Careful With That Axe, Eugene
Money
The Happiest Days of Our Lives/Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Wish You Were Here
One of These Days
----------
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell

I have seen them mentioned a couple of times here so I thought I'd put up a review. I normally don't bother with tribute bands, but these guys are really good and since we'll never see another Pink Floyd tour, this is all there is. They have a full laser light show, circular video screen just like Floyd did back in the day and backup singers as well. And the musicians are very good as well, the guy who does the Gilmour parts is great but the Waters guy is not quite there yet with the singing, although better than the other times I have seen them. The setlist was pretty good, the energy left the room during Careful With That Axe Eugene though, it is a slow song for the most part and I'm pretty sure most people are not familiar with it. It's good that they play some deep cuts besides all the hits, but I wish they would pick a different one. It was awesome to see Sorrow, one of my favorite Floyd songs ever, and the bass was so perfect it was inside my head. I definitely need to get a new subwoofer.
The Morrison Center is an absolutely awful place for this show to have taken place in though, it is a university facility mostly used for ballet and performing arts show so you couldn't even take beers to your seats. Also 3D was billed heavily but not that impressive on the video screen. I didn't catch a whiff of weed which is criminal at a show like this. The show also didn't sell that well, probably because this is the third year in a row they have been here and since it was at the Morrison Center, the tickets were about twice the price they were on previous visits. I was pondering not even going to this as I had seen them the last two years but my wife got half price tickets through being a part time university student.
That's all the negatives, I would still recommend seeing them if you never have, it is the closest the world will ever see to Pink Floyd live again. The show was 3 hours long so you definitely get your money's worth.

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 10-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
N00B

DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG YES, HOLY SHIT.

Ive seen Roger Waters perform "SHEEP" twice. It was nothing short of amazing.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Headbanger

Cool review. Yeah these guys played an Operahouse here where you can't even have drinks in the actual concert area. I saw them on Palladia and thought they could easily sell out larger arenas.

I'd like to see them one day

Tags
australian pink floyd