Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
We're dying on the inside

New Yorkers

Going to NYC for the first time in a few weeks to see Fucked Up with my girlfriend. I'll be in the city Monday, November 14th. Just have a few questions.

-Is anyone familiar with Le Poisson Rouge? What's the area like, what's the venue like, is there a photo pit?
-Related - are there any nearby 24 hours joints where we could sit and have some coffee after the show until the first train out in the morning.
-Also related - when do the trains start running again on a Tuesday morning?

And anything else you think I should know or think I have to do on a trip to the city. Anything helps. Thanks guys.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:44 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Going to NYC for the first time in a few weeks to see Fucked Up with my girlfriend. I'll be in the city Monday, November 14th. Just have a few questions.

-Is anyone familiar with Le Poisson Rouge? What's the area like, what's the venue like, is there a photo pit?
-Related - are there any nearby 24 hours joints where we could sit and have some coffee after the show until the first train out in the morning.

And anything else you think I should know or think I have to do on a trip to the city. Anything helps. Thanks guys.
Trains will probably start running pretty early. Not sure which train(s) you're using, but I know the NJ Transit trains into/out of the city start around 5 AM I believe.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is budget HIGH. Everything in NYC is expensive, and I mean everything - up to twice as much as you may pay even in other cities. Whatever money you'd rationally think you're gonna spend - double the amount if you can. Trust me, you may need it. I've gone to may shows in NYC where my trip was nearly over budget despite planning. It's just an expensive place.

Also, as I said - never been to the venue, but we played a gig only a few blocks away and it's not a nice area. It's not like really bad "bowels of the city" or anything, but it's NOT the super upscale tourist-friendly Manhattan that's further north.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

New Yawkuhs*
Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is budget HIGH. Everything in NYC is expensive, and I mean everything - up to twice as much as you may pay even in other cities. Whatever money you'd rationally think you're gonna spend - double the amount if you can. Trust me, you may need it. I've gone to may shows in NYC where my trip was nearly over budget despite planning. It's just an expensive place.
He'll be used to that. He came here

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 10-22-2011, 11:34 PM
MY LEG!!

FUCK Brad come to Jersey!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:35 PM
MY LEG!!

Also, for all your train planning:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/

http://www.njtransit.com
Old 10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Bobb O)))

the venue is awesome, no photo pit though. there is a side area on stage right though.

the area is really great, a lot of cool bars/restaurants on that street. enjoy man, wish i could make it.
10/4-Melvins
Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post

-No Idea what it's like but its near Washington Square park which is a pretty cool area with shit goin on.
-If you're in the Washington Square Park area (and you will be) there will probably be multiple 24 hour joints on every block.
-Trains are gonna be running all night (unless there's an unpredictable transit change) but they don't come too often between 1230am-530am, so if you'd prefer to do the waiting in somewhere that isn't a filthy subway platform it might be worth keeping that in mind.