Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 09-23-2011, 08:04 PM
N00B

Kix -- Springfield, VA -- September 17th, 2011

Went to JAXX to see KIX. Got there around 10 or so, walked in to a pretty packed JAXX, with a bunch of old timers (which is fine by me, don't have to worry about getting caught in a mosh!). As we were looking at the merch stand or as we got to the floor I recognized the opener playing REBEL YELL. Thought it sounded pretty good. Which is surprising since most opening/local bands I think are usually less than amazing. Even their original stuff sounded good, like a B side off of a hair band album. I was rather entertained Stayed around until "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" to get a drink.

What a mistake as it was the worst service I've evern had at Jaxx. Like 30 minutes waiting to get a RUM AND COKE. oh well. The waitress/bartender was randomly filing drinks, I don't understand since we were right in front of here, several other people had the same problem. Basically we heard the rest of their set thru the door.

Sat down for a bit, and Kix came on late, and it was LOUD and crowded. They played a couple songs off of SHOW BUSINESS that I do not recall hearing before live which was cool, and they had the standards they always play, and the stage show they are known for :3 all in all a great show minus the drink service
I had a great time, I've never known KIX to disappoint

Great show as always from KIX. Only thing I don't recall/appreciate is the drum solo- I could have sworn I've not heard one before live.

Frankie and the Actions
  • Rebel Yell (Billy Idol cover)
  • Strip to the Bone (orignal)
  • Tattoo Baby (original)
  • Train Kept a Rollin' (Aerosmith/Yardbirds cover)
  • I just want to make love to you (bar part starts around here)
  • Magic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf cover)
  • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC cover)
  • Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple cover)
  • Free Bird (still at bar) (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)

KIX
  • Time Bomb Baby
  • Red Light Green Light TNT
  • The Itch
  • Same Jane
  • Book to Hypnotize
  • Cold Shower
  • Girl Money
  • Don't CLose Your Eyes
  • No Ring Around Rosie
  • Lie Like a Rug
  • Get it While It's Hot
  • Solo
  • Cold Blood
  • Drum Solo (zzz)
  • Blow My Fuse
  • Sex
  • Yeah Yeah Yeah
Old 09-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Headbanger

Cool review. Yeah I know one of the bartenders there Emily and she randomly waits on people. She's kinda hot so people don't complain but that's crazy long for a drink. I usually get 2 there because I have zero patience.

Too bad they don't lose the solo's and put For Shame back in there. I'm not a big ballad guy but that song really works live for some reason.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Cool review. Yeah I know one of the bartenders there Emily and she randomly waits on people. She's kinda hot so people don't complain but that's crazy long for a drink. I usually get 2 there because I have zero patience.

Too bad they don't lose the solo's and put For Shame back in there. I'm not a big ballad guy but that song really works live for some reason.
Yeah I mean I'm not going to tell her how to do her job but Jesus Christ I got served quicker at the Amon Amarth show that was crammed with what I was pretty sure was more people than fire code allows.

It's been a while since I've heard 'For Shame' live (and seen the 'For Shame' vest lol). And I'd def want a song instead of a drum solo. The solo before/intro to Cold Blood was fine, they usually do that

Tags
frankie and the actions, kix