Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 PM
In Search of Truth

ProgPower USA XIII Roster Announced

Source: Texts/Facebook Posts from all my friends there.

Friday: (top to bottom)
Epica
Redemption
Primordial
Serenity
Solution. 45
Kingcrow
Sinbreed

Saturday:
Symphony X
Pretty Maids
Mystic Prophecy
Mayan
Amaranthe
Lanfear
Above Symmetry

Apparently every band has at least an hour's set this year.

Last edited by Maiden33; 09-16-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 PM
In Search of Truth

Overall I'd say it's an improvement over this year's roster, albeit a marginal one. I'd say that overall we're definitely seeing more of a return to the general style the festival is known for, and I'd say they definitely fixed the "headliner issue" from this year. I'm not 100% sure if the order of the billing is correct - I will edit it as I find out for sure.

I'm kinda indifferent to this honestly. It's a step in the right direction, but I'm just not really sure I can say it's enough to really get me back in their corner. There's a really good number of bands on this bill that I LIKE - and that I'm interested in seeing... but at the end of the day there's still only two bands I consider "top tier" for myself, and one of them is Symphony X - who I KNOW I'm gonna get an opportunity to see on tour. There's like 7 other bands I definitely LIKE - but that's it, I like them. I don't love them, and I'm certainly not filled with a compelling need to see them live.

I feel like a broken record by this point - but why no Anubis Gate? What about Masterplan? Hibria? LORD? I've been assuming it's just a matter of time for all of these bands for as long as I've been following the festival. Just seems weird to me. Also, I would've really pegged Riot for an appearance - and a return for Seventh Wonder or ESPECIALLY Pagan's Mind.

Furthermore I'm shocked at the complete absence of any of the following artists:
Borealis, Lost in Thought, Malison Rogue, Myrath, Enbound, Eden's Curse, Eumeria...

Last edited by Maiden33; 09-16-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:50 PM
That Guy

Seeing Primordial gives me the thought that they could tour here next year. Hmm......

Overall, it's on par with this year honestly. Saturday only has SX which I would care to see (Unless I'm missing out on a band). Friday look like perfection though.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Seeing Primordial gives me the thought that they could tour here next year. Hmm......

Overall, it's on par with this year honestly. Saturday only has SX which I would care to see (Unless I'm missing out on a band). Friday look like perfection though.
Looks like you need to check out some Lanfear, Pretty Maids, and Above Symmetry (they used to be called Aspera). Also, Mystic Prophecy aren't bad.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Looks like you need to check out some Lanfear, Pretty Maids, and Above Symmetry (they used to be called Aspera). Also, Mystic Prophecy aren't bad.
Will do!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:05 PM
In Search of Truth

LANFEAR - "Enter Dystopia" <-- Just listened to this from posting it and realized how much I love this song.

PRETTY MAIDS - "Pandemonium" <-- They've been around since the mid-80s, but this was an outstanding "comeback" album of sorts.

ABOVE SYMMETRY - "Traces Inside"

MYSTIC PROPHECY - "Burning Bridges" <-- Yes, Gus G used to be in this band. Their new stuff is heavier. Think more melodeath (still clean vocals though) and less power metal.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
LANFEAR - "Enter Dystopia" <-- Just listened to this from posting it and realized how much I love this song.

PRETTY MAIDS - "Pandemonium" <-- They've been around since the mid-80s, but this was an outstanding "comeback" album of sorts.

ABOVE SYMMETRY - "Traces Inside"

MYSTIC PROPHECY - "Burning Bridges" <-- Yes, Gus G used to be in this band. Their new stuff is heavier. Think more melodeath (still clean vocals though) and less power metal.
Starting to check them out now. Will report back.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
That Guy

Digging Lanfear for the most part. The keyboards gotta pretty out of place in the middle, but it got back to normal later.

I'm really liking Pretty Maids. Not really sure why I avoided them in the past (Maybe the name? that's a dumb reason though). Great stuff.

Above Symmetry is cool. Wasn't really expecting those vocals. A bit poppier then I was expecting. Still cool though.

I've heard of Mystic Prophecy, but never checked them out until now. I remember Gus G. had something to do with these guys. it's very strange hearing this music without screams in it....that's what makes me like it even more.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Not as good as this year by a long stretch. Love that Friday line-up, except Epica are dull live, but that Saturday is pretty boring. I like all the bands enough, but I wouldn't travel more than an hour to see that line-up. MaYaN are the most exciting thing about Saturday.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Play it loud, don't play it low

If Pagan's Mind was on going to be there, I'd consider going again. I'd like to see Redemption live.