Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Hank III November 2011 US Tour Dates

CONFIRMED dates only...if more come in, they'll be posted here and to the site.
No opening band is set as of now. He will be performing a country set, Hellbilly set, Attention Deficit Domination set and a Cattle Callin set. Anyone who can go should.

Nov 07
The Orange Peel
Asheville NC

Nov 08
Ground Zero
Spartanburg SC

Nov 09
Amos' Southend
Charlotte NC

Nov 11
Altar Bar
Pittsburgh PA

Nov 12
V Club
Huntington WV

Nov 13
The National
Richmond VA

Nov 15
Music Hall Of Willimasburg
Brooklyn NY

Nov 16
Rams Head Live!
Baltimore MD

Nov 20
Northern Lights
Albany NY

Nov 21
Higher Ground
Burlington VT

Nov 23
Crocodile Rock
Allentown PA

Nov 25
Chameleon Club
Lancaster PA
Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
We're dying on the inside

He NEVER plays the Midwest.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

He comes to Burlington when I'm home for Thanksgiving...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Yeah he does. He usually starts off with a West Coast leg, then an East Coast leg and then tours the midwest. He'll probably come out your way by January or February.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Rats off to ya

I should try to get into this guy's music sometime soon, he seems way cooler then his dad.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I should try to get into this guy's music sometime soon, he seems way cooler then his dad.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!
His music is fucking great! Do you want any suggestions on where to start? He has some albums that are true honky tonk country, then some in your face country, some doom metal, some psychobilly and his metal band Assjack that kind of has that Superjoint Ritual vibe a little, but not completely.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
His music is fucking great! Do you want any suggestions on where to start? He has some albums that are true honky tonk country, then some in your face country, some doom metal, some psychobilly and his metal band Assjack that kind of has that Superjoint Ritual vibe a little, but not completely.
Sure, i'm not really looking to hear country but I guess i'll give that a try if I get into his heavier stuff. Where should I start with his metal stuff?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned Asshole

He played The National last month, now he's playing there again.... Why not play the Norva instead >:[
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Sure, i'm not really looking to hear country but I guess i'll give that a try if I get into his heavier stuff. Where should I start with his metal stuff?
His best metal stuff is from his band Assjack. There's an official release called Assjack, but there are a lot of effects used that kind of make the cd annoying to listen to. Before he was legally able to release Assjack, he handed out copies of it called Bootleg 3. There are two versions of Bootleg 3. The one with 11 tracks is the one you want.

Gravel Pit

Choking Gesture

Hank III has a doom metal project called Attention Deficit Domination. He just released a record for it that is heavy as fuck. I wish more people would appreciate it like I do.

Living Beyond Doom

He has another set of material he does called Hellbilly. It's basically psychobilly with a steel guitar, banjo and fiddle. The older stuff is pretty basis and really catchy and released an album called This Aint Country, which was later officially released as Hillybilly Joker. Its really good. As time went on, he wrote an albums worth of Hellbilly songs, but hasn't tried releasing them yet, but they are aggressive as fuck.

Blood of the Chickens(newer awesome song)

Life of Sin(Older Song)

The rest of his catalog consists of 7 country records. The first one is called Risin Outlaw and I don't listen to it very often cause its not that good. The second is called Lovesick, Broken and Driftin and its awesome, but more of a true honky tonk album. I can understand how people wouldn't like it here, but I love it so much.

Walkin with Sorrow

The third country album was the one that got me into III. It was actually the album that really turned a LOT of metal heads on to him. The album is called Straight to Hell. It was a big deal cause it really showed people a new side to country and it was the first album Curb Records released with a parental advisory sticker on it. This is a must have album.

Straight to Hell

Dick in Dixe, Cunt in Country

The fourth country album was just as good as STH. The album is called Damn Right Rebel Proud. He increased his taste for metal on this one by making a lot of the songs more intense and added screams here and there. Another must have.

Long Hails and Close Calls

Punch Fight Fuck(dedicate to GG Allin)

3 Shades of Black(great fucking song)

He then released a fifth country album called Rebel Within. It caused a lot of his older fans to stop listening to him for a while cause he really made it a metal based country album. I love it a lot and the title track is like my life story haha. This was also the album that freed him from his contract with Curb Record.

Rebel Within

Drinkin Aint Hard to Do

Tore Up and Loud(I love the drums on this song)

He released a double country album at the beginning of September called Ghost to a Ghost and Guttertown. This is a very experimental country album. It only contains a few true country songs, with a lot of cajun and other influences spread out over it. The song Ghost to a Ghost features T Roy from Sourvein as a guest singer.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

I love Hank III and don't even like country .check him out. And most people I know say Hank SR. And III are the best. No one likes Jr. Even III was embarrassed of what his dad did on tv.
10/31-King Diamond