Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014

Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
N00B

Fuck yes, Painkiller!

I agree about Ram It Down, it's pretty damn good.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
The last few entries have been awesome.

Thank you good sir!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Good choices for recommended tracks.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

10. Black Sabbath- Paranoid

Every top list gets one free "Can't say anything about it that hasn't already been said."

Recommended Songs:
War Pigs
Electric Funeral
Hand of Doom
Iron Man
Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 AM

My favorite Sab album. I don't care how many times you've heard Iron Man and War Pigs, they are still two of the best heavy metal songs ever made.
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
My favorite Sab album. I don't care how many times you've heard Iron Man and War Pigs, they are still two of the best heavy metal songs ever made.
Yea....they kind of are. What's funny is you think Paranoid would be the overplayed song.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
N00B

As I much I love Paranoid, the my friend made me dislike War Pigs, so it's not the same
Old 11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
As I much I love Paranoid, the my friend made me dislike War Pigs, so it's not the same
Wait wha?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

9. Iron Maiden- Killers

The sad thing is like my Hell Awaits/Reign In Blood comparison, this wouldn’t be quite as fondly remembered if the debut had better production. In Steve’s own words the first album was a “best of: the pub years” and this is all the leftovers. Which is being a little bit unfair. There isn’t really a straightforward killer anthem like Running Free or Prowler, nor is there a grand epic like Phantom of the Opera (well, there is Prodigal Son, the one weak track on the album). But it’s still a great collection of above average NWOBHM tracks. Maiden were always ahead of the curve with the NWOBHM, and this album is proof why. Even though they all are “the leftovers” the addition of Adrian, the fine tuning of the band as a unit as a result of a great European tour, combined with a massive boost in production help give this album a seismic boost. The great thing about this is usually with star producers like Birch, the production becomes too slick and takes away from the raw heaviness of the band (which strangely enough is exactly what happened with Sabbath’s Heaven & Hell). But here they become an ugly, bloodthirsty beast. The raw, monster tunes —including the bass! Check out Innocent Exile to hear that beautiful distortion, perhaps that’s how The Clairvoyant should have been recorded— elevate this into a dark grimy audio experience that perfectly match the simple but effective album cover of Eddie murdering a victim with an axe. This is easily the heaviest Maiden have ever sounded. It’s a shame that Wratchild is the only song that sees the light of day live anymore, because I’ve always felt that’s one of the few songs where Bruce takes away from the song’s original feel. I usually disagree that Bruce sounds like a fairy trying to sing the Di’anno songs, but Wrathchild is a street thug anthem, and Bruce is not a street thug.

This album is arguably Dave Murray’s finest performance as a lead player. One thinks that with Adrian aboard the solos would be split 50/50 but here its more 70/30 on Dave’s side, and most of the truly awesome solos are credited to him either way (see: the first solo of the title track). Even though this is Maiden’s leftovers album, you definitely see the potential for something huge brewing. That’s what sums up this album the best, super heaviness with maximum potential.

Quite a few casual Maiden fans overlook this one because of the much darker tone and feel of the album. I urge those people to stick with for 3 or 4 more listens, you’ll not only find a truly special moment in Maiden’s history, but an album that is just so...METAL!

Recommended Songs:
Killers
Purgatory
Drifter
Genghis Khan
Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM

I like Killers but it's probably one of my least favorite Maiden albums.
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac