Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Do they give out wristbands to get in the pit? Or do you mean they kick out people for moshing / crowd surfing?
Wristbands. My friend and I had to come late for Arch Enemy the other week and almost weren't able to get into the pit because of that. We found some people who were willing to give us their wristbands though. That's the first venue I've ever been to that does something like that (Besides venues with tiered ticket prices/pit tickets of course).

Somebody there was telling me that the Wiltern also does it too, but I've never been there.

I'm not sure how they feel about crowd surfing because there wasnt really that much of it at that show, there was a lot of moshing though.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
Wristbands. My friend and I had to come late for Arch Enemy the other week and almost weren't able to get into the pit because of that. We found some people who were willing to give us their wristbands though. That's the first venue I've ever been to that does something like that (Besides venues with tiered ticket prices/pit tickets of course).

Somebody there was telling me that the Wiltern also does it too, but I've never been there.

I'm not sure how they feel about crowd surfing because there wasnt really that much of it at that show, there was a lot of moshing though.
I feel embarrassed to go back to Club Nokia after being way too drunk at the last Cradle of Filth show there. There was no pit policy at the time, so anyone was able to go as they pleased, as if it was any normal venue. I had too many rum and red bulls, so I was pumped. I normally try to avoid the pit if I can and enjoy the show. When I get too drunk, I tend to try to dominate the pit and that doesn't work for a guy of my size. By then end of the show, I was literally running around shirtless in the pit

Yeah the Wiltern and the Fox Theater have that bullshit policy. I hate Club Nokia has that too
Old 10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I feel embarrassed to go back to Club Nokia after being way too drunk at the last Cradle of Filth show there. There was no pit policy at the time, so anyone was able to go as they pleased, as if it was any normal venue. I had too many rum and red bulls, so I was pumped. I normally try to avoid the pit if I can and enjoy the show. When I get too drunk, I tend to try to dominate the pit and that doesn't work for a guy of my size. By then end of the show, I was literally running around shirtless in the pit

Yeah the Wiltern and the Fox Theater have that bullshit policy. I hate Club Nokia has that too
Fox Theater just does like a quota or something then right? They didn't pass out wrist bands when I saw Mastodon there and I don't remember them closing off the pit.

But I do remember them closing off the pit for Scion Rock Fest. Those are the only two times I've seen shows there, I'll be going there this Friday though for Opeth/Katatonia.

At least the Fox Theater is close though (for me) and there's free parking.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Were you in the pit for Morbid Angel at the Fox? They were letting people in the pit one by one, but only on one side. My friend and I ran over there and were pretty lucky to get in. Also, when Obituary was playing a bunch of people trampled one of the staff to get into the pit, but I didn't see it.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Fox Theater just does like a quota or something then right? They didn't pass out wrist bands when I saw Mastodon there and I don't remember them closing off the pit.

But I do remember them closing off the pit for Scion Rock Fest. Those are the only two times I've seen shows there, I'll be going there this Friday though for Opeth/Katatonia.

At least the Fox Theater is close though (for me) and there's free parking.
I don't really know what they do for sure. I saw Manson there in 2009 and there was nothing mentioned about needing pit wrist bands. I went again for MGMT in July of 2010 and they weren't going to let my friend and I into the pit, then a few girls left and we were let in. I went a few months later to see Brandon Flowers and they were handing out wrist bands so you could get into the pit. I'm not sure how I scored pit wrist bands for that with my balcony tickets, but I was up in the very front haha. I went to see Circa Survive last week there and I saw people with pit wrist bands on, so it might be that way for Opeth. I do love the free parking there hmm I have Friday night off, I may meet you there. Are you going to pregame the show?? If anything, I can go have some beers with you before the show haha
Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Were you in the pit for Morbid Angel at the Fox? They were letting people in the pit one by one, but only on one side. My friend and I ran over there and were pretty lucky to get in. Also, when Obituary was playing a bunch of people trampled one of the staff to get into the pit, but I didn't see it.
The moment Immolation finished I ran to the Fox. I got in there like 20 minutes or more before Obituary started. And yeah I was gonna mention that. I didn't actually see it either.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
No no, I was as far away from the pit as possible. I had a cracked rib at the Scion show. I was getting drunk up on the balcony. I actually told a bar tender I had a cracked rib in order to get a stronger drink ...
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
I don't really know what they do for sure. I saw Manson there in 2009 and there was nothing mentioned about needing pit wrist bands. I went again for MGMT in July of 2010 and they weren't going to let my friend and I into the pit, then a few girls left and we were let in. I went a few months later to see Brandon Flowers and they were handing out wrist bands so you could get into the pit. I'm not sure how I scored pit wrist bands for that with my balcony tickets, but I was up in the very front haha. I went to see Circa Survive last week there and I saw people with pit wrist bands on, so it might be that way for Opeth. I do love the free parking there hmm I have Friday night off, I may meet you there. Are you going to pregame the show?? If anything, I can go have some beers with you before the show haha
Not sure. I'm going with my friend. I wouldn't mind having some beers before the show though haha.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
The moment Immolation finished I ran to the Fox. I got in there like 20 minutes or more before Obituary started. And yeah I was gonna mention that. I didn't actually see it either.
Yeah I did the same thing. Except my friend didn't want to go in the pit (he doesn't really like metal, he was just giving me a ride), so I told him we were going in for Morbid Angel for sure. I was happy we ran over there though, because I heard after Obituary started they pretty much stopped letting people in for the night because it was over capacity.

Quote:
No no, I was as far away from the pit as possible. I had a cracked rib at the Scion show. I was getting drunk up on the balcony. I actually told a bar tender I had a cracked rib in order to get a stronger drink ...
Oh, yeah I remember you posting about that now. I'll be at the Opeth show as well. You should hit up Immolation if you're not busy!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Oh, yeah I remember you posting about that now. I'll be at the Opeth show as well. You should hit up Immolation if you're not busy!
There are too many fucking shows going on this weekend!! Judas Priest, Anthrax, Immolation and Social Distortion. I have tickets to take my lady friend to SD.