Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slayer -- Albany, NY -- November 25th, 2014
Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Just fuck Eddie Trunk. Really...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
He's sounded amazing when I seen him with Down, probably just had an off night. Pantera are my favorite band, but his worse vocal performances are on latter day Pantera live shows, without a doubt.
Well then case closed! haha
Old 09-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Just fuck Eddie Trunk. Really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
According to Eddie Trunk. Metal was from 1975 to 1989.
You know when you think about it, it's kind of true. 1989 is when all the Maiden and Priest and all the "true-metal" fanbases grew up, graduated high school, got married, got a job and stopped caring about metal in general.

That's why metal died in the 90's. Not because of Nirvana, or Grunge, or alternative rock, or Metallica selling out. All the fans of these bands were spoon-fed bands like Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray and Iced Earth and bands that weren't super-guttrual and atonal like death metal. I think extreme metal has it merits, but metal's survival and legitamcy depends on rock & roll-yet-unpandering-to-women bands being in the charts and having mainstream videos. In order for that to happen, there needs to be the demand. The demand purely and simply was not there anymore. The people who thought Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keeper of the Seven Keys were the most poetic things ever suddenly thought Imaginations from the Other Side and The Metal Age was too gay for them, even though they were essentially the same thing. Metal fans deserve Eddie Trunk representing them and they deserve Kerry King being interviewed side by side with the guys from Faster Pussycat.

Last edited by JRA; 09-12-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Well then case closed! haha
That said, he sounded awful on that stream, his voice sounded worn out though, he is on tour so its not surprising!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know when you think about it, it's kind of true...
I'm saying fuck Eddie Trunk because he is such a douche on That Metal Show and what he thinks of certain bands. He is too big of a Priest/Kiss fan boy to recognize any other band's importance in that time period. I remember him calling Iron Maiden sell outs for Seventh Son.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
That's why metal died in the 90's.
Metal didn't die in the 90s, the masses just weren't spoon-fed it like in the 70s and 80s.
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
That Guy

Metal is still a legit Genre. Metal is not dead. Just because it's not the biggest genre doesn't mean it's dead. Hell if you look at it from Trunk's point of view, you had to be GLAM Metal to be metal, with the occasional Thrash band.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Dear Eddie Trunk,

You seem like the type of guy who would run a CMC International type of label. Hey let's sign bands like Y&T, Slaughter, Tyketto, Bulletboys, White Lion, White Lion bassist side project, Y&T drummer side project, etc. etc.

You could blather about it on your little VH1 show, sell 343 Cinderella records first week out, and tell yourself that you're really running a fully functional and operationally viable label, then sell out to a Warner or Sony for a nominal fee if they agree to hold you on for a couple years doing A&R consulting.

You just always struck me as the guy who would cling to any old job in the industry if it meant getting backstage to Overkill once a year.

Struggling to be relevant, struggling to be learned, and with all the personality of a burnt piece of toast. The fat kid in middle school with ketchup on his shirt at 9 AM. The kid always picked last in dodgeball. The kid who picks lint out of his ass crack then sniffs it.

Drop dead loser, you're a zero contributor to this genre.

Warmest regards,
Maideneer
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Metal didn't die in the 90s, the masses just weren't spoon-fed it like in the 70s and 80s.
and in order for any genre to stay commercially viable it needs to be spoon-fed to the masses! And yes that is important! Otherwise the awesome bands from Europe that we love won't tour anywhere near this country. And isn't that what we want? To see these bands live without having to fucking spend way too much money to see them in Europe? I mean look at Nightwish, by the time the US started paying attention to them, they were all washed up!

Quote:
I'm saying fuck Eddie Trunk because he is such a douche on That Metal Show and what he thinks of certain bands. He is too big of a Priest/Kiss fan boy to recognize any other band's importance in that time period. I remember him calling Iron Maiden sell outs for Seventh Son.

He said Can I Play With Madness sounds like Bon Jovi. I counterargue that multitracked vocals to start a song had been going on since The Beatles (specifically Nowhere Man). But he never called them sellouts.

also

Dear Maideneer,

Shut the hell up!

Your buddy
JRA

Last edited by JRA; 09-12-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
He said Can I Play With Madness sounds like Bon Jovi. I counterargue that multitracked vocals to start a song had been going on since The Beatles (specifically Nowhere Man). But he never called them sellouts.
Comparing a Metal band to Bon Jovi is saying they are sell outs. It's like saying Blind Guardian sounds like Maroon 5. And in other articles he has said that he doesn't understand how Maiden is such a huge act when the likes of Priest came before and did it first. Of course I have a bias because I'm an Iron Maiden fan, but he writes them off like nobody's business.