Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy

Right?? I mean it still has all the Heritage songs they are playing, most of the other mellow ones, but I just subbed in some more deathy ones. Nothing drastic. Don't see why they can't do something like that.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
N00B

Honestly I like most of these songs, even Throat of Winter and PITI2 and both of those are songs I thought I'd never see live. But it just seems they could have thrown some better mellow ones in, like Harvest or Burden (though I doubt the new guy can live up to Per's solo) or like Lotus Eater's funk bridge would kinda fit with Nepenthe's, or fucking Häxprocess would be awesome. I dunno, I guess I'll enjoy the set because they're good songs, but it's been 3 fucking years since they've come to MN and I want some of the classics in there too. On a sidenote, considering the last time Katatonia were here they had horrible mic problems and someone stole a guitar, it's good to see them coming back too. But fuck both of them, I'm wearing my Bloodbath shirt to this show!

AT ANY RATE, I'll be lucky enough to be at Devin Townsend's tour kickoff the next night, so I'll be sure to post a setlist for that for you guys
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Anyone want to have a laugh? A description/bio of Opeth from the page of a concert agency in NY:

Quote:
Peter and Mike sat in a sauna, naked. They were very drunk, and therefore decided to form a band named Opeth.
They left the sauna and stumbled home, while on the way met up with others who said they'd join the band. However, Mike lost their phone numbers so they had to settle with Axe, Per, and Mendez (they all served as alter-boys at church every sunday). Peter, suffering from post-maddrunk amnesia, forgot they formed a band, and didn't believe Mike, so Mike found Frederik, mistaking him for a waiter at Applebee's.
http://www.bowerypresents.com/event/44489
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 09-20-2011, 11:01 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Found this pic online:

Hope that doesn't mean this setlist is set in stone...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDIUM88 View Post
But fuck both of them, I'm wearing my Bloodbath shirt to this show!
Same.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Found this pic online:

Hope that doesn't mean this setlist is set in stone...
^This. I'm really hoping they'll at least tweak the set list a bit.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Yeah, Harvest or Benighted would be nice as far as their mellow stuff goes.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 PM
A Pathetic. Excuse. For a Human Being.

The best show I ever saw Opeth play was May '09 at House of Blues, Boston with Enslaved. It was a perfect show. After that I saw them at Terminal 5 when they played BWP/A song from each album. That show was good, but BWP is probably my least favorite opeth album (although it was MUCH better live).

Then I saw this show. Katatonia was solid. Opeth was a HUGE disappointment to the extent that I sold my Hartford ticket.

But of course all the Blowpeth Fagboys were saying how great it was after the show. Lame.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:22 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigMySpanky View Post
but BWP is probably my least favorite opeth album
Really? That pretty much disagrees with the view of every other Opeth fan in existence! Can I ask why you don't like it?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:56 PM
A Pathetic. Excuse. For a Human Being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Really? That pretty much disagrees with the view of every other Opeth fan in existence! Can I ask why you don't like it?
Yep, I know. And trust me, I've tried so fucking hard to get into it, it's not even funny. In fact, I like Ghost Reveries more, even though I only listen to 4 songs on that album. They have a lot of songs I skip and I don't own or listen to Watershed. I didn't really pay much attention to them after Still Life but my girlfriend likes them a lot and so starting around '08 I started going to their shows.

And of course you can ask that question, it's only logical. I suppose if I broke the music down I could find specifics, but what it comes down to is that none of the songs catch my ear. I like certain movements in some of the songs, but overall I just get bored.

You know how even songs you may not necessarily like can still get stuck in your head? No BWP song could ever get stuck in my head.

I love Death/Black/Grind metal but I would never say "well this stuff sucks because it's not death metal enough" or "I don't like the slow/soft parts." I like music that sounds good. I don't give a fuck how it's done. If it satisfies what my criteria for good music, I'm all about it.

My favorite is Still Life.

Tags
katatonia, opeth