Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Social Distortion -- Irvine, CA -- October 22nd, 2011

Social Distortion played at the Verizon Wireless last night with Face to Face(I unfortunately arrived too late to see them ). I picked up my friend around 545pm and left for the show. The plan was to go to BJs before the show and get some bomb ass beer. The Jeremiah Red there is so delicious and fucks you up pretty fast. Well I looked it up on google before I left and it said there was a BJs about 3 miles from the venue, so I thought that was perfect. I didn't realize the BJs near the venue was actually in Laguna Hills instead of Irvine. My phone took me to the Irvine one, about 12 miles away and it was crowded as fuck, so we decided we should skip it and go find some cheap fast food and get some 40s. I literally drove around for 30 minutes trying to find a 711 or liquor store but had no luck. What the fuck Irvine??? I finally found a CVS pharmacy and grabbed 4 24oz cans of Mickeys and went straight the venue. We found a nice parking spot and pounded the beers and walked in around 9pm. As soon as we got in the venue, my friend saw the beer stand and she literally ran over to get two more 24oz cups of Bud Light. She didn't realize there was a quarter of a mile walk from that point to the lawn, so she almost spilled half her beer walking We found a nice spot on the lawn and Social D went on at 9:15 and played until 11. Mike Ness sounded great for being how old he is. They played a great selection of their discography. I wish they could have played a few more old songs. I was seriously tripping out when they didn't play Ball and Chain. I figured that's a song they always play, but not last night

California (Hustle and Flow)
King of Fools
Bad Luck
Untitled
Bye Bye Baby
Mommy's Little Monster
Hour of Darkness
Machine Gun Blues
Story Of My Life
Bakersfield
Gimme the Sweet and Lowdown
Nickels and Dimes
When the Angels Sing
Reach for the Sky
Six More Miles (Hank Williams cover)
Can't Take It With You
-------
Dear Lover
Don't Drag Me Down
Prison Bound
Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash cover)
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
N00B

I saw Face To Face play to about 10 people at the Coconut Teaszer in 1992. They were sandwiched between Motorpsycho (the LA band on Hollywood Records) and Snair. I totally forgot about it until a few years ago when I transferred my tape of those two bands and heard the stage announcements. Now I regret not recording since they are the only band of the 3 anyone anywhere has even heard of. Even if I still like the other bands more.

I had like 10 shows on my calendar for last night. Was gonna go see the Vibrators at the Redwood until I read the only original member is the drummer so I opted for the Love Me Nots & Woolly Bandits at El Cid preceded by Black Flamingo at Space 1520.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Oh awesome! I wish I didn't miss Face to Face last night. I heard they also played at Alex's Bar on Friday. I'm sure the show on Friday was better since it was probably a headlining set. I've never even heard of El Cid or Space 1520. I'll check those places out to see if there are any good shows coming up. Yeah last night had WAY too many shows in our area.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
N00B

Space 1520 is a mini shopping center on the other side of Jack In The Box across the street from Amoeba. They have a plaza that occassionally has free shows. That's where Smashing Pumpkins played on Record Store Day in 2010.

El Cid is a Mexican Restaraunt in Silver Lake that has a stage and PA. Been to a few shows there. Next one that I know of that I wanna go to is Vicky & the Vengents, Lords Of Altamont and Prima Donna on December 10.

Tags
social distortion