Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Will Not Renew Revolver

Over the past year I have gotten more and more fed up with the lack of different types of Metal being presented in this magazine. Aside from the big bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Mastodon, Opeth, etc. there is no mention of Black Metal, Power Metal, and others, instead you get every band under the sun that is "core". This is merely strike one.

In the past year, Revolver has become bi-monthly. One can say the reason for this is decline in subscriptions, and I can see why, but in the end you would expect for each of the 6 issues be nice and comprehensive. The latest issue was 98 pages... What?! You are going to sum of the entire season of Fall in the Metal world in 98 pages? Metal Hammer had 130 pages for just the month of September. So not only am I not getting all the Metal I want from every genre, but I'm forced to read about shit deathcore bands with stupid names for some 70 pages.

Now, onto what is actually in Revolver this month that has put a nail in the coffin for me. Different Metal mags in recent months have had covers featuring Machine Head, Nergal, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, and Best of Metal 2011, what does Revolver have? Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed a key feature on the past 4 issues, and 25 Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock... Awesome.

But as I have said, it's because of the recent issue that I am at my breaking point, so allow me to break it down for you.

The cover:

New releases from Mastodon, Megadeth, Anthrax, Machine Head, Opeth, as well as new tours, but only Anthrax gets a mention. Nice. Revolver rates new releases of Amy Lee and Falling in Reverse, as well as their last interview with Disturbed over the aforementioned bands. Not only are they not even talking about Metal as a whole, they aren't even talking about music! They are talking about who they think are hottest chicks they want you to like. The list includes the singer of Halestorm and not Angela Gossow...

Now onto the most aggravating thing in all of Revolver, Vinnie Paul. You should be able to understand my rage from this:

When it comes to reviews, they never really sway how I feel about an album or if I will buy it or not. Usually you would give your most experienced writer the job of writing your feature review, or at least someone who is a fan of the band.

Yeah, Cryptic Writings was a bad album, you're right.

And this really has nothing to do with anything, but I'm tried of "The Black Veil Brides." This band gets pages upon pages of promotion and I'm fed up damn it!

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR TATTOO'S THAT YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD AT YOUR AGE BECAUSE OF YOUR RICH PARENTS!

That is all. Goodbye Revolver, you served me fairly okay when you were a month magazine.

Last edited by Butcher of Birth; 10-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Im fine with that picture of Amy Lee on the cover.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Regretting my username

Revolver usually displays Disturbed, Slipknot, Dragonforce, and Zakk Wylde on its cover multiple times each year. Why would you expect it to be a good magazine? Also, why the fuck are you reading magazines? Its 2011.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

They should put Rebecca Vernon and Sarah Pendleton on there. Get amy Lee the fuck off.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
why the fuck are you reading magazines? Its 2011.
You're so modern
Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Revolver has been complete shit for a couple years now, I ended my subscription a while back. And you know, this is like the fifth edition of The Hottest Chicks feature so far...
Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Rats off to ya

This magazine has always been garbage. If Cryptic Writings was a huge misstep then why do they still play songs from it all the time?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
They should put Rebecca Vernon and Sarah Pendleton on there.
I don't know who they are, I would like to know.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Wait, Revolver was ever a good magazine?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 PM
...the dead are among us!

Yeah, Revolver has been a waste of time for a while.

Decibel is the only worthwhile US metal magazine.
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?