Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen - Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
RampinUp46's Avatar
RampinUp46 RampinUp46 is offline
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,057
Cavalera Conspiracy -- Austin, TX -- October 5th, 2011

Great show, great pits, great people. I got to meet Otep, her bassist, and Marc Rizzo.

Opening bands were Killing in Apathy and Headcrusher. I didn't know their stuff (well, except for when the guitarist of KiA played the intro to My Confession), but they sounded pretty cool. The ticket listed Mold Breaker and Earth Crisis as the openers, but they didn't play. Anyway, here's the setlists of the two main acts that night.


Cavalera Conspiracy

This was copied directly from the setlist, so don't blame me if I didn't label a song properly.

Intro-Warlord
Torture
Inflikted
Intro-Sanktuary
Terrorize
Refuse/Resist
Territory
Intro-Doom of All
Killing Inside
Thrasher
Ultra-Violence
Black Ark
Ghenghis Kahn
Arise/Dec
Troops of Doom

Encore:

I Speak Hate
Roots Bloody Roots


Otep

Eet the Children
Battle Ready
Fists Fall
My Confession
Breed
Blood Pigs
Confrontation

I asked the bassist for the setlist, and between Breed and Blood Pigs, he wrote "Drunk on the Blood of Saints", so that might be played in upcoming dates.
__________________
5/23 - Saint Vitus
5/24 - Down
5/27 - The Grundles
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter

Last edited by RampinUp46; 10-05-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Editing a piece of information.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
If I went to this show, it'd be 95% for Earth Crisis. Sucks they didn't play.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2011, 05:04 AM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is online now
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ann arbor, mi
Posts: 1,669
Earth Crisis didn't play? Glad I skipped this one since there are so many shows here this week. Not worth it to me for just a couple Sepultura songs.

I am looking forward to seeing a show at the new Emo's venue though. Was the sound good in there? I think I'll have to go to Brujeria and check it out.
__________________
8/6 - Summer's Laughter ?
8/9 - Boris / SubRosa / Atlas Moth
8/25 - BAT / Shitfucker ?
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 AM
RampinUp46's Avatar
RampinUp46 RampinUp46 is offline
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Earth Crisis didn't play? Glad I skipped this one since there are so many shows here this week. Not worth it to me for just a couple Sepultura songs.

I am looking forward to seeing a show at the new Emo's venue though. Was the sound good in there? I think I'll have to go to Brujeria and check it out.
No, for some reason, they put a local band and Headcrusher on. I'd already seen Killing in Apathy before (...opening for Powerman 5000 ), so I knew what to expect, but I hadn't heard of Headcrusher before. I'd recommend checking them out.

The sound was a lot better than the old Emo's sound. There was one request during Otep's set to turn the sound up, but that was fixed during Cavalera's set.

The venue also happens to be a lot cleaner and less hellish than the old Emo's, and actually resembles a "real" music venue as opposed to a bar with a hunk of plywood in the corner posing as a stage.

Despite this, I can't say I'll immediately latch onto it, but it's nice and worth going to...despite the fact that it's on fucking Riverside.
__________________
5/23 - Saint Vitus
5/24 - Down
5/27 - The Grundles
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is online now
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ann arbor, mi
Posts: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
The venue also happens to be a lot cleaner and less hellish than the old Emo's, and actually resembles a "real" music venue as opposed to a bar with a hunk of plywood in the corner posing as a stage.

Despite this, I can't say I'll immediately latch onto it, but it's nice and worth going to...despite the fact that it's on fucking Riverside.
The Emo's inside stage on Red River is still open for the time being; it's the outdoor stage that is now closed permanently. I've heard conflicting reports of how much longer the inside stage will be open; from what I've gathered it sounds like they aren't going to book any shows on that stage after Dec 24th, but then they will do shows there for SXSW 2012 and then close it up for good. The word is that they are looking to renovate the Waller Creek so it's more along the lines of the San Antonio riverwalk; so that means the days of Red 7 are probably numbered as well. I've also heard that Emo's is looking into opening another small room somewhere near the new Emo's East once the inside stage is closed.

