Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

I've dealt out death - SO MANY TIMES
Only one thing running - THROUGH MY MIND
Money, money, money, money - MONEY

So when the file's being - PULLED ON YOU
I tell you what you're - GONNA DO
STAND STILL AND MAKE MY JOB EASIER!!!

I can never quite decide which song I like best, it's either this one, Drug Song or Serial Killer.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I've dealt out death - SO MANY TIMES
Only one thing running - THROUGH MY MIND
Money, money, money, money - MONEY

So when the file's being - PULLED ON YOU
I tell you what you're - GONNA DO
STAND STILL AND MAKE MY JOB EASIER!!!

I can never quite decide which song I like best, it's either this one, Drug Song or Serial Killer.
Yeah Drug Song is a close 2nd for me. I just love the end of KOC when it gets faster and faster.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
#30 is my favorite song off the Vio-lence classic Eternal Nightmare. I recently purchased my 3rd version of this classic when I saw they re-released it with a full concert 2nd cd. I was hoping the cd would be remastered but it sounds exactly the same to me.

Like I've mentioned before most of my friends couldn't get into Vio-lence because they hated the vocals but while Sean Killian was never one of my favorite vocalists I could tolerate him. Listening to this cd today I get why some people hated the vocals but they missed out on some great music to me. I love every song off their 1st 2 albums and the Torture Tactics EP.

#30 - Vio-lence - Kill On Command

great song !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
ROFL!!!!!! Oh that was too funny . He sounded like such an ass in that "interview." Then they lost to Pittsburgh the next week.
Yeah I love Bart Scott and really respect his passion for the game but that soundbite would be so much cooler if they beat Shittsburgh. I still laugh every time I hear it though.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
great song !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Thanks Bud!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Headbanger

WOW! The 1st song on the list that I wanted the exact version that kicks the most ass and it's not out there. WTF?

Ok, back it up. My 1st Slayer album was Reign in Blood. I couldn't get into any of it except Postmortem at first. Loved that song from jump but even Angel of Death took 10 or so spins. I basically forced myself to like the album because deep down I knew it was brilliant, I just wasn't 100% into speed metal yet.

Once it sunk in I bought the Live Undead picture disc because it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. It only had 6 songs but I was into it immediately. My favorite song was Show No Mercy with the incredible drum solo intro. I would literally go ballistic every time I heard it.

Years later I found the cd version of Live Undead with 2 more songs and I had to have it. For some ungodly reason they cut the drum solo intro off Show No Mercy! Why? It was a minute long and set the song up perfectly.

Foe someone who thinks drum solo's are a total waste of time these days, that solo and that type of solo is perfect and I wish they would bring it back.

A Slayer show ending with Angel of Death... people thinking the show is over... crazy drum solo into Show No Mercy... I can die happy!

#29 - Slayer - Show No Mercy

This is close but the Live Undead version sounds so much better!

Slayer - Show No Mercy Live w/ Drum Solo intro

Last edited by jhdeity; 09-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
A Slayer show ending with Angel of Death... people thinking the show is over... crazy drum solo into Show No Mercy... I can die happy!

That would be the best thing ever.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGG !!!!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Headbanger

I absolutely HATED this song the 1st time I heard it. My buddy went to see Shannon Larkin's band Amen open for someone in Myrtle Beach and all he could talk about was the drummer in Lamb of God who opened the show. He said this guy blew Shannon off the stage and I told him he had to be crazy.

At 1st listen I thought the vocals were a total clown car but had to give props to the drumming and music. I couldn't get into the band because of the vocals and just wrote them off.

A few years later I heard Ruin, Vigil and 11th Hour and the band started to grow on me. Laid to Rest was probably the song that finally got me to go back and really get into the older stuff and become a fan. I know some people aren't into them but I'm glad I was open minded enough and didn't let the 1st horrible impression of them be the last.

I still wish they would re-record some of the older songs with better vocals but at this point that is probably a pipe dream. The vocals on this cd are still a clown car to me. I prefer the live version of this song but used the video since it's kinda cool.

#28 - Lamb of God - Black Label
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Headbanger

I can't think of many positive things that came out of the last version of Headbangers Ball when Jasta hosted. I usually FF'd through 80% of the show and got tired of seeing the same crap over after over. One video I saw played at the end a few times was this weird man in a small room with tv/ dead bird/chick flying thing. At 1st I was like WTF? but halfway through that brutal breakdown kicked in and it was one of the heaviest things I've ever heard. I waited to the end and it was Gojira - To Sirius. Went out and picked up the cd the next day and threw it in my cd player.

I can't think of too many cd's that start off heavier than Ocean Planet and Backbone. I knew I got my money's worth right there.

#27 - Gojira - Ocean Planet

Last edited by jhdeity; 09-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.