Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Rigor Mortis!!!!!!!

Not sure if you've seen this before, but its Phil Anselmo with Morbid Angel, singing Day of Suffering.. Dude has some awesome growls on him if nothing else!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1_HWxYOTQ
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Rigor Mortis!!!!!!!

Not sure if you've seen this before, but its Phil Anselmo with Morbid Angel, singing Day of Suffering.. Dude has some awesome growls on him if nothing else!

Dude that was f'n awesome! I wonder when that was? Said it was uploaded in 2007.
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Rigor Mortis!!!!!!!

I fucking love that clip. It was likely on the Extreme Steel tour when morbid Angel toured with Pantera. so...2001?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I fucking love that clip. It was likely on the Extreme Steel tour when morbid Angel toured with Pantera. so...2001?
Damn, that tour skipped us. Baltimore didn't have a decent venue for 8-10 years and we were "Ginger Stepkids" when it came to good shows before Rams Head came along.

In hindsight that show would have been worth driving for...
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Headbanger

TOP 35!

A song that will never get old. I had never heard Kreator but was a huge Sodom fan and often heard them mentioned together. I decided to pick up the Flag of Hate EP since it was $2.99 used at Record and Tape Traders.

Back in the day EP's were a great way to check out new metal cheap. Yeah my "had to walk uphill 2 miles to school" tale is more like before the internet we had to buy albums based on 3 things. 1) Song Titles 2) Album Artwork & 3) The pics of the band on the back cover. The 1st 2 songs were ok but song 3 grabbed me by the throat and I went out and bought Pleasure to Kill the next day.

Little did I know this song would get better and better with every listen. Nothing cooler than playing that Sons of Anarchy (The Lost and Damned) expansion pack for GTA4 and walking in the biker clubhouse and hearing this song playing. One of the coolest "easter egg" type gaming moments for me. Deicide - Dead by Dawn afterwards floored me actually. Someone at Rockstar knows their shit...

#35 - Kreator - Awakening of the Gods
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
TOP 35!

A song that will never get old. I had never heard Kreator but was a huge Sodom fan and often heard them mentioned together. I decided to pick up the Flag of Hate EP since it was $2.99 used at Record and Tape Traders.

Back in the day EP's were a great way to check out new metal cheap. Yeah my "had to walk uphill 2 miles to school" tale is more like before the internet we had to buy albums based on 3 things. 1) Song Titles 2) Album Artwork & 3) The pics of the band on the back cover. The 1st 2 songs were ok but song 3 grabbed me by the throat and I went out and bought Pleasure to Kill the next day.

Little did I know this song would get better and better with every listen. Nothing cooler than playing that Sons of Anarchy (The Lost and Damned) expansion pack for GTA4 and walking in the biker clubhouse and hearing this song playing. One of the coolest "easter egg" type gaming moments for me. Deicide - Dead by Dawn afterwards floored me actually. Someone at Rockstar knows their shit...

#35 - Kreator - Awakening of the Gods

That song was in GTA4 holy shit!! Yea someone does have some good taste. I think Bathory's "Call From The Grave" was on there too.

But yea Awakening of the Gods is a fucking masterful epic. Just 7 minutes of death and riffs and the intro just sets the whole thing up perfect.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Rigor Mortis is a band who if they didn't open for Vio-lence I would have probably never heard of. I saw them on my concert ticket opening the show and I went out and bought their album just to see if they were worth checking out. I was obsessed with this album for 2 weeks straight. Loved the whole thing. Couldn't wait to see them live and made sure I was standing in front of the guitarist because I had to see with my own eyes if he could actually play that fast. I literally couldn't believe my eyes. One of my favorite opening acts ever and the fact I got to party with them after their set and before Vio-lence made this show one of my favorites of all time.

I didn't find out that was the same guitarist in Ministry until I actually saw them live and recognized him. I didn't know the other dude is in GWAR until GarageMetal posted it in his link. I always wondered what happened to these guys and cool to see some recent clips of them playing popping up. I added a 2nd clip I found which is really cool.

#37 - Rigor Mortis - Demons

This is a live clip from a DVD called The Birth of Dallas/Fort Worth Underground Metal with Phil singing with Rigor Mortis. Has anyone seen this dvd? I'm sure I'd love it.

Phil Anselmo with RM

Excellent choice, that self titled debut is a classic that will go down in history as one of the best thrash albums of all time!

As of now, RM are only playing shows around Texas for whatever reason. I'm really hoping they tour the U.S. though, I'd be there in a heartbeat if it came anywhere near the midwest.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post

Excellent choice, that self titled debut is a classic that will go down in history as one of the best thrash albums of all time!

As of now, RM are only playing shows around Texas for whatever reason. I'm really hoping they tour the U.S. though, I'd be there in a heartbeat if it came anywhere near the midwest.
Phil should take them on tour with him. Superjoint / Rigor Mortis / Down type show.
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

White Zombie - Electric Head Pt. 1: The Agony.

[/thread]

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
White Zombie - Electric Head Pt. 1: The Agony.

[/thread]
Love that song. A local cover band called Burn with musicians from Mystic Force and several other former "established" bands used to open with it.

If I created a thread of songs for grinding on hot chicks out of my league this would be Top 3. hahaha I always liked it better than part 2 even though the latter seemed to be played live more often and receive more accolades.

Ironically Mark Tremonti flew to Baltimore to audition that bands singer for Alter Bridge and he was the other finalist who lost out to Myles Kennedy. Crazy...
1/28 - Machine Head