I'm going to Weedeater at the inside stage tonight and Warbringer/Landmine Marathon is there on Sunday as well. I am going to cherish those last fews shows I get to see there. It may be kind of a shithole; but it's legendary and metal as fuck. Plus, without those stages downtown that means no walking to Death Metal Pizza between bands.
__________________
8/6 - Summer's Laughter ?
8/9 - Boris / SubRosa / Atlas Moth
8/25 - BAT / Shitfucker ?
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
RampinUp46's Avatar
RampinUp46 RampinUp46 is offline
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
The Emo's inside stage on Red River is still open for the time being; it's the outdoor stage that is now closed permanently. I've heard conflicting reports of how much longer the inside stage will be open; from what I've gathered it sounds like they aren't going to book any shows on that stage after Dec 24th, but then they will do shows there for SXSW 2012 and then close it up for good. The word is that they are looking to renovate the Waller Creek so it's more along the lines of the San Antonio riverwalk; so that means the days of Red 7 are probably numbered as well. I've also heard that Emo's is looking into opening another small room somewhere near the new Emo's East once the inside stage is closed.

I'm going to Weedeater at the inside stage tonight and Warbringer/Landmine Marathon is there on Sunday as well. I am going to cherish those last fews shows I get to see there. It may be kind of a shithole; but it's legendary and metal as fuck. Plus, without those stages downtown that means no walking to Death Metal Pizza between bands.
Motherfucker! Man, I need to get down to Emo's one last time before it gets turned into something horrible (the spot where Liberty Lunch once stood is now a store for dogs, if I recall correctly). So much for the "Live Music Capital of the World".

...The only plus side to all this is if they tear down Emo's and the Red 7, the fucking hipsters at the Beauty Bar are gonna be leaving as well.
__________________
5/23 - Saint Vitus
5/24 - Down
5/27 - The Grundles
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 PM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is online now
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ann arbor, mi
Posts: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Motherfucker! Man, I need to get down to Emo's one last time before it gets turned into something horrible (the spot where Liberty Lunch once stood is now a store for dogs, if I recall correctly). So much for the "Live Music Capital of the World".

...The only plus side to all this is if they tear down Emo's and the Red 7, the fucking hipsters at the Beauty Bar are gonna be leaving as well.
I saw Dillinger Escape Plan at Beauty Bar during Chaos in Tejas (but that's an exception for that place). You should come down for Warbringer and Landmine Marathon on Sunday.
__________________
8/6 - Summer's Laughter ?
8/9 - Boris / SubRosa / Atlas Moth
8/25 - BAT / Shitfucker ?
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 PM
RampinUp46's Avatar
RampinUp46 RampinUp46 is offline
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
I saw Dillinger Escape Plan at Beauty Bar during Chaos in Tejas (but that's an exception for that place). You should come down for Warbringer and Landmine Marathon on Sunday.
I'll try, but I spent a good chunk of my money at Opeth. I actually had to sell one of my guitars (a Squier strat - nothing special) just to get to this show. If that fails... I dunno yet.

I really hope like hell that D.R.I. shows up sometime in February so I can give Emo's a decent farewell with a show like that.
__________________
5/23 - Saint Vitus
5/24 - Down
5/27 - The Grundles
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
I'm conflicted about this tour. I really, REALLY want to see Earth Crisis live. Preferably headlining, but if they were direct support for CC, that would be sweet. Putting Otep in the middle of 'em, though... turns me off a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:32 AM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I'm conflicted about this tour. I really, REALLY want to see Earth Crisis live. Preferably headlining, but if they were direct support for CC, that would be sweet. Putting Otep in the middle of 'em, though... turns me off a lot.
Go, make fun of Otep, have fun.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cavalera conspiracy, otep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008