Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Yea I understand that.

88. Motorhead- Ace of Spades

Motorhead’s most popular album is great for beginners, but it’s not quite their best effort. But unlike Judas Priest where the most popular album just had the simplest, lowest common denominator material, with Motorhead you get the same album every time. So it’s more of a matter of which album has the strongest signal to noise ratio. Ace of Spades has an excellent signal to noise ratio, but they would develop much stronger ones with albums that were made after the metal police decided they were no longer the heaviest band of the metal scene and thus abandoned the band (the ugly truth of why no one pays attention after this album) and one album made before it. What albums are those? Stay tuned for future episodes.

Recommended track:
Love Me Like A Reptile
Old 10-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Come on, guys, more posts. Even if you don't like the album/ think its too low or too high.

87. Possessed- Seven Churches

I suppose I love Seven Churches more than Pierced From Within because itís more pure thrash metal with guttural vocals, and thus the songs are more distinguishable and memorable. But even then, fuckin A these riffs are demonic and evil. Even though there are four more Slayer albums to come on this list, I gurantee you they heard this album and became super jealous that they didnít come up with each and every one of the riffs on display. Possessed were also at times taking the satanic and hell lyrical subjects to far more terrifying levels than Slayer did on fucking Hell Awaits, their most evil album! Maybe thatís why Slayer began to shy away, they thought ďoh shit, if these guys are at this level now, imagine what theyíll be like on their next album!Ē

Well sadly, Possessedís second album went more in the direction of crossover punk thrash and thus they lost a lot of the brutality that made them great in the first place, the first bullet of many that ended this great bandís depressingly short career. But this album is a time-honored classic that will never be forgotten by the metal elite. Hail the Seven Churches!

Recommended track:
Holy Hell
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Believe it or not I don't actually own Ace of Spades. It might be the biggest classic hard rock / heavy metal album that I'm missing.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Hey.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Believe it or not I don't actually own Ace of Spades. It might be the biggest classic hard rock / heavy metal album that I'm missing.
Hey man, everyone has a classic they don't own. I for instance don't own any Queen or Thin Lizzy albums. You have heard the album though, right?

Last edited by JRA; 10-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Come on, guys, more posts. Even if you don't like the album/ think its too low or too high.
There might be more posts but you've put up like eight albums in three days. Slow it down a bit and let people have a chance to get in here and read your reviews. If you add too much to quickly people might get lost as to where the thread is at.

I know it's not hard to scroll back to previous pages but still there's no reason to rush this at all.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Hey man, everyone has a classic they don't own. I for instance don't own any Queen or Thin Lizzy albums. You have heard the album though, right?
About half of it. I have every intention of getting it sometime so I usually don't let myself listen to albums until I have physically bought them.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
There might be more posts but you've put up like eight albums in three days. Slow it down a bit and let people have a chance to get in here and read your reviews. If you add too much to quickly people might get lost as to where the thread is at.

I know it's not hard to scroll back to previous pages but still there's no reason to rush this at all.
People can comment albums further down the list that whatever the current one is. I do it all the time. I'll take your advice into consideration though.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

I love Pierced From Within so much.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I was originally gonna do three albums a day, but I think I'll scale it back to two. I'll still put the third one up later tonight though.