Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Fuckin love Gojira. heavy as hell
Old 10-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Headbanger

Being a fan of Sepultura's older stuff I was really looking forward to them finally being produced properly and working with translators to possibly make the vocals and lyrics better. What they produced was far beyond my expectations. Their 3rd cd is an absolute masterpiece and totally floored me. I can't think of any band that made a greater leap from their 2nd to 3rd cd than these guys.

The intro to Beneath the Remains really sets you up for the sucker punch too. The more I listened to the intro the more I was thinking here comes the muddy production and then it just explodes in your face. I can easily see this song being Top 10 on some lists. If I made this list a few years ago it probably would have been higher on mine also.

While I really respect their later efforts I still hold this cd in the highest regard because it still encompasses their earlier style and shows the true progression into Arise and Chaos AD. As far as 3-album streaks go this cd started one of the 10 best for sure.

#26 - Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Old 10-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

WHO WHO WHO HAS WON

WHO WHO WHO HAS DIED

BENEATH THE REMAAAAAAAINS!

That closing slavo of riffs breaks my neck every time.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:45 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Being a fan of Sepultura's older stuff I was really looking forward to them finally being produced properly and working with translators to possibly make the vocals and lyrics better. What they produced was far beyond my expectations. Their 3rd cd is an absolute masterpiece and totally floored me. I can't think of any band that made a greater leap from their 2nd to 3rd cd than these guys.

The intro to Beneath the Remains really sets you up for the sucker punch too. The more I listened to the intro the more I was thinking here comes the muddy production and then it just explodes in your face. I can easily see this song being Top 10 on some lists. If I made this list a few years ago it probably would have been higher on mine also.

While I really respect their later efforts I still hold this cd in the highest regard because it still encompasses their earlier style and shows the true progression into Arise and Chaos AD. As far as 3-album streaks go this cd started one of the 10 best for sure.

#26 - Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
I love Beneath the Remains but I think you're selling Schizophrenia short. If anything Schizophrenia had crazier, more aggressive riffing than what came after it. I know you're not trashing Schizo here but to say Beneath was a big leap is wrong, I think. The two albums are very close, with the only major difference being the production.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I love Beneath the Remains but I think you're selling Schizophrenia short. If anything Schizophrenia had crazier, more aggressive riffing than what came after it. I know you're not trashing Schizo here but to say Beneath was a big leap is wrong, I think. The two albums are very close, with the only major difference being the production.
Yeah I loved the album. Escape to the Void was #42 on the list. I just found after they released their next few albums I rarely ever went back to Morbid Visions or Schizophrenia. I would always grab Troops of Doom, Escape to the Void, RIP and select others for compilation cd's but rarely ever listened to them start to finish. Actually I started liking the live versions of those songs so much that I would use those on my compilations.

Maybe I do need to throw those gems in to hear them with fresh ears. I always liked that instrumental on Schizo too.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
N00B

Black Label!!!!!!!!! I think the vocals are very poorly recorded on that album, but they are so fuckin good on every other album, it just cancels it out. I play guitar, and Black Label is so fun to play, especially in a live setting.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Black Label!!!!!!!!! I think the vocals are very poorly recorded on that album, but they are so fuckin good on every other album, it just cancels it out. I play guitar, and Black Label is so fun to play, especially in a live setting.
I could imagine. The drums in that songs are insane so playing along with that would be incredible I'm sure. I picked up that Hourglass set they released last year and loved it but I was hoping they would re-record NAG. Some of those songs are totally worth the effort and deserve better vocals.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Headbanger

Before I get into the Top 25 I wanted to throw the 1st surprise in there. Getting back to compilation cd's. This list are all songs under 2 minutes I used to use as filler for compilations when there was 2 minutes of less left at the end. Some were great as intros into other songs and some were just the perfect way to end a great cd. Most are classics and some you may have never heard. Enjoy!

Nuclear Assault - Hang The Pope
D.R.I - You Say I'm Scum
S.O.D - Chromatic Death
Righteous Pigs - Celibate Tease
Flotsam & Jetsam - Kill All Bouncers
Hatebreed - Driven By Suffering
Muzza Chunka - Dim Sum Brunch
Clutch - One Eye Dollar
Hed PE - Not Ded Yet
Slayer - Necrophobic
Toxic Holocaust - Warfare
Suicidal Tendencies - I Shot the Devil
Hatebreed - Conceived Through an Act of Violence

Last edited by jhdeity; 09-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Headbanger

Heard One Eye Dollar at the strip club where Alexis Ford was dancing tonight. Seeing a hottie dance while the Ravens are losing to one of the worst teams in football was so surreal. WTF Flacco?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Beneath The Remains!!

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)