could take 2 hours of it, but 18/19 songs in 90 minutes should be doable if they're serious about becoming relevant again.

Tags
anthrax, death angel, testament