Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
That Guy

Evergrey -- St. Paul, MN -- September 27th, 2011

I'm going to be way too tired when i get home to remember to make a Thread on this show. So I'm doing it now before I leave.

I'll will give my review, the best setlists I can give if I don't get a setlist, and all memorable stories that I can when I get back. I'll just revise this post when I get home.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 PM
N00B

make sure you see the damn Absence. They are a kickass band.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm going to be way too tired when i get home to remember to make a Thread on this show. So I'm doing it now before I leave.
Laaaaaaaaazy.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Laaaaaaaaazy.
Just got home mang! Not posting a review till tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkz View Post
make sure you see the damn Absence. They are a kickass band.
Oh I did, fucking phenomenal band.

Alright I guess I'll do a very short review. All the bands played the same sets as prior. The entire crowd was there for Sabaton, and 10-15% stayed for Evergrey.

I met and hung out with all the bands except Sabaton as they left right after their set. I got Station I.D.s for my show from everyone but Sabaton. Tom Englund is one of the funniest guys I ever met while drunk (I mean him not me being drunk).

And Maiden33, even while Drunk, he remembered you and your sister.

Here's 3 pics to tie you over:

One of my biggest Musical influences, Tom Englund, and Myself

Myself with my newly acquired Powerglove Power Sword after their set

The Stick I caught at the end Of Sabaton's set!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 AM
That Guy

Just made this. Hope you dig it for what it is:

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/tha...ys-station-ids
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Just made this. Hope you dig it for what it is:

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/tha...ys-station-ids
tom's made me laugh, he sounded drunk, haha.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
tom's made me laugh, he sounded drunk, haha.
Haha

Tom and the rest of Evergrey finished off a Bottle of Jack Daniels in 4 songs. Plus lots of beer before that. It was awesome.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
In Search of Truth

...This topic still seems to be lacking actual setlists...
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
...This topic still seems to be lacking actual setlists...

Some of them I actually don't remember completely so I'll do the best I can in review form. As always the best part of the reviews from me are after the show.

Here's The Review:

I got to Station 4 roughly a half hour before the doors opened. and I was 3rd in line. So I guess you can figure out how the turn out was. I got inside and I had front row center the entire time.

At 6:15, The Absence started. They played 5 songs, I really didn't know them before the show, but I was really impressed by them.

Then came Blackguard, who due to technical difficulties could only play 4 songs. Firefight, Fear Of The Flesh, and 2 older songs. They had a fill in guitarist for the rest of their tour as their lead guitarist was not able to due this tour.

Then came Powerglove, who gave out Free Starbursts between songs, and of course the Inflatable Swords. I caught the purple one, and a girl net to me caught the pink one. I can't remember the names off hand but they played in very close order:
X-Men
So Sexy Robotnik
Batman
Pokemon
Mario Minor

I hung out with the guys after the show, and While they do understand the hate they get. They are just playing to what they grew up on. They still plan on doing an original album of their own music at some point.

Then came the mighty Sabaton, who almost the entire crowd came there to see 9I'll get to that later) And I realize now that I was wrong, the promoter, Swordlord, picked out Sabaton's set which was:

Ghost Division
Primo Victoria
Coat of Arms
The Art of War
Cliffs of Gallipoli
40 to 1
Metal Machine

They were fucking amazing. Never before have I seen a band at Station 4 get the crowd going THIS MUCH. At the end of their set, (Thank God I'm 6ft 4in) I caught a drumstick mid-air. Everyone behind me was pissed, but fuck them I needed this because I don't know the next time, if ever, they will come back.

Then.....the entire crowd left.....seriously! Before Evergrey came on it was just people hanging onto the rail.

When Evergrey came on....there was 3 rows of people behind me....THAT'S IT! But Evergrey despite 95% of the people leaving played an amazing fucking set, the same set as the Cleveland show:

Leave It Behind Us
The Masterplan
Rulers of the Mind
Blinded
Solitude Within
Mark of the Triangle
As I Lie Here Bleeding
Monday Morning Apocalypse
Wrong
Watching the Skies
I'm Sorry
Frozen
--
When the Walls Go Down
Recreation Day
Broken Wings
A Touch of Blessing

After the show is where all the usual fun started.

I immediately had to sit down for 10 minutes after and down some water because I was dying. Station 4 is one of the hottest venues around, literally, they need some more fans in there or air conditioning or something.

After I got energy again, I met up with Tom outside and had a great conversation. He had more then his fair share of Alcohol. I wish I could have recorded the whole conversation. I apologized to him for most of the crowd leaving before their set and he said 'Fuck man, if I had known Sabaton was that big here, we would have played before them...well not really but you know what I'm getting at." Then we talked about their Iced Earth tour and they are actually trying really hard to come back in 2012. "It's not really up to us at this point, but we are trying. We want to come back, we love it here." Then I brought yup Maiden33 and he he immediately remembered him "Oh yeah I remember him saying he went to both shows. He was a really cool guy. Knows his shit" Then I got his Station I.D. and picture with him and let him carry on with drinking. haha.

Then I talked to two of the guys in Blackguard. They were kinda upset about the technical difficulties but the singer, with a great sense of humor said "Fuck it, we've been here 3 fucking times in 2 months, people know our songs here by now." And again they are coming back in 2 weeks! But I got their station IDs and let them carry their stuff out to their trailer.

I then hung out for a bit with Jamie from The Absence and Chris from Powerglove who were talking about music with a good friend of mine who I might be recording drums for in his Power Metal band. After a good long talk with Chris and Jamie, they laughed their asses off at my radio show name because they know exactly where it was coming from. On a previous tour Chris said that one of the opening bands for them was simply known as Drummer...nothing else...just Drummer. Powerglove of course will be coming back in 2012, hopefully on some bigger tours, nothing official yet. The Absence, they are trying as well but I guess they are having a harder time landing spots, but they aren't giving up hope. I want to see them again.

I would have loved to have hung out with Sabaton, but they left immediately after set set. So I got nothing from them except one of their sticks. The other went to the promoter Swordlord.

Overall, it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. I got to meet my 3rd biggest musical hero, Tom Englund and hang out with a lot of cool musicians. Overall VICTORY!

Tags
evergrey, powerglove, sabaton