Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Former Kyuss members sue band

Former Kyuss guitarist Josh Homme and bassist Scott Reeder are taking their one time bandmates to court over ownership rights of the band name. A statement from Homme can be read below.

The bands remaining original member’s singer John Garcia and drummer Brant Bjork reformed last year under the title of Kyuss Lives!, along with bassist Nick Oliveri. At the time, Garcia stated that they had changed the name because there was no Kyuss without Homme’s.

However, over the course of the past year it seems things have changed, with Kyuss Lives! filing official documents last year in an attempt to use the Kyuss name. As a result, Homme and Reeder are suing Garcia and Oliveri over alleged, “trademark infringement and consumer fraud.”

Homme, who is now the frontman for Queens Of The Stone Age says that all measures were taken to avoid bringing the matter to court. “It sucks. To think we went to a meeting in January solely to help them with their request to continue Kyuss Lives! With open arms, we made every attempt to help them continue Kyuss Lives! respectfully. Only to discover while they looked us in the eye, Kyuss Lives! management and band had filed federal documents in 2011 in an attempt to steal the name Kyuss.”

He continued, saying that he was dissapointed that the situation has come to the point where a lawsuit has been filed. “This is desperately what we were trying to avoid. It’s a sad day for us and for John but most of all for the fans. What a needless mess.”

source

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 AM
N00B

I just finished reading this. What a shame. I just got into Kyuss a few months ago. I'm a big fan of pretty much anything Homme does, but I get the feeling from clips I've seen online that he can be a bit difficult to be around. What's the story about Kyuss breaking up years ago? For some reason I thought the guys were on relatively good terms.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

It's not the fact that they're doing Kyuss Lives!, it's that they filed to get Homme and & Reeder taken off the copyrights to the name Kyuss, cutting them off from royalties, etc.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
N00B

They wanted to continue as Kyuss and not just "Kyuss Lives"
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Well this sucks. As awesome as seeing them was, something was clearly missing and it's obvious that they were just doing it for money. The fact that they're trying to fuck Reeder over after he filled in for a bunch of shows is pretty embarrassing.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
How're yeh?

They're probably doing this to try and pay for a good attorney to get their douchebag drug-using (REPEAT)woman abuser bass player off the hook.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
I just finished reading this. What a shame. I just got into Kyuss a few months ago. I'm a big fan of pretty much anything Homme does, but I get the feeling from clips I've seen online that he can be a bit difficult to be around. What's the story about Kyuss breaking up years ago? For some reason I thought the guys were on relatively good terms.
I always thought they broke up because of problems with Elektra Records not giving them the support they needed but still tying them up in contract shit, so it was just easier to break up rather than put up with all the legal bullshit.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

If Garcia and Brjok were original members,of the band then they have every right to use the Kyuss name. If only things were thoat simple these days...
Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
If Garcia and Brjok were original members,of the band then they have every right to use the Kyuss name. If only things were thoat simple these days...
Homme was an original member too, and I sure as fuck wouldn't want half of the band getting back together under the original name without my permission.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

If it were Homme and Garcia that would be fine, and they would be granted the rights if they went to court because they were the two biggest contributors and the only constant members of the band.
But it's not.