Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Breaking their will

Judas Priest -- St.Paul, MN -- June 1st, 2005

Well, my neck is pretty sore right now but it was all worth it! This was a fantastic show

I've never been a big fan of Queensryche so I'm going to apologize to all of the fans searching for their setlist right now, because I'm not going to be able to help you out. They sounded good though and I would imagine anyone who is a fan would have enjoyed their set. Most of the stuff they played was alot heavier than their newer material so I'm guessing they were mostly playing their older songs. The only one I recognized was "Empire" which sounded excellent. Again, I'm not a fan but they were perfectly acceptable as an opening act.

The reason I was there (obviously) was Judas Priest and they definitely did not disappoint! In fact they sounded even better than last years performance at Ozzfest

Rob sounded fantastic to me and was hitting just about all of the high notes that I have heard he hasn't been lately. He sang "Exciter" an octave lower than the album (which I had heard he's been doing) but I can overlook that. The highlight of the show for me was getting to hear "Hellrider" for the first time. That one absolutely destroys live and (believe it or not) sounded even heavier to me than it does on the album Other definite highlights were "Touch Of Evil", the acoustic version of "Diamonds And Rust", "Painkiller", oh hell it was all good

The sound was excellent and I have to say it was one of the louder shows I have been to in the past few years. My ears were ringing for HOURS after the show. KK and Glen were nearly flawless (which wasn't a big surprise) and after last nights show I can honestly say they are my favorite guitar duo. Scott Travis is easily the best drummer Priest have ever had which we all knew anyway. He can "Deliver The Goods" (Pun intended!) live and was fun to watch. I could actually hear Ian this time around (Couldn't at Ozzfest) and he's a solid live bassist to say the least. I really liked his tone for the solo riff at the beginning of "Revolution", which by the way sounded MUCH better live than it does on the album.

The setlist was exactly the same as it was for their Ohio show which doesn't really bother me. There are always going to be songs that do not get played by a band with that extensive of a catalog. My minor complaint is I really wanted to hear "Worth Fighting For" which is one of my favorites from "Angel Of Retribution" and I was slightly disappointed that they didn't fit that one into the set especially since it was played in Japan. Maybe they didn't care for the way they played it there Either way though I still absolutely loved the show.

I thought the show was phenominal overall and cannot wait to see the Metal Gods again on the second leg of the tour

Setlist:

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Metal Gods
Riding On The Wind
A Touch Of Evil
Judas Rising
Revolution
Breaking The Law
I'm A Rocker
Diamonds And Rust
Deal With The Devil
Beyond The Realms Of Death
Turbo Lover
Hellrider
Victim Of Changes
Exciter
Painkiller
<Encore>
Hell Bent For Leather
Living After Midnight
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Old 06-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Thanks for the review!!! Do you have any info about the merch for either band?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Breaking their will

I'll tell you the ones I remember for Judas Priest only because I did not pay attention to the Queensryche shirts. They had short and longsleeve Angel Of Retribution shirts, a British Steel cover shirt with tourdates, a Screaming For Vengeance babydoll shirt for the ladies, a hoodie that I believe had some symbol from the new album which I can't remember right now (But for $65 I decided to pass) and an "all-over" Angel Of Retribution design T-shirt in gray and black with the JP logo and their symbol on the back which I overpaid $45 for! I believe all of the regular T-shirts were $35, longsleeves were either $40 or $45 and as I said my all-over was $45.

Concert shirts ARE way overpriced nowadays but I usually give in if I really like the shirt
Old 06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
The Cheese

Thanks for the review! I can't wait for Saturday
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider
I'll tell you the ones I remember for Judas Priest only because I did not pay attention to the Queensryche shirts. They had short and longsleeve Angel Of Retribution shirts, a British Steel cover shirt with tourdates, a Screaming For Vengeance babydoll shirt for the ladies, a hoodie that I believe had some symbol from the new album which I can't remember right now (But for $65 I decided to pass) and an "all-over" Angel Of Retribution design T-shirt in gray and black with the JP logo and their symbol on the back which I overpaid $45 for! I believe all of the regular T-shirts were $35, longsleeves were either $40 or $45 and as I said my all-over was $45.

Concert shirts ARE way overpriced nowadays but I usually give in if I really like the shirt
That's not fair

Thanks for the info though
Old 06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Please freaking drop "I'm A Rocker" and play "Worth Fighting For" in Chicago!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
Please freaking drop "I'm A Rocker" and play "Worth Fighting For" in Chicago!!!

Damn straight

But it has to be in Mountain View
Old 06-02-2005, 07:03 PM
The Metal God

Do you know what sizes the shirts came in?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Breaking their will

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRyaNxX
Do you know what sizes the shirts came in?
I got a Large, but I heard someone ask for an XXL and I think he got one. I don't know if there was any smaller than a Large though
Old 06-02-2005, 07:28 PM
The Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider
I got a Large, but I heard someone ask for an XXL and I think he got one. I don't know if there was any smaller than a Large though
Thanks for the info

Tags
judas priest