Hatebreed -- Detroit, MI -- September 12th, 2014
We Came As Romans -- Lansing, MI -- September 11th, 2014
Accept -- Solana Beach, CA -- September 11th, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- Sydney, Australia -- September 11th, 2014

Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
mmmm, maybe they have never replicate exactly with a 100% accuracy note for note the studio solos live. But to me that's the beauty of Maiden, especially Dave that plays more with the spirit of the moment\ his instincs and feeling his solos.

But I'll give you one thing though, and that comes from a guy who has every fucking official things that Maiden has ever released and maybe over 200 + bootlegs (I stopped counting a long time ago). To me, there is not a single live version of Hallowed Be Thy Name that is better than the studio one. Same thing goes with Where Eagles Dare from Piece Of Mind.

I think every other Maiden songs I will always choose a live version over the studio one (when possible evidently)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

But the thing is, I'm not a guy who expects a 100% replication. Hell on a good day I'll take a 75% replication. But the thing is, I've seen and heard Dave and Adrian nail The Trooper, Fear of The Dark 2 Minutes to Midnight, Number of the Beast, Revelations, The Evil That Men Do, and even motherfucking Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner 100%. And they can't get right a basic 8 bar solo?

and your assesment of Dave's spontantiety held true back in the 80's and even throughout the 90's and a couple years into the 00's. But now? He's almost as bad as Janick!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post

and your assesment of Dave's spontantiety held true back in the 80's and even throughout the 90's and a couple years into the 00's. But now? He's almost as bad as Janick!

OMG !!! you searching for a fight right ?!? :edwink: Don't you dare say something wrong about Dave !! He's fucking in another league than that dancing queen Janick. He a fucking god man

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
OMG !!! you searching for a fight right ?!? :edwink: Don't you dare say something wrong about Dave !! He's fucking in another league than that dancing queen Janick. He a fucking god man

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I'm honestly not searching for a fight. But I do believe Dave is really sloppy nowadays.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Headbanger

#17 is a song that not only do I love to jam out to but really affected me during an influential time. Without getting into the whole "being raised Catholic and lashing out" story... I always believed there were major "common sense" issues with organized religion and the Bible. I remember reading it as a kid and laughing at how some stories were too scripted and created to influence people to be true. I just didn't buy certain things with the #1 "there is no fucking way" story being Noah's Ark.

Long story short I pissed off a lot of family members and friends with my views and just the fact that I would even question the Bible back then was unheard of. This song amongst others spoke to me in a way that I really needed. I needed to know to "Think for Yourself and Question Authority" or you would live you life as a sheep. I still enjoy a good intelligent debate on Noah's Ark with my Christian acquaintances who respond with "because the Bible said so and God wrote the Bible" to every valid point I make. Seriously that's their one and only argument. It's hilarious.

I know these lyrics might seem a little cliche' now but they hold significant meaning to me and any kid being subjected to Sunday School or CCD or whatever it's called in your town should hear this song in my not-so-humble opinion.

#17 - Sacred Reich - No Believers

I never had much of an opinion on Joe Rogan but this guy is way more intelligent and entertaining than I would have ever known. This clip is one of the best things in the history of the internet. The stand-up is classic but the way he owns the guy backstage is LEGENDARY!

Joe Rogan - Noah's Ark
Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
N00B

Sacred Reich is so good.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Headbanger

My favorite Vio-Lence song clocks in at #16. Love the solo's, love the speed, love the drum work, love everything about this song. I'm sure most people would choose another Vio-Lence song as their favorite but this one has always been mine from the 1st time I heard the album.

Hopefully some people have overlooked this song or never heard it. If that's the case maybe you'll dig it as much as I do. Enjoy!

#16 - Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses
Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
Sacred Reich is so good.
Yeah they are. I haven't lsitened to them in a while but this list has really gotten me back into them. I dig their fast shit the most but even their later stuff was cool and different.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Headbanger

Here's a quick update before the Top 15. As much as I love these songs the next 15 are a notch above. Every one is a classic in my eyes. I'm sure at least 3 or 4 wouldn't make anyone else's Top 20 but that's what makes these lists so great I guess. It's a personal thing and thanks for caring, responding or just lurking or whatever. I tried to give my logic or reasoning why I hold the song so high rather than copy and pasting some wiki facts to throw a different spin on things. The toughest part was limiting myself to 3 songs per band. If I hadn't there would be at least 10 Slayer and Metallica songs probably. Stay tuned for the Top 15...

50 Chemikill - Kill My Confusion
49 Death - Mutilation
48 Exodus - Deathanphetamine
47 Flotsam & Jetsam - Der Fuhrer
46 Laaz Rockit - Fire in the Hole
45 Venom - In League With Satan
44 Sadus - The Wake
43 Wehrmacht - Shark Attack
42 Sepultura - Escape to the Void
41 Wrathchild America - Hells Gates
40 Machine Head - Blood for Blood
39 Sodom - Nuclear Winter
38 Overkill - Deny The Cross
37 Rigor Mortis - Demons
36 Souls at Zero - Underneath
35 Kreator - Awakening of the Gods
34 Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Maniac
33 Black Sabbath - Under The Sun
32 Godflesh - Christbait Rising
31 Toxic Holocaust - Nuke The Cross
30 Vio-lence - Kill on Command
29 Slayer - Show No Mercy
28 Lamb of God - Black Label
27 Gojira - Ocean Planet
26 Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
25 Death - Scream Bloody Gore
24 Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
23 Anthrax - AIR
22 Sadus - Oracle of Obmission
21 Exhorder - Cadence of the Dirge
20 Exodus - Strike of the Beast
19 Slayer - Kill Again
18 Vektor - Black Future
17 Sacred Reich - No Believers
16 Vio-Lence - Oppressing the Masses
Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Headbanger

The 1st time I saw Testament live was at Hammerjacks on The New Order Tour in front of 23 people. I had only seen the Trial By Fire, Over The Wall and Nobody's Fault videos on HBB and of the 3 I liked Nobody's Fault the most. I couldn't believe they could turn an Aerosmith song that I kinda liked into a one of the best cover songs I had ever heard.

I bought The New Order and listened to it a few times before seeing them live. I liked every song on the album but 2 songs were my instant favorites. Into The Pit and The Preacher. When they opened with Into The Pit I immediately moved from Eric Peterson's side to Alex Skolnick's side of the stage. I knew who the star of this band was within 2 minutes.

By the 4th song they were settled in and Chuck Billy said the next song is one that should get this place going nuts and they broke into The Preacher. He headbanged along with the crowd to every note while singing and playing the air guitar on his half-mic stand. Something that would make him famous but at the time was the 1st time I'd ever seen it. I jammed out like a maniac and worshipped Chuck Billy from that day forth. One of the best frontmen to ever live. Period. The Preacher was by far the highlight of the night and it solidified that song into my annals forever. #15 is one of the best songs ever penned and certainly one of the best live songs you'll ever see.

#15 - Testament - The Preacher
Old 11-11-2011, 11:16 PM
N00B

I love this topic. I actually just got home from seeing Testament for my first time. Everything you typed up is exactly on par with me except the 23 people part because there were over 500 at this maybe 1000 I don't know it was packed. I died during into the Pit because that was right where I went.

Also your list has shown me a ton of awesome bands to listen too