Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I dunno, guys. I'll always see them as a metal band, and I don't get that "so much" of the set was classical as opposed to metal:

At the Gates of Manala
Quutamo
Last Hope

Are they strictly metal songs? No. But I'd probably say the only songs in that set that aren't really metal at all are Beautiful and Sacra.

Last edited by JuuKun; 10-02-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Seems you let your pre-conceptions dictate your enjoyment of the show. Apocalyptica are a gimmick to the metal world, but they're very good outside of that, in the classical world. Personally, I'd love to see them someday, the idea of hearing some amazing classical melodies coupled with some modern metal is really cool to me.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Lincoln, you're a retard why would you go see Apocalyptica to hear metal? They play classical
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
N00B

I'm a huge fan of these guys and try and see them every time they come to the states. I started listening to them back in high school because they did string versions of Metallica songs. But once I delved into their discography I found myself skipping the Metallica covers when they came on my ipod. Their original arrangements are amazing. Very rarely, if at all, would I consider them a "metal" band. I can never see myself moshing to their music. Casual headbanging, yes.

For those who expected to see a metal show, listen to the song 'Bring Them To Light' off their new album. Joe from Gojira sings on it and it is amazing

Also, someone mentioned they didn't like how the guys stand up while playing. They do sit down during more melodic songs. It would be really weird if they were playing something fast and heavy and sitting down. However, up until just a year or so ago, they had their session cellist, Antero Manninen, come on tour. Antero is a true classic cellist. He would sit and play the whole show.

Tags
apocalyptica